I just saw treasure planet

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Original Poster
it's a more mainstream Atlantis... that's all I'm gonna say,

Toonfinder

Dunno why people are not into the Atlantis film... I personally enjoyed it for the animation aspect. the story was a bit contrived and boring after a while... and after seeing what they originally were going to do in the film, I'm really depressed over the changes that were made. But that's another thread for another time...

So far just off of the various clips I've seen myself, this thing is going to be a really nice movie. It won't compare to Harry Potter... but what movie can that's being released in November? LotR is released in December isn't it?
The still shots are equally amazing... the fusion between CG and hand-drawn within one character is flawless, and I've gone over many of those images with a fine-toothed comb looking for anything. I might have to try to secure some other clips to see if I might be able to see the motion of the two styles combined.

And the sky-surfing (or whatever they're going to call it) looks to be nicely done. It was getting the wife woozy just watching the trailer at the beginning of the Monsters Inc dvd...

Fido

I watched Atlantis when it came out in the theater. I liked it for what it was, despite the similarities to Castle in the Sky. Whether they ripped CITS off or not, I still liked the look of Atlantis (and this is coming from a Miyazaki fan). Is anyone here old enough to remember Bluth's Space Ace game? I was wondering if TP had that same kind of look..you don't see too many american made animation features that have a space setting (I haven't seen Titan AE).

BTW, I think The Two Towers comes out Dec 18. I'm looking forward to that more than anything else.

WDWspider

I must regretfully say, this is one of the first Disney Cartoons in a looooong time, that I care nothing about seeing. I will buy it merely for collection purpose. THe last one I cared this little about was Oliver & Co. Maybe I will be surprised later.

BTW, everyone knows a sequel to Atlantis is coming right?

MKCustodial

My only problem with Atlanti is that it has too many characters and too little time to develop them. So you end up having an all out battle that you care nothing about because you don't KNOW those people. I mean, come on, half of the journey is made in slide shots or something like that...

NowInc

I havnt seen it since it was still about only 80% complete..so im curious to see the final product myself...but from what I saw..its breathtakingly beutiful...

HOWEVER...so was atlantis..so yeah..

Tigggrl

I personally LOVED Atlantis! What they did with the animation was wonderful, and I enjoy watching it...I am looking forward to Treasure Planet too....Im planning on seeing it before the CM previews as well....
But then again, I also liked what they did with Dinosaur as far as the over all look of the film, but I dont own it:(

Toonfinder

Originally posted by MKCustodial
My only problem with Atlanti is that it has too many characters and too little time to develop them. So you end up having an all out battle that you care nothing about because you don't KNOW those people. I mean, come on, half of the journey is made in slide shots or something like that...

And here was the problem with the version we all ended up seeing in the theatres. Not enough time to develop the characters. I recall Jim Hill recently rehashing some stuff about this movie over on his site. And a lot of it you are able to see if you got the Collectors Edition... at least, where they were planning on going originally.

I would love to see more on what was planned for this movie... that is before some exec's thought it to be too dark of a film. *SIGH*

MKCustodial

Well, personally it doesn't matter to me how pretty a movie is, I wanna know if it's entertaining. Like Tig said, Dinosaur was beautiful. Good flick? Hardly...

CDS Disney

I think Disney is pushing these movies too fast I remember when they came out every 2 or 3 years now you see 2 or 3 every year.
LOW QUALITY!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom