I hate mobile food ordering!

It is terrible that I can order online and by pass the horrible lines and get my food hot and fresh in seconds. LOL I absolutely love mobile ordering from. And I had a delicious lunch at Columbia Harbour House at Magic Kingdom.

I’m REALLY hoping I get to try mobile ordering! Sounds amazing! We booked using DVC points, it seems to be unknown if this will be possible :(.

nickys

Premium Member
I’m REALLY hoping I get to try mobile ordering! Sounds amazing! We booked using DVC points, it seems to be unknown if this will be possible :(.

What issues are you hearing about?

Except ...... Are you on the dining plan?

Mobile ordering uses a CC to pay, unless you are using dining plan credits.

Because MDE cannot track the dining plan credits for DVC ressies, for reasons possibly connected to the lack of a package, there is some doubt about whether it will work. However, given that there is no issue with using the dining plan credits normally, personally I think it should be OK.

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
We used mobile ordering twice during the days surrounding New Years Eve. It was quite nice to walk into Satu'li Canteen and Cosmic Ray's and grab our food when both had significant lines! Cosmic Ray's was really the best - it was 12/30 at about 7pm and MK was totally packed. We picked out our spot to watch fireworks, ordered food and I started walking to Cosmic Ray's. By the time I got there the food was ready - grabbed it and walked back to where we were sitting. Perfect!

docdebbi

Can anyone give me an average of how long from the time that you hit "I'm here" until your food is ready? Trying to figure out if you really hit I'm here when you're here. Or five to ten minutes earlier as walking there. TIA

Last edited:

BrittanyRose428

Can anyone give me an averag of how long from the time that you hit "I'm here" until your food is ready? Trying to figure out if you really hit I'm here when your here. Or five to ten minutes earlier as walking there. TIA
Do it when you're a couple of minutes away and walking over. When you hit "I'm here" that lets them know to start making your food. It does depend on the restaurant, how busy it is, and how fast you walk, but I usually hit it when I'm in view of the restaurant and it's ready by the time I get there.

reptar77

We had a problem mobile ordering at Caseys. I just wanted a plain hot dog no meal and it wasn't an option. We had to order the meal.

Roakor

I have to wonder if you will still be able to just walk in and grab your hot food once everyone is using mobile ordering. I kind think that long line to order is just going to move over to that long line to pick up your food. Overall it may still be faster as you won't have people wait till they are at the front to try to decided what they want.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Can anyone give me an averag of how long from the time that you hit "I'm here" until your food is ready? Trying to figure out if you really hit I'm here when your here. Or five to ten minutes earlier as walking there. TIA

About 5-10 minutes max. First time I tried for Satu'li, the app recognized I was nearby.

scoobygirl39541

Tried this for the first time at Peco's Bill on February 4 and it was not a good experience. We had no trouble ordering the food in the app, also of note... it was a DVC reservation with the dining plan. The dining plan was visable on the app and came off our plan with no problem.

HOWEVER, we ordered our food while we were still about 5 minutes away, hit the "I'm here" button as we were walking in (while slowing walking around the crowds), got to the mobile window, and waited for our name. After about 10 minutes of waiting (15 after hitting "I'm here"), I tried to get the girl's attention and she begrudgingly checked the monitor. She asked for my name and said, 'oh yeah'... and then proceeded to collect our food. It came across as highly unorganized and did not go smoothly at all. Plus, it seems if you have a common name, it gets confusing for them when deleting the orders because she was asking everyone with orders attached to common names for their last name since there were so many "Jennifer's".

I really wanted to love this experience and I will try it again. It just took longer than waiting in line and was more chaotic than it should have been.

Last edited:

jaklgreen

I used it last time to get a dole whip. I walked up and was going to wait in line because I forgot you can order ahead. Took one look at the looong line and saw the mobile ordering spot, got on my phone, ordered it up and within a few minutes I had my dole whip while all the other people where still waiting in line.

jgj123

I used it last time to get a dole whip. I walked up and was going to wait in line because I forgot you can order ahead. Took one look at the looong line and saw the mobile ordering spot, got on my phone, ordered it up and within a few minutes I had my dole whip while all the other people where still waiting in line.
I used it last week at Aloha Isle also for Dole Whips. I pressed I'm here, took one step and they were already bringing my order out. Also used it in EPCOT at the American Pavilion, took a while as they were very busy, but I was overall satisfied with the process.

StarWarsGirl

It is terrible that I can order online and by pass the horrible lines and get my food hot and fresh in seconds. LOL I absolutely love mobile ordering from. And I had a delicious lunch at Columbia Harbour House at Magic Kingdom.
I was about ready to be like, "Um, why?" But then I read your post and was like:
sarcasm.jpg

😂😂

I too love mobile order. My brother and I were at MK a few weeks ago. We were in line for Astro Orbiter, and we ordered from there. Then we meandered over to Pinnochio's, walked past a very long line out the door, sat at our table for five minutes, and then the food was ready, so I got it. It's probably Disney's best idea recently for guest convenience. If they could just get the discounts integrated, we'd be set.

StarWarsGirl

Repeating myself, but once I bypassed the line to get into Harbour House and a CM stopped me and told me to get into line. I said 'mobile order' and she said, 'oh, go right in.' Man I got some ugly looks from people in line. :hilarious:
Yep, kept getting looks from people as well when I just walked on by...and they're still standing there...the CMs when I went didn't question, especially when they saw I had my phone out.

Tried this for the first time at Peco's Bill on February 4 and it was not a good experience. We had no trouble ordering the food in the app, also of note... it was a DVC reservation with the dining plan. The dining plan was visable on the app and came off our plan with no problem.

HOWEVER, we ordered our food while we were still about 5 minutes away, hit the "I'm here" button as we were walking in (while slowing walking around the crowds), got to the mobile window, and waited for our name. After about 10 minutes of waiting (15 after hitting "I'm here"), I tried to get the girl's attention and she begrudgingly checked the monitor. She asked for my name and said, 'oh yeah'... and then proceeded to collect our food. It came across as highly unorganized and did not go smoothly at all. Plus, it seems if you have a common name, it gets confusing for them when deleting the orders because she was asking everyone with orders attached to common names for their last name since there were so many "Jennifer's".

I really wanted to love this experience and I will try it again. It just took longer than waiting in line and was more chaotic than it should have been.

Did you have a DVC “points” reservation?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom