Trip Report "I Know More About Disney Than You Two"

Hello!! Hello!! I'm heading back to the world in 16 days so my goal is to get this TR done before I go. I know, you probably don't have much faith in me--neither do I, frankly. But, "If you can dream it, you can do it", right? ;)

WHO:
IMG_0647.JPG

WHERE:

IMG_0299.JPEG

IMG_0229.JPEG

WHEN:
Wednesday, April 14th - Sunday, April 18th

THE TITLE:
The reason for our trip was b/c E wanted to be there on her birthday!! This would actually be the 2nd time she's been in Disney for it. So, obviously all along I figured that the title would have something to do with it. You know, "The Birthday Trip" or something original like that.🤣 I've mentioned in the past that I normally wait though until the end of the trip to decide what the title should be. On day 2 J made a comment to his mother & I that in our wildest dreams we couldn't have been prepared for. Right then & there E's birthday TR title was totally tossed from my mind & a new title was born!!

A sincere welcome to everyone reading!!

riverside

Original Poster
Looks like Bucky has been busy and has become a well-traveled fella, haha!

Very happy to see @riverside , E and cute J, having lots of fun and meeting-up with our good friend @Loco_driver ! 😀
Bucky does get around!!

Thanks!! It was a lot of fun!!
Sorry for all the " Like" attacks, LOL. I've finally caught up with your report.
I can't believe you had to delete that picture. I don't even know what the heck it is???? I guess I can't post it and get mega bucks from another country???? Oh well. Really, that was going overboard on the security guards part. Some people let a little power go to their heads. Anyway so fun seeing your meet up with locodriver and A:) Glad J tried riding those rides.
Speaking of pin trading? OMGosh, my husband and I meant to get only a few so he could inlay them in a wooden bowl he was making for me. Well, we got Hooked and spent alot of time at kiosks buying many more than we needed. It's so addicting (and expensive:)
It was super embarrassing!!
Yes--it was a lot of fun meeting up with them!!
Yes--it can become very expensive. Those things aren't cheap!!
I finally got caught up with your last few updates! J was making out like a bandit with all the treats and Disney pins!!! I'm so glad he is enjoying pin trading and collecting at Disney as it's one of our favorite things to do. Of course, it's not the same during COVID but we still enjoy checking out the pin boards and occasionally find a winner pin each trip! Let me know some of J's favorite characters so I can be sure to surprise him with some pins when we meet up in October. 🥰 So fun that you got to meet up with Loco driver and his wife!!! Loved seeing a popcorn bucket reappear in your TR!🤣 So proud of J for riding POTC again and also finally giving SDD a go as I knew he would love it!!!
Hopefully he can experience it one day "the way it used to be".
Unveiling Bucky was hysterical!!
I'm so glad he started giving more things a chance also!!
Great photos!!! What fun to meet up!
It was a lot of fun & laughs!!
We got the same bucket (two actually) at that exact cart on our trip in November 2019 and without me even asking the CM there told me we could come get them refilled on any future trip. I'm surprised they do that though! I guess some novelty buckets aren't seasonal. Also, would I ever drag those buckets back to WDW from Canada? Fat chance! :hilarious:

I love how brave J has got on this trip! Thanks for sharing!
I'm sure most people don't want to drag them back & just ending up buying a new one!

He did get very brave. I'm happy for him that he did!!

Thanks for reading!! This is turning into the the slowest TR on record!!

riverside

Original Poster
Thanks for sharing a great report! Been a while since I was on WDWMAGIC.... since we are not allowed to travel to USA I don't wanna punish myself too much while reading all the reports :) But someday we will be back! :)
You're welcome!!
Bummer about not being able to travel. Fingers crossed that it happens sooner than later for you!!🤞
I'm so so sorry!😬
Not really!🤣
But I will lay the blame on Gary, he pulled those pins from his collection "to help J get started"!!
It's all good!!
He gave him a good start for sure!!
That is really sweet of Gary!!!
Yes it was!! Gary is a super nice guy!!

riverside

Original Poster
SATURDAY, APRIL 17TH

J wanted to go on Star Tours since he liked it so much on our prior trip.
IMG_0510.JPEG

We left E behind at Baseline. She gets motion sickness from rides like this. (So she says. I think she just wanted to hang out at Baseline longer:cautious:)
IMG_0511.JPEG

IMG_0512.JPEG

IMG_0513.JPEG

After that we met up to ride MMRR. Unpopular opinion, I'm sure, but the more I go on this the less of a fan I am.
IMG_0515.JPEG

J really likes it though!! Even though he cried his first time on it during the tornado scene.
IMG_0516.JPEG

IMG_0517.JPEG

I'm sorry but this part really annoys me.....
IMG_0518.JPEG

IMG_0520.JPEG

riverside

Original Poster
SATURDAY, APRIL 17TH

A.S.S. was up next!!
IMG_0521.JPEG

IMG_0522.JPEG

It was just J & myself. I didn't take notes but maybe it's possible that E went back to Baseline??🤣
IMG_0523.JPEG

Millennium Falcon had quite the wait but J really wanted to go on so the two of us got in line.
IMG_0524.JPEG

IMG_0525.JPEG

The line was so long that we were taken to a backstage area.
IMG_0526.JPEG

I know, I know. I broke the rules....
But, I was used to being hollered at after my adventure the day before at The GF so I figured I would be numb to getting yelled at again!!
IMG_0527.JPEG

After standing in the same spot for 20 minutes or so I told J that something had to be wrong & our wait would definitely end up being longer or maybe the ride was having difficulties. We decided to bail. He was disappointed but I told him there's always next time.
IMG_0528.JPEG

This made up for it though!! Round 2!!
IMG_0529.JPEG

We made our way to the front of the park to meet E.
IMG_0530.JPEG

riverside

Original Poster
SATURDAY, APRIL 17TH

The crowd level was actually kind of low that day. It was a bummer to leave but we had dinner reservations to get to!
IMG_0531.JPEG

Via the Skyliner!!
IMG_0532.JPEG

Whatever he was doing it looks like E was not very amused!!
IMG_0533.JPEG

IMG_0534.JPEG

I've never stayed there but I always enjoy looking at Caribbean Beach from up above. Looks like a fun place to stay although I've heard more negative than positive about it.
IMG_0536.JPEG

Almost complete now!!
IMG_0537.JPEG

IMG_0542.JPEG

Into Epcot we went!! Yes, it was Flower & Garden then. I can't believe how long it's taken me with this TR:banghead:
IMG_0544.JPEG

I thought this looked so pretty!!
IMG_0545.JPEG

Unlike this.....
IMG_0546.JPEG

riverside

Original Poster
SATURDAY, APRIL 17TH

A cavalcade was coming through when we first got in.
IMG_0551.JPEG

Has anyone used this particular type of card reader there(they're definitely in Japan)? It's the worst. The keypad buttons are super narrow & tiny.
IMG_0553.JPEG

Sit down for this one......we didn't make a stop at Rose & Crowno_O The line was super long to get in so we bypassed it this trip. I know, who are we?? We obviously stopped somewhere but between the fact that I took horrible notes for this trip & that this trip was 5 months ago I can't remember where we went. I promise I took great notes for our July trip though!!
IMG_0554.JPEG

We spent some time in Germany watching the trains.
IMG_0555.JPEG

IMG_0557.JPEG

IMG_0558.JPEG

We still had some time before dinner so we continued around WS.
IMG_0560.JPEG

Then headed to FW for a bit.
IMG_0562.JPEG

IMG_0563.JPEG

riverside

Original Poster
SATURDAY, APRIL 17TH

Since it was E's birthday I had told her to pick where she wanted to eat dinner at. She wanted to eat here for one reason only.
IMG_0576.JPEG

IMG_0577.PNG

IMG_0578.PNG

I had the El Diablo margarita. It is really good!!
IMG_0579.JPEG

IMG_0580.JPEG

J had quesadillas which he really liked.
IMG_0581.JPEG

I had the Camarones A La Diabla. It was very good!! We're eating there next month & I just might have to get this again!!
IMG_0582.JPEG

And the reason the birthday girl wanted to travel to Mexico!!
The caesar salad with shrimp!! She eats these salads everywhere, I swear. But she says they have the best one she's ever had!!
IMG_0583.JPEG

We had time for one last ride after dinner. We actually talked J into revisiting Frozen after all these years of him boycotting it!!
IMG_0587.JPEG

It's hard to see but he was clinging onto me for dear life. But again, he loved it!! I swear E was on the ride even though it looks like she somehow didn't make the picture!!
IMG_0693.JPG

riverside

Original Poster
SATURDAY, APRIL 17TH

At this point it was time for us to head back to OKW. Even on vacation E still likes to keep J on somewhat of a schedule since he's in school.
IMG_0591.JPEG

I don't know why I feel compelled to take pics of the walls....
IMG_0593.JPEG

We stopped for a few PP pics on the way out. Guess we won't be doing that much longer b/c there is no way I'm paying $99.00 for that!!
IMG_0599.JPG

IMG_0601.JPG

IMG_0603.JPG

IMG_0692.JPG

IMG_0594.JPEG

IMG_0595.JPEG

It might sound crazy but I was thrilled to see this!! That former gate was just too small & well, strange in it's own way.
IMG_0596.JPEG

Of course we made sure to check to see what our bus stop was🤣🤣🤣
IMG_0597.JPEG

riverside

Original Poster
SUNDAY, APRIL 18TH

We were up early b/c E wanted to go to MK on her birthday!!
We had asked for more coffee the night before b/c we were out & this is what they sent us!!
IMG_0607.JPEG

@MickeyCB this one's for you(& Gary)!!
IMG_0609.JPEG

@Tuvalu, J may not have ate the dryer lint but he found another use for it!!
IMG_0610.JPEG

Football!!
IMG_0611.JPEG

We checked our bags with bell services & headed to MK b/c we only had a few hours to be able to spend there.
IMG_0614.JPEG

First ride of the day!!
IMG_0615.JPEG

IMG_0616.JPEG

J really loves the wildest ride in the wilderness so we went there next!!
IMG_0617.JPEG

IMG_0618.JPEG

IMG_7942.JPEG

lindawdw

So glad that J got to ride SDD again on this trip although it was a bummer he didn't get to ride GE. I really love riding the Skyliner even if it's just to take a break during the day. You all really accomplished a lot on E's birthday. We love the atmosphere at San Angel Inn but we prefer the food at La Hacienda de San Angel. So glad you got back to writing this TR. I've missed you on the boards. 🥰 There's nothing like walking through the gates of MK in the early AM!

riverside

Original Poster
SUNDAY, APRIL 18TH

Waits were still very reasonable so we knew we had time for a few more attractions.
IMG_0695.JPG

IMG_0697.JPG

E really wanted to watch Philharmagic so we decided we would watch that then leave the park.
IMG_0637.JPEG

We weren't there long but we managed to get a lot done!!
IMG_0641.JPEG

We stopped for some pics on the way out.
IMG_0648.JPG

IMG_0649.JPG

IMG_0651.JPG

And out we went!!
IMG_0642.JPEG

One last glance:cry:
IMG_0643.JPEG

We had to wait quite awhile for a bus. E & I were starting to get nervous. J pipes up with, "We never should have went to Philharmagic. It took up too much time":jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop: That's right J, you know more about Disney than we do!!
IMG_0645.JPEG

riverside

Original Poster
SUNDAY, APRIL 18TH

We caught a glimpse of "home" on the way back to OKW!!
IMG_0653.JPEG

We had a drink to celebrate the birthday girl!!
IMG_0662.JPEG

IMG_0655.JPEG

We both got the Turtle Krawl. Very good!!
IMG_0656.JPEG

We got some lunch also.
IMG_0654.JPEG

These nachos were AMAZING!!! I highly recommend them!!
IMG_0657.JPEG

J got some type of kids meal.
IMG_0658.JPEG

E got a tuna salad sandwich.
IMG_0659.JPEG

We enjoyed sitting outside but it didn't look like it would be nice for long.
IMG_0661.JPEG

Unfortunately, it was time for us to leave though!!
IMG_0663.JPEG

riverside

Original Poster
SUNDAY, APRIL 18TH

I was sad to be leaving OKW. Seriously, friends, if you haven't checked out this resort you should!! We thoroughly enjoyed it there. When we got back I immediately tried to reserve it for our October trip but unfortunately it was not available.
IMG_0664.JPEG

While waiting for the TE I got this text....
IMG_0674.PNG

This didn't sit well with us. As I'm sure you've noticed we always fly Southwest. For that particular day they had 2 nonstop flights to Pittsburgh. One super early & one super late. For the heck of it I looked into Spirit & they had a 4:00 flight. We had both heard not so good things about that airline but since the time much better we went with it. Let me just say(& not b/c of what was going on with them last month)never again........lesson learned.

I really hope to stay here again soon!!
IMG_0675.JPEG

We made a stop at AoA.
IMG_0676.JPEG

IMG_0677.JPEG

And this was the Spirit check in line!! It was an absolute, complete nightmare!!
IMG_0682.JPEG

It took FOREVER to get through this line & I could see why. There was only a few people working & frankly, it seemed like they didn't know what they were doing!!
IMG_0683.JPEG

IMG_0684.JPEG

And this is what it looked like at the gate!! It looked like a mob scene & it was almost intimidating if that makes sense.
IMG_0687.JPEG

The flight home was uneventful & we made it back so that's all that counts!! A sincere thank you to all of you who have stuck with me. It has taken me way too long to do this. It might sound odd but I was not happy with myself for the length of time that this has taken. I feel like it starts to become "stale" if it takes me too long. Fingers crossed that my next one won't be as slow🤞🤞🤞
Thanks again everyone!!

This showed up the day after we got back!!
IMG_0691.JPG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom