I hate the new Star Tours

180º

There were 20 bongos floating nearby and only one came back. Afterwards, the 40 people on the starspeeder had nothing to do but wait. Wait to die. Wait to live. Wait for a post-ride destination scene that would never come.
It’s been 31 years and I can still smell the fresh [star tours smell]. The hyperdrive had never been used. The seats had never been sat in. They called Starspeeder 3000 “The most advanced transport of its kind in existence,” and it was. It really was.

BasiltheBatLord

I love Star Tours 2.0, but last time I rode it I left with a complete bad taste in my mouth. Designing a 3D simulator ride with random scenes (plus the capability to add scenes over time, as has been done) and then getting rid of all of that and then locking it into one permanent sequence is so idiotic.

Plus the entire ride just plays like a modern Star Wars commercial now, with the removal of all non-sequel trilogy characters and planets. The beauty of the new Star Tours was that it could play off of the incredible depth of the Star Wars universe and represent all of it with the randomizer feature. But now it's just been turned into a commercial to churn people out into the new movies. I don't even really want to go on the ride anymore.

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes
The Naboo scene is awesome. The Prequels inspired some really good stuff, like the underwater monsters and the fighter's tail breaking through the windshield--the only really effective 3D thing.

As much as I despise the prequels they sure did inspire some nice Star Tours sequences.

Angel Ariel

I love Star Tours 2.0, but last time I rode it I left with a complete bad taste in my mouth. Designing a 3D simulator ride with random scenes (plus the capability to add scenes over time, as has been done) and then getting rid of all of that and then locking it into one permanent sequence is so idiotic.

Plus the entire ride just plays like a modern Star Wars commercial now, with the removal of all non-sequel trilogy characters and planets. The beauty of the new Star Tours was that it could play off of the incredible depth of the Star Wars universe and represent all of it with the randomizer feature. But now it's just been turned into a commercial to churn people out into the new movies. I don't even really want to go on the ride anymore.
I agree..I was pretty disappointed it was locked in to last Jedi and force awakens. I get locking in last Jedi...but then unlock force awakens by now! It’s been 2 years since the movie came out...I don’t even live near DL, and I’d prefer they unlock that scene and let it go back to having at least 1 random scene. Ending at batuu was cool, but I definitely missed the randomizing.

George Lucas on a Bench

The old version made more sense in that you arrived back at the Star Tours building, even though a confusing ad for the MGM version in National Geographic claimed you could experience the Endor moon after the ride, even though it was just a fake but awesome movie set you experience before the ride.

Star Tours II takes you to alien planets but you walk out into Disneyland where you started. Plot hole!

Phroobar

I feel a wave of hate flowing through our little forum here. Is this all because @Curious Constance went to the dark side after being ignored by Iger for the last time? What's next, advocating the total destruction of the Haunted Manson and replacing it with Mystic Manor?

Professortango1

When your bummed about getting the wrong ride profile, it just might be time to find a different hobby.

I didn't say upset, I said bummed. You're telling me you don't have preferences? It's like going to Panera on a rainy day and they are out of soup. Not going to ruin my day, but it is a little disappointing when you were looking forward to something.

Phroobar

I didn't say upset, I said bummed. You're telling me you don't have preferences? It's like going to Panera on a rainy day and they are out of soup. Not going to ruin my day, but it is a little disappointing when you were looking forward to something.
I don't really have a preference. I just get a little disappointed when I get the same path twice in the same day.

George Lucas on a Bench

The Hoth one I remember getting the most.

I was so pleased they recreated diving into Coruscant like Anakin did in Episode II. The Wookiee one is alright but looks a bit too Avatar, even though that stuff was all designed before Avatar.

Curious Constance

It’s been 31 years and I can still smell the fresh [star tours smell]. The hyperdrive had never been used. The seats had never been sat in. They called Starspeeder 3000 “The most advanced transport of its kind in existence,” and it was. It really was.

Not you too!? I'm not responsible for this!!!!!

George Lucas on a Bench

I'm telling you. Water that Gungan-infested. Like right down there? It hits you like a starspeeder crashing into your body. You can't breathe. You can't think. At least not about anything but the pain. Which is why I'm not looking forward to jumping in there after you.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom