I just found out....mind blown.

draybook

Original Poster
So as I sit here watching a history of the Land pavilion video by Expedition Theme Park, I just found out that there was a fountain in there. What? Mind blown. We didn't start going to WDW until 2008 and didn't actually go to Epcot until 2009. That would have been nice to see.

What are some things you've been amazed at finding out after watching a video about WDW or reading about?

TwilightZone

The mickey mouse hotel. Boy that would have that been nuts. (It was a hotel literally shaped like mickey).
Younger me thought the fact that disneyquest was even a thing was crazy.
The imagination rollercoaster, a rumor I read ages ago of what the original plans of journey into your imagination were going to be. This one fascinated me the most. But lately I found out about another one where it would have been a trip into a child's imagination, which is equally as fascinating, as well as what your imagination could have been if it wasn't so rushed or budget cutted (imagine the trippiest ride ever made).

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
So as I sit here watching a history of the Land pavilion video by Expedition Theme Park, I just found out that there was a fountain in there. What? Mind blown. We didn't start going to WDW until 2008 and didn't actually go to Epcot until 2009. That would have been nice to see.

What are some things you've been amazed at finding out after watching a video about WDW or reading about?
Try this one. It’s better :D

TheOrangeBird01

The mickey mouse hotel. Boy that would have that been nuts. (It was a hotel literally shaped like mickey).
Younger me thought the fact that disneyquest was even a thing was crazy.
The imagination rollercoaster, a rumor I read ages ago of what the original plans of journey into your imagination were going to be. This one fascinated me the most. But lately I found out about another one where it would have been a trip into a child's imagination, which is equally as fascinating, as well as what your imagination could have been if it wasn't so rushed or budget cutted (imagine the trippiest ride ever made).

What Mickey Mouse hotel are you talking about? I’ve never heard of this ...

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member

IIRC the fountain demise was a highly discissed itm here back in the general grizz days.

TwilightZone

IIRC the fountain demise was a highly discissed itm here back in the general grizz days.
That fountain looked so nice judging from videos I saw of it, but I can understand why it was removed. Especially with soarin' crowds, it would have just been a mess if kept.
That being said. they should have relocated it, but oh well.

AdventureHasAName

Two thoughts ...

1. Original EPCOT Center was a masterpiece and it's been largely downhill since 1994, and

2. I'm old enough to have experienced almost everything at WDW, but I'm fascinated by the Rainbow Caverns at Disneyland. Even if you accept the premise that the old mine trains had to be removed, the Rainbow Caverns seem like too iconic a location to not have been recycled into some new attraction.

Simba's Mom

Actually, a CM there pointed this out. After over 30 years of going to WDW and Epcot, I never noticed the 2 trees outside Tangerine Cafe. They're Tangerine trees (in the courtyard). We love to eat there, go there at least once every trip, and I can't believe I didn't notice the trees.

Raineman

It's not specifically WDW based, but I found out recently that Walt's father Elias Disney lived the first 18 years of his life about 60 miles away from me in Goderich, Ontario, Canada, and that Walt and Lillian visited Goderich in the 40s, and loved it there. Nothing like finding a little local Canadian Disney history.

TwilightZone

It needs to come back to defy stereotypes that the company appears to be getting lately.
I think disney is breaking enough stereotypes about itself that alien encounter doesn't need to fix
First it proved itself to be very rich with it's acquisitions
And because of those acquisitions, it now owns many T rated and M rated media.
That being said I would love alien encounter, or something alien encounter like that isn't stitch to come back just to experience it.

matt9112

AE used to exist. In a Disney park. For people to experience. Every day.

Whoa.

scared me to death as a 10 year old but I still miss it.

hmmm this will probably strike a nerve. I remember (mid 90s) seeing things at epcot I wouldn't see outside of epcot for a decade or so. not rides obviously I mean tech in general. these days there's nothing in epcot from a raw consumer tech prospective we cant do outside of epcot except theme park centric stuff (obviously I dont have test track in my back yard) but I can video chat instantly robots vacuum my floors etc. in the 90s I only saw that kind of stuff one place.

WDWTank

Did anyone know that

Alien Encounter?????
Yes :)
I think disney is breaking enough stereotypes about itself that alien encounter doesn't need to fix
First it proved itself to be very rich with it's acquisitions
And because of those acquisitions, it now owns many T rated and M rated media.
That being said I would love alien encounter, or something alien encounter like that isn't stitch to come back just to experience it.
Exactly! I never experienced Alien Encounter. I was too little at the time it closed (I was born in 1998, I would’ve been 5 if I experienced it before it’s closure.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom