I just have to share this...

Helenr

This might not be the right section to post this - if not sorry.

Anyway some of you guys may have read my post on how much I was missing WDW and Orlando in general, as we weren't having a holiday this year. Anyway by wonderful DH said don't worry about the cost -we'll find the money - go and book a trip. So I did!!!

We are flying 11/9 for 15 nights. Were going to stay offsite in a villa (unless you guys know how I can get a hotel onsite or in LBV for about $1400!).

It will more than likely be out last trip for a few years (as were hoping to come back with a 'little souvenir' of our own - if you get my drift). So we will do all our favourite things and those bits we have missed out in the past few years.

I have a few ideas on how to make it 'special' but thought I'd ask you guys what special and out of the ordinary things I could consider.

As always - thanks :sohappy:

Gucci65

:sohappy: I'm happy that you will be able to go this year :sohappy:

I'm jealous actually, I can't go this year - my vacation fund was depleted by replacing my heat and a/c system.

Hmmm - you will be in WDW for the food and wine festival - make sure to check that out. Don't know if Osborne Lights will be up and running by then.
You could probably check out allearsnet.com to see what kinds of events will be happening during your vacation.

Have fun and good luck with that souvenier!!

Upvote 0

Ciciwoowoo

:) Fantastic news!

How much does it cost to rent DVC points? That might be an alternative...

Gosh, its hard to think of something out of the ordinary. I think the Christmas decorations will be up by the time you go, so that should be fun to look at!

And... I couldn't think of a better place to bring a "souvenir" home from! :)

I do think if its a boy, the middle name should be Walt, and a girl should be Lilly.

(The souvenir, I mean :eek: )

Upvote 0

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
My favorite quote from the Adventurer's Club when they catch people making out: "Disney is a place to BRING your family...not MAKE your family!!"

Gotta love the Adv Club!

Upvote 0

durangojim

I can totally understand what you are talking about. My wife and I came back with our own "souvenir" after staying at the Wilderness Lodge during Christmas 04 and New Years 05. Our "souvenir" is now 13 months old and he's been to Disney World 4 times. My biggest bit of advice is try to take it easy. You have lots of time so don't rush around to try to cram everything in in just a couple of days. Also try to spend some romantic time together. Thoughts are: Strolls around Epcot after dark, afternoon tea at the Grand Floridian, dinner to coincide with the fireworks at the Contemporary resort, a night time Wishes cruise to watch the fireworks. Also, don't focus on trying to come back with a "souvenir" just enjoy yourselves and let the Disney magic happen. By the way though, it helps if you practice getting a souvenir every day while you're there, although you might get a little sore:lol:

Upvote 0

natalia1681

Have you booked your package yet? If not, I would call and try to book with Disney. Sometimes the value resorts are very affordable, depending on the time of year you arrive. I think that there are some pretty good packages available, not sure about their availability right now. Here is what I found on Mousesavers.com

Disney Special Dreams Offer

For check-ins 11/1/06-12/23/06 you can get a special discount on a Magic Your Way vacation package. 11/19/06-11/23/06 and 12/2/06-12/8/06 may be excluded from this offer. Some hotels may have limited or no availability for certain dates.​
Prices start at $369 per adult based on double occupancy at a select Disney value resort in standard room, for a 5-night/6-day package. Prices for the same package start at $217 per Junior (ages 10-17), $176 per child (ages 3-9) when they stay in a room with two adults.​
The discount can be applied to a regular Magic Your Way vacation package or to a Magic Your Way Package Plus Dining.​
This package offer covers some of the same dates as the previous "Season of Dreams Package" offer and offers similar rates. However, in a few cases it seems rooms at certain hotels have been opened up for discounting that were not available with the previous offer.​
You must book by 10/31/06. Requires a 3-night minimum stay. The number of rooms allocated for this offer is limited. Tickets must be used within 14 days of first use unless you add the No Expiration option for an extra cost. No group rates or other discounts apply.​
Thanks to Small World Vacations for info.

Maybe that'll help you! I hope that you enjoy your trip!:wave:

Upvote 0

metscool

My favorite quote from the Adventurer's Club when they catch people making out: "Disney is a place to BRING your family...not MAKE your family!!"

Gotta love the Adv Club!
I finally know where your avatar is. Member here of the Adventurer's Club. Last week I saw the British guy there and he was not working that night.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom