I honestly saw the scariest thing ever while in WDW...

Gucci65

Actually that email was a joke in a magazine article as an example of how gullible people are. It kinda took on a life of its own.
http://www.snopes.com/science/stats/spiders.htm

Too funny!! That's actually the first time I have seen that. I was referencing a show we saw on National Geographic.

On the show they also talked about how people get bit in their sleep - which of course if a defense mechanism for the poor spider.

Anyway.......back to the spooks.

Dukeblue1016

Original Poster
since this is officially in chit chat... i feel less bad about carrying on with similiar but non quite type things. (yeah that doesn't make sense... get over it)

We were at one of my buddy's house (back in high school, like 5-6 years ago) and we were playing Fifa... and I wanted coffee and there was a mobil on the run right down the road, no one else wanted to go, it was like 3 a.m. so i went alone. I was on my way back and i was on this road thats basically straight out a horror movie... its like... 300 yards long with one street light at like the 150 yd line... and its dim, and its always foggy, and there's a cemetary on the street... so... 3 a.m... all alone, and right in the middle of the road under the street light is what looks like a person (well it definitely was a person... i wasnt dreaming, but im not claiming it to be a ghost, had to be a person) and they just stood there facing me... so i stopped the car like 50 yds from the person... and they just stood there... sure enough im now parked right in front of the cemetary... I look over and fog is all of a sudden rising... like... i can't explain it, Only in the cemetary was it rising and it was rising like out of a movie... so I just floored it forgetting about the guy... when i turned back to the road though... the street light was out... now obviously i had my high beams on so i could see... and well that guy... he was gone.

Oh... and no houses are on the street... no walkways... just a road in the middle of the woods...

you figure it out...

imagineer boy

Yeah, but if I saw Marilyn Monroe's ghost, I would like it to be sans attire. Is there a way to modify the engergy levels to ensure that outcome? :wave:

No, ghosts tend to take on the form of when they died. It also noticed that ghosts materialize at night better when an alive human is present. This could be due to the fact that the ghost's energy interacts with the live human's energy causing the ghost's empty shell or "soul" to become visible. Its very complicated to explain really...

Hm, I thought I was the only one who kept seeing these wierd figures... Well, every time I stay at an All Star I see some kind of ghostly figure. But just think for a second, maybe the ghosts are on vacation! :lol: Really, if there were ghosts at Disney World, they probibly wouldn't try to hurt or scare you... And all of this is coming from a 12 year old, so all you adults will pretend to go along with my story... :brick: No adult ever believes a kid so why should I bother posting here...

WDW Monorail

No, ghosts tend to take on the form of when they died. It also noticed that ghosts materialize at night better when an alive human is present. This could be due to the fact that the ghost's energy interacts with the live human's energy causing the ghost's empty shell or "soul" to become visible. Its very complicated to explain really...

This goes with the Law of Conservation of Energy: Energy can neither be created nor destroyed.

"Free roaming" energy can also be an explaination for ghosts.

But since I don't belive in ghosts, I'm sticking with my story of time travel as I stated earlier in this thread.

Woody13

Wow, that's just what I needed to hear! According to reliable reports concerning the death of Marilyn Monroe, "On August 5, 1962, her housekeeper found her dead body, nude and lying face down on her bed, apparently the victim of an overdose of sedatives. She was only 36."

I'm going to Disney World! :D :wave:

Windy.Mind

That has happened to me before when I was little. I would sleep in my parents bedroom with them and see figures running towards me then vanishing. They looked kinda like pilgrims! Its scary , but just calls TAPS if your scared. They invistigate ghosts and things...or if its a hotel recommend it to the place!! :snore: 'till then sleep soundly

ps: If you ever see another ghost , don't provoke it , they can hit you , and believe me it hurts.
Okay, first off, let me start off by saying I enjoy ghost stories cuz they're fun... but I don't believe them. Also, I'm not saying what happened was definite... but this was the scariest thing of my life and I just remembered it now while trying to sleep. It's honestly quite scary, maybe not suitable for kids (I'm not joking... I'm having trouble sleeping right now because I am remembering this so well... so if you are a kid... you may not want to read any further)

Secondly, every night my GF and I would get back close to 12, haven gotten up at 7 a.m... and were so tired we'd crash immediately, so I quickly got over this scare, but its got me all worked up now thinking about it...

Lastly, I know people won't believe me and think its a joke (why would I bother to start a thread though?), its fine though. I don't mind getting made fun of... I seriously just want to know if anyone experienced anything similar in their room, and not with the George on PoTC or something like that... been too many of those threads

Anywho... onto what happened...

First night there, I don't fully fall asleep but i'm like half asleep when I rollover and notice my girlfriend is sitting up in bed. It's pitch black in the room, no TV on, no sounds playing... nothing at all is going on in the room. Also, she felt sick earlier that day, so I figured she was sick. I went to relax her by like stroking her arm or holding her hand.... basically just reaching out for her... but as I do, I notice her get up out of bed and walk towards the bathroom and then stop at the foot of the bed...

Now its pitch black as I said, and I'm half asleep, so I couldn't really make out anything she was doing or anything at all... I basically just was staring at a figure at the foot of the bed which appeared to be a person... well, before I could ask her what she was doing... I realized my girlfriend was asleep next to me. She was never sitting up, and she never got out of bed, she's out cold...

Again, I was half asleep so I never could tell what was next to me in bed, but it was a figure of some sort sitting up, and when I reached for it, it literally moved away from me...

So, when I realize its not my girlfriend and that she's sleeping, I immediately wake right up, like wide awake... just staring at her, scared to look at the foot of the bed, cuz I knew what I saw... slowly I turn towards the rest of the room... yep, there is something standing at the foot of the bed staring at me... Just standing there... looks like a person, but is basically just like a 6 foot tall figure with the humanly outline... very very very dim in the lights... I panick...

I tell myself nothing is there, and try to fall asleep, i'm just dreaming... I spend like 5 seconds trying to pretend im asleep... then I roll back over, the figure is still there, hasn't moved at all... staring at me. now i'm terrified... thinking "its just the moon shining in, has to be" so I look at the window, look around the room, no light is getting in anywhere, no shadows, room is pitch black, I see nothing but the dim outline of the bed, outline of the TV, and this figure... a dim figure but like a grey shade...

I'm horrified, scared, trying to kinda hide but just staring at the figure, and now I'm certain, its there... so I decide maybe its somehow just light or reflection... so I sit up in bed and as I do the figure steps back... but it moves back swiftly... and its a lot like if I sat up and there was light shining in and it just changed positions as my perspective changed... so I feel relieved, its just light... so I lay back down, except the figure doesn't come closer... it stays put further away from me now... if it was light having shifted away from me... it would have shifted back...

IMMEDIATELY without any thought process turn on the lights and the figure is gone... vanished... my girlfriend doesn't wake up thank god... I'm panicked, sweating... I lay awake for a little while... then put the TV on, watch TV for like half hour, finally was so tired I fell asleep... I told my gf, she got scared, but we had so much fun on our trip it just kinda escaped my memory until now...

I know I know, people are gonna make fun of me or something, but I'm not even lying about those events... anyone else have anything similiar at all happen to them ever??? Any stories besides George and other well-known ones? This was at All Star Sports... and it really REALLY freaked me out, I'm a little scared now to say the least...

Windy.Mind

Lol again , a thing like that has happened to me. I was walking down the hall and some black thing darted into my brothers room. And im not talking like a dinky roach or something I could step on. Im talking like a person. I went and checked..and hey whatta yea know..the door was closed!! Another time I was sleeping over at my bff's house and we were in bed reading. I heard something whisper my name "Britny..." and I asked my friend "What?" then she said she didn't say anything. Only..the whisper was coming from the other side of the room near the place she had seen other ghosts before. Now that got me scared...
since this is officially in chit chat... i feel less bad about carrying on with similiar but non quite type things. (yeah that doesn't make sense... get over it)

We were at one of my buddy's house (back in high school, like 5-6 years ago) and we were playing Fifa... and I wanted coffee and there was a mobil on the run right down the road, no one else wanted to go, it was like 3 a.m. so i went alone. I was on my way back and i was on this road thats basically straight out a horror movie... its like... 300 yards long with one street light at like the 150 yd line... and its dim, and its always foggy, and there's a cemetary on the street... so... 3 a.m... all alone, and right in the middle of the road under the street light is what looks like a person (well it definitely was a person... i wasnt dreaming, but im not claiming it to be a ghost, had to be a person) and they just stood there facing me... so i stopped the car like 50 yds from the person... and they just stood there... sure enough im now parked right in front of the cemetary... I look over and fog is all of a sudden rising... like... i can't explain it, Only in the cemetary was it rising and it was rising like out of a movie... so I just floored it forgetting about the guy... when i turned back to the road though... the street light was out... now obviously i had my high beams on so i could see... and well that guy... he was gone.

Oh... and no houses are on the street... no walkways... just a road in the middle of the woods...

you figure it out...

This only reminds me of (hard to explain) it's like when I am in a deep sleep and am trying to wake up, but cant :lookaroun then when I do finallywake up, by literally shaking my head (to be sure I'm awake), I'm afraid to go back to sleep because of falling into that again :lookaroun Anyone else with this or am I the only one?

Uponastar

This only reminds me of (hard to explain) it's like when I am in a deep sleep and am trying to wake up, but cant :lookaroun then when I do finallywake up, by literally shaking my head (to be sure I'm awake), I'm afraid to go back to sleep because of falling into that again :lookaroun Anyone else with this or am I the only one?

My husband and his sister both went through what you describe. It's like they have to fight their way out of sleep, even though their brains are awake. They said it's very scarey. My husband hasn't had it happen in a very long time (he's 54 now), but I can remember seeing him with his eyes open, but not able to fully awaken without a real effort. Strange.

Wow, that's just what I needed to hear! According to reliable reports concerning the death of Marilyn Monroe, "On August 5, 1962, her housekeeper found her dead body, nude and lying face down on her bed, apparently the victim of an overdose of sedatives. She was only 36."

I'm going to Disney World! :D :wave:

Haha, baaaazing!

I remember reading an article about sleep paralysis, and I never want to experience that.

If I ever do see a ghost, I hope it is not in my home, or some place that I will ever visit again.

PixyDust

Not discounting anything as I believe in some strange stuff but in this case their might be an explanation that I wonder if you have looked at. You mentioned your house is older, have you located where in the house the radio is coming from? The reason I ask is my sister use to rent an old house and for some reason one of the hear registers would pick up radio and CB signals. Not sure why but it did.

You know, our tv does pick up CBs when the truckers have that illegal thing on them that makes them stronger. Maybe that's what I hear.

However, I do think it was my SIL who changed our tv channel that night to show me that the way she went was painless and what she wanted.

imagineer boy

Something really weird happened to me last night. I don't know if it was real, me dreaming, or what, but I was asleep last night having a normal dream, when all of a sudden I felt like someone was tugging on my shirt collar and lifted me up. I woke up screaming, and looked around and no one was there. It was odd...

mrtoad

You know, our tv does pick up CBs when the truckers have that illegal thing on them that makes them stronger. Maybe that's what I hear.

However, I do think it was my SIL who changed our tv channel that night to show me that the way she went was painless and what she wanted.

My TV in my first apartment use to pick up CB radio when trucks would go by too.

I don't doubt your second part.

popsicletrees

you figure it out...

When my grandmother was in her early thirties, she was driving one night with her sister-in-law down an old country road. Since this was nearly forty years ago I would imagine that it was pretty dark out due to no streetlights. Something jumped off of a bank and onto the hood of their car and looked at them through the windshield. It jumped off soon after that. I don't know what it was, but just the thought of it scares me.

Also, my grandfather's car got a flat tire in front of an old, abandoned house when my mom was little. He saw lights flickering in the house, heard noises like a party going on in the house, and heard someone walking around him. I'm not denying that someone could have broken into the house, but the house had no electricity and he has no way of explaining the footsteps around him.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom