I hear the Rise of the Resistance opening ceremony is going to be pretty interesting.

I was just really hyped up and had the mentality "the most immersive star wars experience ever created is opening, plus ROS coming out soon", I thought they were going to pull out all the stops and bring a lot of the old and new SW cast.

techgeek

Did I miss the mega subwoofer?

Very low end base frequencies will not hold up very well to the kind of compression and low bit-rates of a web stream, and for that matter you’d need to have your own mega subwoofer sitting in the room with you to reproduce them if they were in the mix.

The effect would only really be effective in person, which is one reason I was pretty perplexed they were going to the trouble anyway. Any media coverage would be heavily biased towards the visuals.

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Boy am I glad we didn't waste our time standing in the middle of the parking lot, in the cold, waiting to see the drones "fly-by"!

Mickeyboof

Wasn't there an audition notice recently for stunt performers that we through was going to be for this event?

Oh yeah! There were lighting rigs set up this week, focused on the stunt stage.

I can’t believe how shockingly disappointing and horrifically mismanaged this entire endeavor has been.

Let’s not forget, Hagrid’s opening ceremony featured a few cool drones in a levitation spell demonstration. Sometimes quaint and intimate is way more powerful than flying too close to the sun.

hismattjesty

A viewing party!? For me!? 🥰🥰
[QUOTE="hismattjesty, post: 8980224, member: . I literally held a viewing party........guess my expectations were far too high.

You did what, now?
[/QUOTE]

Yes, I had my girlfriend, 7 year old daughter, and a bunch of lifelong Star Wars freaks with me for what I expected to be an event on par with the opening of Galaxy’s Edge in California. A viewing party if you will. Finger food, adult beverages, etc. I was sorely disappointed, and felt bad for wasting their time. Thankfully everyone has stuck around to drink.

@realBobChapek You looked just a tad uncomfortable up there. Thankfully it was short and you could get to Baseline Taphouse for a few. 😂

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Chapek couldn't even say "Walt Disney World" like a native speaker of English. Or as a human.

It was like he had to recall each word of that phrase and then string them together.

It's no wonder he didn't get applause. He has no clue how to inflect words to cue listeners he's leading up to and concluding an exciting finish. Couldn't even spit out a "let's hear it for our great cast members!", but expected his trailing off sentence to elicit applause.

I'd feel bad for the poor thing but I keep reminding myself how much he makes and how much power he has.

DDLand

That was remarkably bad. I’m sure the X-Wings would have been cooler in person. The story was unnecessary and cringe inducing. Dang, that was bad.

His prepared remarks were very pointed. He paraded out the recent win Disney logged with the Mandalorian. He emphasized again and again that the land was successful. He rebutted @WDW Pro ‘s close the gap initiative by saying it surpassed Disney’s expectations (never mind the fact we saw its effects first hand). He hammered away at the awards and honors the land has won. He was sure to say that millions of guests have visited the land.

He also avoided certain topics, namely the story group which we know took the lead in the ride’s development. Instead, he choose to praise the more well liked Imagineers and Walt Disney World cast members. He also was sure to mention George Lucas.

This was an attempt to change the narrative and get the story back in their favor. Oddly, the show was terrible. It seems like getting the media hyped would have been a solid start, but this was unimpressive. I would go as far as to say it was uncomfortable.

Though all of that is irrelevant so long as the ride is spectacular.

DisneyCane

Very low end base frequencies will not hold up very well to the kind of compression and low bit-rates of a web stream, and for that matter you’d need to have your own mega subwoofer sitting in the room with you to reproduce them if they were in the mix.

The effect would only really be effective in person, which is one reason I was pretty perplexed they were going to the trouble anyway. Any media coverage would be heavily biased towards the visuals.
Also, for the very low frequencies the room needs to be big enough or the wavelength is too long and the sound wave ends up outside through the walls.

ToTBellHop

What a dud...

1575514976858.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom