I know Im not the only "oldie" that still loves Disney..so....

wendysue

OLDIE? Madam, we are 59 (both of us)... I reject the term :). We'll grow up when we are good and ready :).

Been going to WDW twice per year since we were married in 2004... and every time, we stay in the WL area that our Honeymoon Mousekeeper cares for :). Were already booked for May 10 and November 8 :).

Wow...we too have been going to WDW twice per year since we were married in 2004. :) We can only go once this year, in Sept.-Oct., but are really looking forward to it!
Until I saw this thread, I forgot we are in our fifties..OMG, who is that person in the mirror???? I think these vacations actually keep us younger. Cannot imgine not having them to look forward to. :wave:

bjlc57

I am 54 and coming since the park opened.. I do find it amazing how many posters here have not been coming since opening day..

how actual few.. most seem to start in the 90's.. and while that's some time ago..

there was so much different way back when..

just the ticket and ticket pricing alone..

by the way.. who ever would have thought to charge you to park your car, even though they are charging you to come into the park..

meaning shouldn't just giving Disney your enterance fair been enough to pay?

what did your car get to do all day? nothing? just sit there.. not having any fun..

just food for thought..

back then.. it was all... "FREE PARKING".. come and see what we got..

Tiggerfanatic

I am also 53, and grew up watching the Wonddrful World of Disney. As kids we knew Disney World existed, but never in my wildest dreams did I ever imagine being able to afford to go there.

Fast forward to 1992 - I was 34, hubby 35 and daughter was 3. I actually hit a ticket at work, and that $1400 paid for a week at the Poly, tickets and food for the 3 of us and my best friend, who is just as gaga over Mickey as I am. That was our first trip and I've been hooked ever since. I always said I was sorry we waited until we had children to go. We made one more trip as a family, but hubby isn't really a fan, so it's been me and my daughter ever since. As a matter of fact, she and her boyfriend are there right now - a Christmas present from us. I've even done a solo trip.

EvilQueen-T

ok, i guess i'll chime in too...i'm turning 44 next week and have been going to wdw since our 1st trip in october 1972 for my sisters 2nd birthday. i've been so many times since then that i truly don't have a count but my last trip was for my (same) sisters 40th birthday. it always seems to work out that way but i think it's mainly that her bday is during value cool weather season lol. my husband (who i think was born a grown up) had never been to wdw until the early 90s and he thought it was just for parents with young kids...then in 07 i got him to take a trip with just the two of us (our youngest was a senior in hs by then)...and we did a 2nd honeymoon kind of thing and now he's FINALLY as disney crazy as i am.

Nemo14

We're in the 55 and over category, and have been going every year since 1987. We've actually been 4 times since September and are trying to squeeze in an April-May trip. :sohappy:
Our daughter is getting married in July and we couldn't be happier since she's marrying into a Disneyfreak family! :D

WTBAD

I'll be 59 in June. We've been at WDW every year for my birthday since 1999. We've gone two to four times a year since 2003. Our kids have a hard time keeping up with the wife & I. This will be the first year since 99 we haven't been at the World on my birthday & Father's Day. We're going just a little earlier this year. Couldn't wait, this will be our first grandchild's first visit at 9 mos of age. Starting her off early.
My plan is to retire to Orlando & get a part-time job at WDW so I can be there everyday.

ABDisneyKID

I'm 53 my first trip was in 1999 I didn't want to go. Once I got there I was captured by the "MAGIC". I have been there 5 times since.
I retired last year, I took two of my grand daughters, just me and them, we had a terrific time. I want to go again soon, I can't find any one to go with. So I am thinking of going by myself.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom