I have stepped out of the Bubble™

I have just arrived in O-town and am staying offsite for the first time after 5 consecutive years of visiting inside the Bubble™. My family is planning on 3 days at UNI, 1 day KSC, 1 off day, and dinner in Tampa with a coworker. My aim is to chronicle unique observations.

Flew into Tampa and drove to Orlando.
  1. Driving down I-4, where people merge into the center lane to slow down. Really? I drive better in a foot of snow. I had to dodge a mobile home and an extension ladder, a personal first.
  2. Stopped at the Disney Stockyards for lunch with the Earl. Price was very similar to dinner at Chick-fi-last. The new garage was impressive from an engineering perspective. Traffic flow in and out was bad. New stores around Paridiso were interesting but $580 for a steampunk hat???? Low market/high margin?
  3. Drove to the Target on 192 for groceries. I need to investigate that area further. Still laughing at the Buy Best store.
More updates to come.

Dwarful

Dodging extension ladders ....made me crack up. Our local radio stations have a contest....mattresses vs. ladders and they keep track of each item 'lost' on the highways. Obviously many people in the STL area have difficulties keeping things in their vehicles....but I've never dodged a mobile home.

Keep us posted on life out of the bubble and enjoy your trip!

Nubs70

Original Poster
I see this has been moved, not really a traditional trip report, but oh well.

Pretty cold the last 2 days, although 55F is better than -27F. It is still cold when you are in the parks. Thus I have discovered schadenfreude does not warm the cockles of the heart.

Have ridden Gringotts several times. Wow, is it impressive. I used to think VotLM wasn't too bad as the queue is nice and the ride is OK. When compared to Gringotts, Diagon Ally, and Hogsmeade, Fantasyland is a huge disappointment. The Harry Potter sections of UNI are quality in both theme, detail and ride. Although I do have a little issue with the faux marble columns in the bank.

Not a big fan of the screen based rides. I do not know what its is but I thinks there is a disconnect between what I see and the inertial forces I feel. Man do I get a little queezy. Krustyland was the worst but Gringotts was no problem.

I did see 1 ECV at UNI yesterday and oddly enough an AK wheelchair.

Today has brought sunshine and short weather but have yet to have any jort sightings

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom