I Just Got My Acceptance Letter!

CaptainMichael

Original Poster
I've been accepted for Fall '07 and have been assigned to Transportation.:sohappy:

I requested Monorail Pilot. What are the chances that's what I got?

Figment82

I think you actually have a pretty good chance. I knew two people who were monorail pilots during their college program. One lived in the apartment above mine, and told us that during his interview the only thing he wanted to do was drive the monorail - and that's what he got!

It all depends on the openings available. I would love to be trained, but being in merchandise it's not the easiest transistion. Plus I'm only seasonal now, so there's no way... One day maybe!

Good luck to you!

CaptainMichael

Original Poster
I think you actually have a pretty good chance. I knew two people who were monorail pilots during their college program. One lived in the apartment above mine, and told us that during his interview the only thing he wanted to do was drive the monorail - and that's what he got!

It all depends on the openings available. I would love to be trained, but being in merchandise it's not the easiest transistion. Plus I'm only seasonal now, so there's no way... One day maybe!

Good luck to you!

Thanks, I hope I get Monorail. I'd be happy with the Ferry, but mainly, I want the Monorail. My recruiter used to manage the monorail, and I was really passionate about wanting the monorail in my interview. Hopefully, it all works out.

I didn't really want to do the Fall at first, but the more I think about it, the more exciting it seems. It's just tough giving up football, hunting, and Christmas at home.

The weather should be delightful, I get to experience the Pirates and Princess Party, Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween, Food and Wine Festival, Christmas in Disney, Mickey's Very Merry Christmas, New Years, etc. I'm should have a blast! I'll just have to watch football games at the ESPN Club I guess.

SpongeScott

Michael, congratulations! I hope you do get the monorail so that I can be green with envy. That would be my Disney dream job.

You'll probably be stuck on the back of a tram. :lol:

Courtney488

Ooh lucky....I told him transportation was my top pick and then operations, but he only asked me questions about Operations and that's what I ended up getting. I was kicking myself afterwards for not explaining how badly I wanted transportation (specifically monorail, like you).

Dang..looks like I'll have to do another CP at some point and get into transportation that time! lol

Figment82

Fall at WDW is the best time! The crowds die down in late August-October and the weather isn't as intense. F&W is amazing - try something from each booth. :slurp: And MNSSHP and MVMCP are lots of fun.

Being away from home on Thanksgiving and Christmas was hard at first, but you create a second family with the people you work with and hang out with, so it's not so bad. I actually had Christmas Eve and Christmas Day off (how I managed that I'll never know) and went around with a friend of mine and we ended up riding all 12 monorails in one day. We were also able to catch the Candlelight Procession as it was raining so the crowds were almost non-existant. It was some of the most fun I've ever had! And don't get me started on the craziness that is New Years!

Have fun! The CP was the best 7 months of my life. :)

joanna71985

Congrats. My CPs were the best 2- 8 month times of my life. I did merchandise my first one, and character attendant my second one. I actually will be back in a month and a half to work for the summer. So congrats, and maybe I will see you down there.

DOTTY_Kn

I also got my acceptance letter as an Operation Cast Member on the international college program from 5/20/07 to 1/4/08:sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom