I hear the Rise of the Resistance opening ceremony is going to be pretty interesting.

MagicHappens1971

WAY to many changes needed for it to be a regular thing. Not to mention the liability insurance costs it would require.
I'm sure Disney already has a ridiculous liability insurance policy, and I think that would be the least of their concern considering the amount of time and money they've spent developing these drones and many others over the past few years.

Monorail_Orange

I'm sure Disney already has a ridiculous liability insurance policy, and I think that would be the least of their concern considering the amount of time and money they've spent developing these drones and many others over the past few years.
I get what you're saying, and it's a reasonable argument. Make no mistake, I'm in full agreement that these drones should make nightly appearances at least over DHS's GE. And yet, how many times has that dragon flown over New Fantasyland?

drizgirl

It's about they hype of opening day. Disney doesn't want to add anything more than necessary that they have to give guests on a recurring basis.

Nottamus

Well, if my flights will get me there in time, I finally got an invite to the media event. Thank you random media person that reads this site but wants to remain anonymous that got me in as a guest and not just a bystander.

well, I’ll gladly take your place if you can’t make it. I’m Good that way....

The Pho

Well, if my flights will get me there in time, I finally got an invite to the media event. Thank you random media person that reads this site but wants to remain anonymous that got me in as a guest and not just a bystander.
Lucky you, enjoy. I tried calling everybody I could to no avail. And thanks for the info here. Really hoping I’ll get a view of one of the drones from outside tonight.

Serverfarm

I get what you're saying, and it's a reasonable argument. Make no mistake, I'm in full agreement that these drones should make nightly appearances at least over DHS's GE. And yet, how many times has that dragon flown over New Fantasyland?

After spending buku $ on that dragon, and likely gazillions more (since there's a $$$ 3rd party involved), it better fly @least once in front of a non Disney employee.

According to park hours listed, closing off the park area at 4p, looks like the same as the dragon: the public may see them immediately after park close since that's faa legally "non commercial activity" (it's closed), bypassing a bunch of regs.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Doesnt it concern you that it could possibly be a ruse to reveal your identity since you leaked some info? Especially since they want to remain anonymous.

trainplane3

There are some special people on this site, aren't there?

Doesnt it concern you that it could possibly be a ruse to reveal your identity since you leaked some info? Especially since they want to remain anonymous.
If they signed a NDA, sure. But if they didn't then the most that could happen is they get chewed out for ruining a surprise. Blog Mickey's pictures of the drones spoiled as much but to a larger group of people. I doubt whoever contacted them would do that though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom