I just booked a surprise trip

Missymoe4

Original Poster
My brother and I have been scheming for quite some time to do something for my parents. The past few years have been really tough on my parents and for them, taking a trip to WDW will never happen again..or so they think!!! My brother and I have been saving for awhile and doing without to make a beautiful trip for my parents. They went above and beyond for us, we want to do the same four them.

(BTW: Thank you for letting me share...I'm so happy I can barely stand it!)

So, now we have to plan how we will surprise dear mom and dad....any thoughts?

We're not going until August, so we still have some time.

Missymoe4

Original Poster
Thank you for the suggestions...

I do like the scavenger hunt. I was thinking about doing that on Easter and making it super special holiday. I also love the scrapbook idea. That would take some time...but I could pull it off. Hmmm....

Also, thank you for the kind replies. My parents have taught my brother and I to give back, and well, we're doing so for our family this time...

Last year on my trip I picked up a simple book about the windows on Main Street. I was thinking of doing something catchy with that...

Oh, the ideas are boundless!!

fauzha7

What a great gift. If you want to use the windows on Main St book, why not have someone snap a picture of one of the windows in your parents home with you and your brother inside the window holding a sign telling them that they are going to WDW. Just stick the photo in near the back cover and let them find it as they look through the book.
Any way you do it, I'm sure they will enjoy the surprise AND the trip.....double magical moment!

JIMINYCR

Invite them to watch a video with you. Slip in the Disney vacation DVD. Ask them what they would do if they could go to Disney. Then present them with the trip package and say WE LOVE YOU. Be prepared to watch them break out in tears. I would. WAY TO GO GUYS. You make all of us parents out there proud.;)

Spikerdink

Is the trip keyed to a specific event - wedding anniversary/milestone birthday/other? If it were, you could build something from that event.

Say, if it was a wedding anniversary, get their wedding photo and photoshop Mickey ears onto the bride and groom and put it in a Disney frame...

I personally like the idea of a scavenger hunt that someone mentioned above. If you wanted to do it this Easter, how about this idea...get some of the plastic eggs and have your brother and you write down special memories that you remember about your parents (things they taught you/things you did together/what family means to you) and have your parents look for them and then read them all together as a family.

After all of the eggs have been open and read, have three more (larger) eggs ready.

In the first one - have a blank piece of paper. (Symbolic of the memories this trip will bring)
In the second one - have a calendar marked with the days the trip will cover.
In the last one - have all of the details - the flight (if there is a flight), the hotel, and maybe a reservation or two.

I don't know if they are still available, but for Christmas a few years back, the Disney store sold a recordable gift card. You could buy one of those (assuming you are near a Disney store!) and have the siblings say somethign to the effect of "Mom and Dad, you have given us so much throughout our lives. You taught us lessons that don't come from books - you taught us about love, responsibility, community, faith and most of all, family. For all you have taught us, and done for us, we want to give something back to you, and we want to take you to Walt Disney World."

No matter what you decide, please share it with us!!

emcclay

I know exactly how you feel! Back in 2011, I surprised my parents with a trip. I saved all my money and wouldn't let them pay for anything! It's a great feeling to be able to give back to those who have been there for you and supported you for so long :)

HouCuseChickie

What a great thing!!! I LOOOOOVE a surprise trip! OK- I've only surprised my kids, but I like to surprise them at different steps of the way...from the trip itself, to shirts, pins, glow jewelry (hey, adults love that stuff too!), special meals, cakes, balloons, custom mouse ears, you name it. I just try and make every little fun thing a surprise. While it went over my kids' heads, I also made a surprise slideshow for them and had mouse ear ballons in a box (popped out when they opened- for surprise reaveal) for this last surprise.

You'll have to keep us posted on what you end up doing...and take video of the reveal! :)

Meredith

2 years ago my parents suprised me and my brother ( if you look at my profile you'll see i'm 13) it was for my bro's graduation so they gave him a card after the celebration saying "Congratulations P.S. were going to Disney World for a week at the Beach Club Resort" On Easter you could always make a easter basket for them then attach a card simply saying " We love you and YOUR GOING TO DISNEY WORLD". P.S. You guys are great to do that for your parents I hope to do that someday for mine.:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom