Trip Report "I hope you're not on your honeymoon!" - 10 days of Disney - WDW and DCL

Please check out my Pre-trip report!

Who: Me, Husband (A)
When: July 27-Aug 2
Where: Disney's Boardwalk Villas
---------------------------------------------------
Who: Me, A, Mom (R), Dad (K), brother (S)
When: Aug 2 - Aug 5
Where: Disney Dream

Day 1: Hello everyone, and welcome aboard the Walt Disney World transportation system. We're on our way to the Magic Kingdom.

Ahhhh, we made it! I flew home from work travel at 7pm on the 26th of July, and we were on our way to WDW at 7am on the 27th of July. I did the smart thing and didn't pack until that night! :oops:

Easy 2.5 hour flight, which I slept through, and we were at MCO!!! We took DME and soon found ourselves passing under the greatest welcome sign ever!

A quick stop to BWV to drop off our carry-on bags, and we immediately ventured out to the Boardwalk for some food. We were so hungry! NOTE: It's important to pack your Mickey (or Minnie) ears in your carry-on!

Lunch included a pulled pork sandwich and a pulled pork cheeseburger basket from The To-Go Cart. It definitely wasn't something to write home about, but it did the job.

With bellies content, we took a bus to the Magic Kingdom! This trip already felt so much more relaxing than our Feb. 2018 trip together. There was no rush to do everything in one day. 7 park days this time around!!
I teared up as soon as we scanned our magic bands...walking into Main Street USA just brings back so many good memories and feelings!!

Our first FP+ was for Space Mountain - a personal fave. We then made our way to BTMR and had a wild time! Heading back to Tomorrowland, we hopped on Buzz SRS...and I (yet again!) got my butt kicked! I need to know the secrets! I think A spun us around too much! With plenty of time left before our dinner in DS, we opted to do the POTC treasure maps. After we completed the first map, the game told us to go do another one...which we did. Once we completed the second map, the CM gave us a POTC FP+ each and two collectible cards! It was a fun game, but it got redundant! We opted to go straight for the POTC FP+ line and hung out with Jack Sparrow. Still, a ton of time in our afternoon, we opted to do some rides and shows we have never done before. We rode Journey of the Little Mermaid. We watched the Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor - WE LOVED THIS SO MUCH!

It was time for a break as we had been running around the park for a few hours now and it was HOT. What better ride than the PeopleMover!

On our way out of the park, we stopped at Storybook Treats for a Peterpan Float and a cone! We both have a soft spot for the lime soft serve.
We slowly strolled out of the park and caught a bus back to BWV - our room was ready! Our room was FAR from the elevators..and it was on the fifth floor. We had views of Luna Park and ToT in DHS. We opted to take the stairs for most of the trip.
Finally it was time to head to Disney Springs. Tonight, we were eating at Raglan Road! It's become a tradition of my family to eat here since I started coming in 2006. A and I have adopted the tradition as well! We ordered the fish and chips and the Bangers and Mash - can't go wrong with these staples! They were amazing and we finished our plates. Our seating was less than ideal though, and we were sat in the far corner of the restaurant. There was no dancing happening while we were eating, but it was sad to be away from the excitement.

Since it had been a long day, we went back to BWV and passed out...the next day we were going to rope drop Hollywood Studios to get a chance to ride SDD...but the plans didn't quite work out that way.

Stay tuned!

Darstarr

In the Parks
No
Please check out my Pre-trip report!

Who: Me, Husband (A)
When: July 27-Aug 2
Where: Disney's Boardwalk Villas
---------------------------------------------------
Who: Me, A, Mom (R), Dad (K), brother (S)
When: Aug 2 - Aug 5
Where: Disney Dream

Day 1: Hello everyone, and welcome aboard the Walt Disney World transportation system. We're on our way to the Magic Kingdom.

Ahhhh, we made it! I flew home from work travel at 7pm on the 26th of July, and we were on our way to WDW at 7am on the 27th of July. I did the smart thing and didn't pack until that night! :oops:

Easy 2.5 hour flight, which I slept through, and we were at MCO!!! We took DME and soon found ourselves passing under the greatest welcome sign ever!

View attachment 397051

A quick stop to BWV to drop off our carry-on bags, and we immediately ventured out to the Boardwalk for some food. We were so hungry! NOTE: It's important to pack your Mickey (or Minnie) ears in your carry-on!

View attachment 397052

View attachment 397053

Lunch included a pulled pork sandwich and a pulled pork cheeseburger basket from The To-Go Cart. It definitely wasn't something to write home about, but it did the job.

With bellies content, we took a bus to the Magic Kingdom! This trip already felt so much more relaxing than our Feb. 2018 trip together. There was no rush to do everything in one day. 7 park days this time around!!
I teared up as soon as we scanned our magic bands...walking into Main Street USA just brings back so many good memories and feelings!!

View attachment 397054

Our first FP+ was for Space Mountain - a personal fave. We then made our way to BTMR and had a wild time! Heading back to Tomorrowland, we hopped on Buzz SRS...and I (yet again!) got my butt kicked! I need to know the secrets! I think A spun us around too much! With plenty of time left before our dinner in DS, we opted to do the POTC treasure maps. After we completed the first map, the game told us to go do another one...which we did. Once we completed the second map, the CM gave us a POTC FP+ each and two collectible cards! It was a fun game, but it got redundant! We opted to go straight for the POTC FP+ line and hung out with Jack Sparrow. Still, a ton of time in our afternoon, we opted to do some rides and shows we have never done before. We rode Journey of the Little Mermaid. We watched the Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor - WE LOVED THIS SO MUCH!

View attachment 397061

It was time for a break as we had been running around the park for a few hours now and it was HOT. What better ride than the PeopleMover!

View attachment 397063

On our way out of the park, we stopped at Storybook Treats for a Peterpan Float and a cone! We both have a soft spot for the lime soft serve.
We slowly strolled out of the park and caught a bus back to BWV - our room was ready! Our room was FAR from the elevators..and it was on the fifth floor. We had views of Luna Park and ToT in DHS. We opted to take the stairs for most of the trip.
Finally it was time to head to Disney Springs. Tonight, we were eating at Raglan Road! It's become a tradition of my family to eat here since I started coming in 2006. A and I have adopted the tradition as well! We ordered the fish and chips and the Bangers and Mash - can't go wrong with these staples! They were amazing and we finished our plates. Our seating was less than ideal though, and we were sat in the far corner of the restaurant. There was no dancing happening while we were eating, but it was sad to be away from the excitement.

View attachment 397067

View attachment 397068

Since it had been a long day, we went back to BWV and passed out...the next day we were going to rope drop Hollywood Studios to get a chance to ride SDD...but the plans didn't quite work out that way.

Stay tuned!
Following along.
Staying tuned.
Looked like a great first day!!!

StitchSNK

Original Poster
Following along.
Staying tuned.
Looked like a great first day!!!
Following along too!!
Following along!
Following along, great report , cannot wait for me :)!!!
Following along!! Enjoying so far! 😊
Following again!
Following, looks like fun so far!
Following :)

Welcome and thanks for following along!!

StitchSNK

Original Poster
Good morning friends! Apologies for the delay, I spent my weekend in the wilderness (not Frontierland)

Day 2 When the universe has other plans for you..

I woke up at 5:30am.... not because of my alarm, nope! Excitement/internal body alarm clock/DISNEY WORLD... I left A sleeping soundly (he could sleep through an earthquake), and I ventured out for some exercise. I ran the Seaside Sprint course (~1.6mi) and went to the "Muscles and Bustles" gym at the Boardwalk. I was surprised to find a good handful of people also getting an early sweat on! I did my weight training/HIIT thing and finished up by 6:45.
Back at the room, A was awake! We got dressed and headed over to Hollywood Studios for some EMH!! One goal in mind, to ride Slinky Dog Dash, since it was the only FP+ I failed to get.
As a WDW veteran, I should have known better than to bring a BAG! We arrived to the HS entrance to find the lines to be ENORMOUS. It was too late to run back to BWV and return my bag since it was 7:30 and they had begun letting people in to hover at the rope before officially opening the park. The only thing in my bag was my Nalgene! SILLY ME.

A went through the no-bag line entry...and I waited 25 minutes to get through this bag check line. A MISTAKE I DID NOT MAKE FOR THE REMAINDER OF OUR TRIP.
A and I squeezed our way through the crowd waiting for the rope to drop and hovered near Starbucks. Knowing we had a slim chance, we agreed we would wait up to 60 minutes to ride SDD...and so it began...the mad dash to TSL...the people running over feet...the kids scared to be separated from their parents...the already irritated people grumbling about crowds at WDW...

A and I got in like for SDD...asked the CM how long the line would be from where we were...2hours. TWO HOURS. We promptly got out of line and just shrugged our shoulders. This was A's first time in HS since the late 90s. We were not going to waste time standing in line for a ride.

We decided to grab some breakfast at Woody's Lunch Box. I had the Banana Split Yogurt Parfait and A had the Lemon Blueberry Lunch Box Tart! A loved the tart!

We had FP+ plans for TSM later in the day, and A had no interest in A.S.S., so we explored HS. First stop was Star Tours! One of the CMs was "Earning his ears" and you could tell he was nervous, but he did a great job! The CM training him made someone loop their seatbelt incorrectly to test the trainee, and the trainee caught the issue and remedied it! :)

After Star Tours, we wandered through some shops and found the CUTEST calendar ever! Each month for 2020 was an 11x15 poster on card stock that we can re-purpose once the month passes!! Only $25! I can't wait to hang them in our future mini's room in a few years.

RnRC single rider line seemed like a good idea next...but boy were we wrong. With a posted Stand-by time of ~45 minutes, we wrongly assumed that the single rider line would be a breeze, but it seemed like all of a sudden, the FP line exploded and we stood there for over an hour. We did make it to the concert on time and enjoyed our backstage passes ;)

Our FP time for TSM had opened, and we headed back to TSL. For once, I kicked A's BUTT!!!! He always gets me on Buzz SRS, so this was redemption for the day before. I love the queue for TSM.

I posed with the Popsicle wall at the exit to TSM...A said I was as pale as the wall, that I just blended in. I agreed and thanked my sunscreen.

There was also a PP CM at the exit queue and we got a pretty fun picture! The CM told us to pretend A was trying to get a signal for help since our plane went down and I was fed up. The other photo he took was kind of weird, and maybe I'll post it in my bonus photos post later in the TR...

It was time for a mid-day break so we walked back to Boardwalk. I just love the location of the Boardwalk/BC to HS and EPCOT. I think it's better than being on the Monorail loop (unpopular opinion?). We took the long way past the Y&BC so I could show A Stormalong Bay...I was dreaming of sneaking in, but I behaved.

Hungry, we immediately decided to have some ice cream! A and I are ice cream connoisseurs. We do not have a golden spoon or a million dollar tongue, we just LOVE ice cream. I got a scoop of The Cookie Monster and Baked/Unbaked. A got two scoops of Ooey Gooey Butter Cake. Absolutely on the top 3 favorite flavors list for us now! P.S. My favorite ever ice cream flavor is Banana Chocolate Chip from UConn Dairy Bar (in CT).

Still hungry, we got a full size cheese pizza from the Pizza Window. It did not disappoint! I also opted for a Watermelon Margarita from Joe's Marg Cart..10/10 delicious. With a full belly, A took a break at the room and I wandered over to EPCOT. I don't really do midday breaks.

EPCOT is my favorite WDW park. I strolled around the World Showcase, smelling all the smells, enjoying the lack of crowds since there were no festivals happening, and stopped by to meet my FAVORITE duck, Donald!!! I always have the best character meet and greets with this Donald. Last trip, he made a fuss that I was wearing a Marie (Aristocats) shirt and made me promise that I would like ducks more than cats from now on. This time around, I asked him to go get nachos with me, and he agreed! The character attendant was very funny, and asked if they could have some, and Donald told them just 1 nacho with no cheese! And then he walked over to La Cantina with me HA! Blowing me kisses, I let him know that I was married and he quickly ran back to his spot. Meeting characters is SO MUCH FUN!

I met up with A after a quick fiesta margarita and we went back to HS. We watched Beauty and the Beast, and agreed it was good, but way to quick of a storyline. Especially when we compared it to the DCL Beauty and the Beast on the Dream..not really a fair comparison. We went on RnRC again, and failed to take a picture of us "pretending to sleep in the car" because I couldn't stop smiling.

It was time for our ToT FP! I'll have you know, I dislike this ride, not because it's a bad ride...no. But because sudden drops scare me! A and I were almost to the elevator when he had to bail out due to stomach emergency. I rode the ToT BY MYSELF and white knuckled the whole time. Did I mention I was in row 1 on the center aisle! AGH. As soon as I walked out of ToT, the skies OPENED! Given it was vacation, A and I just laughed and walked through the typhoon/thunderstorms back to BWV. This torrential downpour/thunderstorm theme would occur all week.

We called it a night and made plans to rope drop ToT tomorrow so A could experience the ride. Why would I do that to myself?!

Janir

This shot should be included in everyone's Photo Pass account who may be riding DME. Its everybody's favorite welcome sign! ;-P
Disney Photopass Service, here's a tip for you! Put an automated camera on each DME bus and get a picture of that groups bus passing under the sign and attach it to their Magic Band accounts! Doesn't even have to be the full in park set up camera system. Go talk to WDI and I'm sure they can get you a camera system for the DME buses that will work and not cost and arm and a leg.

Last edited:

StitchSNK

Original Poster
This shot should be included in everyone's Photo Pass account who may be riding DME. Its everybody's favorite welcome sign! ;-P
Disney Photopass Service, here's a tip for you! Put an automated camera on each DME bus and get a picture of that groups bus passing under the sign and attach it to their Magic Band accounts! Doesn't even have to be the full in park set up camera system. Go talk to WDI and I'm sure they can get you a camera system for the DME buses that will work and not cost and arm and a leg.

Pssssst - Walt Disney Company, are you listening? 😇

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom