Trip Report I know every mile will be worth my while! (A Princess 5K trip report)

Somehow I knew this TR title would reference a song from a Disney movie. I'm a singer after all, and the Disney Renaissance was basically my childhood. A few titles I considered relating to the theme included:

"It's funny how some distance makes everything seem small"
"If I go there's just no telling how far I'll go"
"Come run the hidden pine trails of the forest"
"There ain't nothing gonna stop me now cause I'm almost there"
"We must be swift as a coursing river"

But I went with Hercules for several reasons, not only because I relate to the themes of the song, but because it kept popping up during the trip.

In case you missed my PTR, visit A first, a second, and a third.

Otherwise, continue reading for a journey full of family, fun, and OF COURSE food!

Last edited:

Tiggertoo56

Sorry got behind on this report - CONGRATULATIONS - I hope you're able to post a little excerpt of you singing again from the show! Hope the planning for May is coming together too.

My DS got me these a couple of weeks ago and I automatically thought off you. Photo may not be too good so apologies.

20180419_212856.jpg

dizfan917

HOOOORAY!!

HUNCHBACK is such a gorgeous show! That was the show we closed the day before our WDW trip last November. Kevin played Phoebus! It was an amazing experience for the entire company. The cast was so moved by it, they were all sniffling into their mics at the conclusion of our last show. There wasn't a dry eye on stage.

I hope you have a blast with it!!

Olim!

MinnieM123

Premium Member
The musical I am doing this summer is...

Drumroll please...

The Hunchback of Notre Dame!

Hunchback has not only a traditional singing-and-dancing ensemble, but also a choir that sings lots of difficult, loud, sustained, high passages. The choir is a perfect role for a singer like me who has an operatic voice and wants to get a bit of experience on the musical theatre stage.

To get an idea of the type of music I'll be singing, listen to this number from the 2015 cast recording:

Hear all the ominous "ah-ah-ah"s and creepy Latin mass text? That's gonna be me!

Wow! This is really exciting for you! Talk about being chosen to sing in a major production--that's celebrity level!! (P.S.: Don't forget all us little people when you become rich and famous . . . ;) )

fractal

Drumroll please...

Hunchback has not only a traditional singing-and-dancing ensemble, but also a choir that sings lots of difficult, loud, sustained, high passages. The choir is a perfect role for a singer like me who has an operatic voice and wants to get a bit of experience on the musical theatre stage.

To get an idea of the type of music I'll be singing, listen to this number from the 2015 cast recording:

Hear all the ominous "ah-ah-ah"s and creepy Latin mass text? That's gonna be me!

Congrats!

bee

Original Poster
CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! When, where????????????? only if you don't mind
Thank you!

Sorry got behind on this report - CONGRATULATIONS - I hope you're able to post a little excerpt of you singing again from the show! Hope the planning for May is coming together too.

My DS got me these a couple of weeks ago and I automatically thought off you. Photo may not be too good so apologies.

View attachment 279101
Thank you! Ahhhh so cute!!

I couldn’t BEE any more excited for you! 😊
Thank you! :D

HOOOORAY!!

HUNCHBACK is such a gorgeous show! That was the show we closed the day before our WDW trip last November. Kevin played Phoebus! It was an amazing experience for the entire company. The cast was so moved by it, they were all sniffling into their mics at the conclusion of our last show. There wasn't a dry eye on stage.

I hope you have a blast with it!!

Olim!
Thank you! I thought of you when I was in the audition process because I remembered you had done this show recently!

Congrats!!! So exciting! From the trip to the show and the opera. WOW! You kind of make me wonder what my life would have been like had I continued in music. Best wishes with everything!
Thank you! It's a crazy life, to be sure!

Wow! This is really exciting for you! Talk about being chosen to sing in a major production--that's celebrity level!! (P.S.: Don't forget all us little people when you become rich and famous . . . ;) )
Thank you! I could NEVER forget my WDWMagic friends!

Congratulations @bee!! I’m so excited for you!!
Thank you!

So cool! Congrats on your part!
Thank you!

Congratulations! Super excited for you! Sounds like it will be a great experience for you!
Thank you!

That's fantastic @bee !! Congratulations!!
Thank you!

Congrats!
Thank you!

joshsprincess921

What a wonderful trip report!! I just now got around to it today, but was so happy to have the entire thing to read through!
I'm not a vegetarian, but your food pics looked AMAZING! I seriously want to try some of those dishes!
And congrats on scoring the role! Looking forward to hearing more abt your next trip!

amjt660

Premium Member
It has been awhile for me on this TR so:

1) Great report as always - you got lucky with. Bus service- our last stay at Coronado was not as efficient

2) glad you are on the mend - sometimes in life we fall but then get up . Dust ourselves off and make the best of a bad situation

3) the hunchback gig sounds amazing - glad you have received this great opportunity- karma comes around eventually and you and M deserve this

Max

bee

Original Poster
Been very delinquent, just got caught up, soooo many overdue congrats !
Thank you!

What a wonderful trip report!! I just now got around to it today, but was so happy to have the entire thing to read through!
I'm not a vegetarian, but your food pics looked AMAZING! I seriously want to try some of those dishes!
And congrats on scoring the role! Looking forward to hearing more abt your next trip!
Thank you! Disney does a great job with vegetarian food (for the most part)! Glad you enjoyed the report.

It has been awhile for me on this TR so:

1) Great report as always - you got lucky with. Bus service- our last stay at Coronado was not as efficient

2) glad you are on the mend - sometimes in life we fall but then get up . Dust ourselves off and make the best of a bad situation

3) the hunchback gig sounds amazing - glad you have received this great opportunity- karma comes around eventually and you and M deserve this

Max
Thank you! I'm very happy to be on the mend and progressing every day! And I am super excited to be in my first musical since HIGH SCHOOL!

Congrats!
Thank you!

And I am now super happy to announce I was officially accepted to the opera program and I'll be singing the role of Fiordiligi in Mozart's Così fan tutte.

For an idea of what the role is like, here's a video of the end of Fiordiligi's first aria (solo), "Come scoglio." It's a weird story, but basically these two guys try to trick their fiancées (who are sisters) into cheating on them by pretending to be other men entirely and seducing each other's fiancée. My character is one of the two sisters and when the "strangers" visit them unannounced she is basically like "GTFO of our house and leave us alone, you jerks."

Zipadeelady

Drumroll please...

WHAT!!! GET OUT!!

So excited for you! I can't wait to hear about your experience. I hope you post later this summer about it!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom