I just got back!

I just pulled into the driveway about 2 hours ago after a very long 2 days drive home. The traffic was bad! Anyway! The trip was great except for a few small things:

We got to WDW at 2:30pm and checked into the All Star Music. A room was ready. I told her that another guest of mine was coming a day late and she said that was fine and told me that everything would be $1350. I told her: "Ummmm NO! I had already prepaid everything before I came" "Ok" she syas everything is paid." So she proceeds to assign us two rooms (1 adult in 1 and 2 adults in another) - this was wrong - we were all suppose to be in one room. And then with a click on a button magically we're all in one room again. Forgive me for saying this but Disney really should have people who speak fluent English working check-in. She was so bad with her English that I could no understand a word she was saying. She told us room 3543 and in building #5. We drive to building 5 and lug all of our stuff ( we truly looked like tourists) to building 5 and I look at the sign on the building and all of the rooms start with the number 5. I asked a CM and he gave a funny look and told me that I was in building 3. We got into the Rock & Roll building second floor. I requested 3 floor either broadway or jazz. I didn't get either but I realize we don't always get what we ask for. Needless to say - Mark was not have a good Disney moment. I vented to the wife for about 1/2 hour and as soon as I saw Spaceship Earth, everything was better.

We had a very late lunch at EPCOT and then rushed over to the Boardwalk to have our DVC tour. We had already bought but never had the tour. I think the tour was the best part of the trip.

Then the next few days were our adventures into the parks.

Here's some observations:
EPCOT: Great! Mission: SPACE was awesome. My stomach didn't feel right for the rest of the day (perhaps it was hunger pains) but it was great> The wife hated it! She was white as a ghost when she got off. She's not doing it again. Illuminations was awesome as usual. We saw it 3 times. I'm so glad that they are still playing PROMISE after the show and TAPESTRY OF NATIONS as you walk out of the park. Nice touch!

Magic Kingdom: We took advantage of the Early Hour so we were able to finish the park in one day. Everything was great> Here's what I noticed in some attractions:

POTC: The pirate that is talking to the cat: His head was totally turned around on his body when we went through. The back of his head was where his face was supposed to be. We went back later on in the day and the head was turned the correct way but nothing was working on it (eyes, mouth, etc)

SPLASH MOUNTAIN: When you enter the laughing place I noticed two things. 1. There's a turtle laughing on your right and he's floating on a column of water - his whole belly was missing so the water was shooting right through him and 2. the shoots of water that shoot abover your log as you go through wasn't working. AFTERTHOUGHT: I wish they would do something to the handgrips in the logs so your hands don't smell like rotten milk after riding it! :)

ANIMAL KINGDOM & MGM: Very very crowded! That's all I have to say.

WE also got stuck in a tornado watch and we were stuck at EPCOT. They shut the electricity down to the monorail beam at EPCOT so nothing was running and with the tornado watch the busses weren't even running. They got the beam running and took us the the TTC and told us that their beam to the MK wasn't running so we had to take the ferry or a bus. We waited for the bus for about 30 minutes and then they finally told us that there is no bus to the TTC. ARGH! Off to the ferry we go and which ferry did we get? The haunted one!

Besides those little things it was a great trip! When I came home my confirmation for next years' trip was on my kitchen table! YEAH!

Talk to you all soon!
Mark

Blizz

I am glad that it all worked out later.

I agree Broadway is a fun area of the Music resort.

Yeah, Mission: Space was great and I loved it, but my mom didnt because she got sick but me and my friend lauren loved it.

Who was your DVC guide? We had Scot. He was very nice and helpful. i think my family might join next year.

Originally posted by marksniles

SPLASH MOUNTAIN: When you enter the laughing place I noticed two things. 1. There's a turtle laughing on your right and he's floating on a column of water - his whole belly was missing so the water was shooting right through him and 2. the shoots of water that shoot abover your log as you go through wasn't working. AFTERTHOUGHT: I wish they would do something to the handgrips in the logs so your hands don't smell like rotten milk after riding it! :)

ANIMAL KINGDOM & MGM: Very very crowded! That's all I have to say.

I noticed the same thing about the turtle!

and....my fiance said the exact same thing about the rotten milk smell....we did not hold on at all! Some of the Kali River rafts are really bad with mildew. I mean the entire seats are black and green on some rafts!

marksniles

Original Poster
Judy was our Tour Guide. She's sooooo nice! I think the best part of the tour was the Storybook room. That was the best. If you buy let me know and if you have any question I think I can help. I have a great computer program I got off the internet that helps you understand the points!

Later,
Mark

Blizz

Originally posted by marksniles
Judy was our Tour Guide. She's sooooo nice! I think the best part of the tour was the Storybook room. That was the best. If you buy let me know and if you have any question I think I can help. I have a great computer program I got off the internet that helps you understand the points!

Later,
Mark

If you still have the site for the program let me know. I am trying everythign to talk my parents into it.

I wish i could get the program that they use.

I think the coolest part of the storybook room is the model of the Beach Club and the portrait on the wall that is the movie of Saratoga Springs.

We also liked the lemonade and cookies since we had just ran from China in Epcot after our Undiscovered Future World tour and were tired. They are all so nice in there.

DisneyPhD

Cool that you joined DVC but why stay at All Stars was it the 7 for 4 nights deal?

We were at Old Key West on Monday when all the transportation was shut down (although we didn't know it). Fortunately we had a car that we took to make our reservation at Grand Floridian for dinner. We knew it would have taken forever to get there even in good weather using Disney Transport. It's ok to get from hotel to the parks but not from one hotel to another.

marksniles

Original Poster
yes we had already booked this years vacation before we bought the DVC in July so we sold back this years' points for $10 each. Plus 7 nights for the price of 4 is a heck of a bargin!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom