I just got a call from the "Disney Executive Offices" regarding the AC

Buried20KLeague

Original Poster
Well, the title pretty much says it all.

I just got a call from someone within the "Disney Executive Offices". I sent a couple e-mails regarding the AC, and being unhappy with its closure. I tried to be constructive and overall positive, and at the end I put my phone number and told them to feel free to call should they feel the need.

ANYWAY... He started with the canned response. "This came after much research... Customer surveys... Shopping and dining... Blah blah blah."

So then I kinda interrupted him, and said something about how the AC was a concept unique to Disney, and something that you don't see anywhere else, and that I couldn't be one of only a few to complain... There had to be many more like me. Then he seemed to break from the script a bit. He said that I wasn't alone at all, and that they've gotten "many many more letters and e-mails than they had anticipated" regarding the AC closure. I told him that I didn't really care about the rest of PI, my concern was for the AC alone, and asked him if that was the consensus of the other letters as well, and he said it was. He said there were few complaints about removal of PI as a whole.

Then he said that the "executives" were well aware of the response this decision about the AC has brought. Then he said something at least a LITTLE interesting... He said that "at this time, this is the decision that has been made", and that "should there be any changes to the closure, it will be announced in the future".

Then at the end of the conversation I said that if the AC did have to close, I would hope that they could impliment a similar idea somewhere on property and he said he would note that.

So there you have it. There was more to the conversation than that, but I won't bore you with all the details. I've listed the juicy bits.

I really still don't believe that anything will change... But it's obvious that the letters and e-mails are at LEAST causing them more work, which is a good thing... And it's obvious it's at least on their radar. :shrug:

Just thought I'd let you guys know.

KUNGALOOSH!

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Thanks for sharing that.
Interesting indeed...while I agree that chances are slim that they will reevaluate any of it....who knows....maybe they can rethink that AC will not negatively impact another local restaurant and ten more souvineer shops....

Hope is a good thing! :eek:

dazzer68

cant they stick a shop on the way out, then everyone would be happy! customers still get the ac and disney get the $ from the shop! perhaps they need to do some market research on it first tho.

raven

At first I was thinking: Ac = Air Conditioning? How is AC unique to Disney? :veryconfu

But I realized I had to read the entire OP's post to the end until I found out what "AC" stood for.

Scar

Boy, as much as I hate most of Kevin Yee's articles, he hit the nail on the head in regards to AC:

http://miceage.micechat.com/kevinyee/ky070308b.htm

You either got it, or you didn't. I'm sure it was a hefty price for WDW to pay for "you got it".

I went a couple of times and thought it was ok, nothing spectatcular but nothing bad either. If they can resurrect it somewhere else, great. But, IMHO, it isn't going to drive people away from WDW either. If someone was ONLY going to PI for AC, that probably wasn't helping the bottom line anyways.

wdwfan22

Boy, as much as I hate most of Kevin Yee's articles, he hit the nail on the head in regards to AC:

http://miceage.micechat.com/kevinyee/ky070308b.htm

You either got it, or you didn't. I'm sure it was a hefty price for WDW to pay for "you got it".

I went a couple of times and thought it was ok, nothing spectatcular but nothing bad either. If they can resurrect it somewhere else, great. But, IMHO, it isn't going to drive people away from WDW either. If someone was ONLY going to PI for AC, that probably wasn't helping the bottom line anyways.

I also went a couple of times and thought it was okay and fun, but nothing to write home about. Maybe they can find away to place it somewhere else on property if the demand is that high.

CaptainMichael

Well, I'm glad you actually got someone on the phone. I'm gonna write my letters this weekend and send them on Monday. My strategy is for them to get my letters after the initial flood has stopped.

I'm encouraged by your post.

dixiegirl

At first I was thinking: Ac = Air Conditioning? How is AC unique to Disney? :veryconfu

But I realized I had to read the entire OP's post to the end until I found out what "AC" stood for.

LOL!!! I thought I was the only one who thought that too!!!

Buried20KLeague

Original Poster

Sorry! With the "hot topic" the AC has been over the past week, I figured it was understood. :lol: I guess it would have helped to type it out fully at SOME point during the post.

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
It's good that they did a little homework and figured it out! :eek:

That question probably would have been met with some less than friendly comments by some of the crankier among us....:lookaroun :rolleyes:

Thiger

I just received a response to the letter I sent asking for the sparing of the AC:

"Dear Thiger,

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World Resort.

We recognize that the closing of the Adventurer's Club will disappoint
Guests who have come to enjoy the unique entertainment that has been
offered over the years. With that in mind, please know a tremendous
amount of thought went into the decision as we bring the new vision for
Downtown Disney to life. As we look to the future, we are excited about
the evolution that will occur over the next two years, introducing a
brand new mix of shopping, dining and other experiences for our Guests'
enjoyment.

Our Guests' feedback, as well as their continued enthusiasm for our
products and services, are very important to us. We genuinely
appreciate the time you took to share your thoughts with us.

Sincerely,

Walt Disney World Resort"

--There you have it, while I feel a bit let down, if we all send a letter/email, we may make a difference. I believe in Marketing land, 1 letter equals 100 peoples' opinions...so I've made my 100 mark, please help out by writing WDW

Thiger

Ps- In my letter I gave a few suggestions such as: making the AC the 'icon' of this new shopping area
-adding a gift shop selling adventurous stuff: standard stuff and maybe funny compasses or talking key chains that say 'Kungaloosh'
-Make one floor of the AC into a dining area

Thurp

[...]
We recognize that the closing of the Adventurer's Club will disappoint
Guests who have come to enjoy the unique entertainment that has been
offered over the years. [...]

This is the same reply I received from one of the suits. At least it was SOMETHING because none of the other suits has even bothered to send the standard canned reply.

I even went as far as emailing Steve Jobs. I also tried to guess Joe Rohde's email address (since the AC is his baby) but everything I tried bounced back.

5 real letters also went out on yesterday's mail.

If it all fails, at least we'll know that we tried.

How can we get their attention? Maybe send them 5 tons of cocoNUTS?

Disney_Freak429

Well its good to know they care enough to call you & try to say what they can. I am going to keep writeing myself here & there to wait a bit until after the wave also to make sure they continue to hear from more & different people over time. If the end all does happen all I can say is I will be there the last night & it may just be a matter of time until nothing original is left in all of WDW.

CaptainMichael

Well its good to know they care enough to call you & try to say what they can. I am going to keep writeing myself here & there to wait a bit until after the wave also to make sure they continue to hear from more & different people over time. If the end all does happen all I can say is I will be there the last night & it may just be a matter of time until nothing original is left in all of WDW.

I'm really encouraged by that phone call. I'm going to request one in my letter. The more they hear from us, the better.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom