Trip Report I had such a bad time

I’ve been waiting to get back to MK for 10 years. This was not what I expected at all. I was fine with the limited experiences and still charging full price. What I did not expect was the complete lack of health and safety for a company that I love so much and have dreamed about working there since I was a kid. The only good things were mobile ordering, the snacks and the experience when I finally got on the rides.

When asked for directions the cast members helped but they were hard to find. Nearly all the ones I experienced face to face were rude though.

It poured and my family got mad and left at 1 so I was stuck there by myself until closing.

On a scale of 1 to 5 I expected Disney to at least still instill health and safety measures at 2.5. It was 0. Like what is a mask going to do if you pack a monorail with 100 people on top of each other? At this point the reservation system is a scam for optics.

The kids were terrible. I mean it’s MK so I expected the kids to be bad and running around and screaming but they were just awful to the point where I don’t even think I want kids anymore.

The one experience I thought they wouldn’t cheap out was the tram. At least on the way back but nope. So it isn’t safe for a tram but packing 100 people on a monorail is?

My cousin gave me her ticket because of no refunds and I’m going back on Sunday but I definitely think i want to cancel my October trip. Which the delta variant may cancel anyway. Another good thing is my obsession with Disney definitely took a hit.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Sorry you had that experience. I recently got back from a 15 day stay at WDW. I had an excellent time.

I am fully vaccinated so the roll back in COVID procedures didn’t bother me. I rode all transportation and I don’t feel it was ever packed to the gills as it was pre-Covid. The roll backs in safety precautions were announced so if I had felt uncomfortable I would not have gone. I booked thinking I would have to wear a mask all the time like I did in August 2020, November 2020, February 2021, and March 2021 so it was nice not to have to wear it except for transportation.

Yes it rained and was humid but Disney doesn’t control the weather. I had rain gear.

In my experience kids are have always been running around and screaming there but the majority were well behaved for kids. But again it isn’t Disney’s job to police children it is the parents job.

I hope you have a better time next trip.

Tay

Original Poster
Sorry you had that experience. I recently got back from a 15 day stay at WDW. I had an excellent time.

I am fully vaccinated so the roll back in COVID procedures didn’t bother me. I rode all transportation and I don’t feel it was ever packed to the gills as it was pre-Covid. The roll backs in safety precautions were announced so if I had felt uncomfortable I would not have gone. I booked thinking I would have to wear a mask all the time like I did in August 2020, November 2020, February 2021, and March 2021 so it was nice not to have to wear it except for transportation.

Yes it rained and was humid but Disney doesn’t control the weather. I had rain gear.

In my experience kids are have always been running around and screaming there but the majority were well behaved for kids. But again it isn’t Disney’s job to police children it is the parents job.

I hope you have a better time next trip.
One of my cousins along with my sister is celebrating a milestone so we just planned this a little over a month ago. I am fully vaccinated and I knew they rolled back on health and safety measures but I didn’t expect them to completely disregard them and still offered limited experiences. At least have hand sanitizer stations by the trash cans and not encourage guests to get as close to each other as possible. I at least expected that health and safety wise. At this point they are being cheap(er) and using the pandemic as an excuse to defund the parks because their other businesses and bonuses have suffered. The parks shouldn’t be used like that. That’s my only issue. Like you can cram all those people in a monorail if they have a mask on and give them the option of not wearing a mask in a crowd watching fireworks but not have a tram, or meet and greets.

Dave B

Just such negativity, did you do ANY research before you left, we just got back and felt 100% safe the entire time, I do AGREE with you about the monorail and the trams, but this is fixing it self this weekend, and the reason the trams were not open, was most likely staffing.

Tay

Original Poster
Just such negativity, did you do ANY research before you left, we just got back and felt 100% safe the entire time, I do AGREE with you about the monorail and the trams, but this is fixing it self this weekend, and the reason the trams were not open, was most likely staffing.
How am I being negative? Because I’m not praising Disney being cheap and fake? Because I’m upset they couldn’t pay an extra 20 people $10 an hour to make sure the people who paid over $130 and were tired didn’t have to walk back to their car? That parents couldn’t control their brats and letting them act like wild animals in a tight space? That the cast members were being rude to me? That they were encouraging people to not leave spaces open?

I did say I enjoyed the rides and the food and was fine with and knew about the limited experiences until I got there and realized Disney is just being cheap. They said they were loosening protocols not completely getting rid of them. I didn’t even care about the rain because I knew it would rain. I also didn’t even care about the idiots going maskless just didn’t want them all up on me.

I am not fine that they are restricting stuff and acting like they still care about safety and health protocols to charge full price and not offer experiences. Just wanted them to be honest and say the real reason so I could be prepared. It’s not like 95% of the people there cared anyway.

Sorry if I offended you and came for your bonus. You must be an exec to get this offended so much about what I said. Like little ole me will stop millions of people from going to the most popular place in the world.

Songbird76

You said your cousin gave you her ticket, but was it a multi-day ticket that she just didn't want to go back for the 2nd day? My understanding is that tickets are non-transferable...even if she doesn't use all the days on her ticket, she can't give the rest to someone else. I'm not sure how it works if she bought the tickets but hasn't used it, but isn't it attached to her own name, etc?

Tay

Original Poster
You said your cousin gave you her ticket, but was it a multi-day ticket that she just didn't want to go back for the 2nd day? My understanding is that tickets are non-transferable...even if she doesn't use all the days on her ticket, she can't give the rest to someone else. I'm not sure how it works if she bought the tickets but hasn't used it, but isn't it attached to her own name, etc?
It was a 1 day and I bought the ticket and the app allowed me to transfer it to my name. She didn’t use it all.

Songbird76

It was a 1 day and I bought the ticket and the app allowed me to transfer it to my name. She didn’t use it all.
Well that's good at least you can get some use out of it, but I'm surprised you want to go back if it was such a bad time and you didn't feel safe. I'm pretty sure I read that the distancing requirement is now 3 feet instead of 6, so that may be why you felt like everything was so packed. They probably WERE enforcing it in queues and such, just that it didn't feel like it because the requirement is so much smaller than before.

Dave B

How am I being negative? Because I’m not praising Disney being cheap and fake? Because I’m upset they couldn’t pay an extra 20 people $10 an hour to make sure the people who paid over $130 and were tired didn’t have to walk back to their car? That parents couldn’t control their brats and letting them act like wild animals in a tight space? That the cast members were being rude to me? That they were encouraging people to not leave spaces open?

I did say I enjoyed the rides and the food and was fine with and knew about the limited experiences until I got there and realized Disney is just being cheap. They said they were loosening protocols not completely getting rid of them. I didn’t even care about the rain because I knew it would rain. I also didn’t even care about the idiots going maskless just didn’t want them all up on me.

I am not fine that they are restricting stuff and acting like they still care about safety and health protocols to charge full price and not offer experiences. Just wanted them to be honest and say the real reason so I could be prepared. It’s not like 95% of the people there cared anyway.

Sorry if I offended you and came for your bonus. You must be an exec to get this offended so much about what I said. Like little ole me will stop millions of people from going to the most popular place in the world.
Because if you had done any research you would have known all of this, life is getting back to normal and Disney is adjusting daily to it, and you are upset that at an amusement park, designed for kids and to make adults feel like kids, that the kids were running around having a good time, I mean, c'mon now, it is not like you are at the library or a fancy restaurant, you are in an amusement park, designed for fun. As far as the tram goes, it is not from a lack of trying to hire, no one wants to work right now, especially when they can make more on unemployment. No I am not an exec, you cost me nothing on my bonus, but you did make me laugh, so Thank You for that

Dory71

Well that's good at least you can get some use out of it, but I'm surprised you want to go back if it was such a bad time and you didn't feel safe. I'm pretty sure I read that the distancing requirement is now 3 feet instead of 6, so that may be why you felt like everything was so packed. They probably WERE enforcing it in queues and such, just that it didn't feel like it because the requirement is so much smaller than before.
I can tell you from my visit 2 weeks ago that they are not enforcing any distancing requirements and are back to "fill in all the available space".

Songbird76

I can tell you from my visit 2 weeks ago that they are not enforcing any distancing requirements and are back to "fill in all the available space".
Well, that's disappointing, but at the same time, that's exactly why I won't be going to any amusement parks or anything in the near future. If you want to be assured of safety, your best bet is just not to go anywhere that they may not be enforcing measures. Everyone has a different threshold at which they feel comfortable. Mine is a bit higher than most people's.

Tay

Original Poster
Because if you had done any research you would have known all of this, life is getting back to normal and Disney is adjusting daily to it, and you are upset that at an amusement park, designed for kids and to make adults feel like kids, that the kids were running around having a good time, I mean, c'mon now, it is not like you are at the library or a fancy restaurant, you are in an amusement park, designed for fun. As far as the tram goes, it is not from a lack of trying to hire, no one wants to work right now, especially when they can make more on unemployment. No I am not an exec, you cost me nothing on my bonus, but you did make me laugh, so Thank You for that
How when the Delta virus is 10 times worse than the original strain can we get back to normal? Okay the bolded explains all I needed to know. Wasn’t Florida the first state to cut off the pandemic unemployment? Disney needs to do like other companies and raise their rates to get people back.

Anyway I didn’t have a problem with the kids running around and having fun outside or being excited and playing inside the queues with the interactive stuff. I was talking about them crawling under people, pushing, and fighting their siblings in the queues in such a tight space and the parents not doing anything.

Tay

Original Poster
Because she sold it to me for $50 and I didn’t get to ride 7 dwarfs because of the rain and that is all I wanted to ride. Plus now I know Disney doesn’t give a crap so I bought 2 masks and won’t ride the monorail. Plus I’m not getting on any other the kiddie rides. I didn’t have these problems in the older people rides.

Dave B

How when the Delta virus is 10 times worse than the original strain can we get back to normal? Okay the bolded explains all I needed to know. Wasn’t Florida the first state to cut off the pandemic unemployment? Disney needs to do like other companies and raise their rates to get people back.

Anyway I didn’t have a problem with the kids running around and having fun outside or being excited and playing inside the queues with the interactive stuff. I was talking about them crawling under people, pushing, and fighting their siblings in the queues in such a tight space and the parents not doing anything.
From my understanding Florida got rid of the state extra, but not the federal part. As far as the Delta Variant, it is my understanding that is affecting people who are NOT Vaccinated, so we are not to worried about it, and again, kids are going to be kids, I hate assuming things, but I am going to assume you don't have kids or they are older and out of the house

Last edited:

Disstevefan1

I’ve been waiting to get back to MK for 10 years. This was not what I expected at all. I was fine with the limited experiences and still charging full price. What I did not expect was the complete lack of health and safety for a company that I love so much and have dreamed about working there since I was a kid. The only good things were mobile ordering, the snacks and the experience when I finally got on the rides.

When asked for directions the cast members helped but they were hard to find. Nearly all the ones I experienced face to face were rude though.

It poured and my family got mad and left at 1 so I was stuck there by myself until closing.

On a scale of 1 to 5 I expected Disney to at least still instill health and safety measures at 2.5. It was 0. Like what is a mask going to do if you pack a monorail with 100 people on top of each other? At this point the reservation system is a scam for optics.

The kids were terrible. I mean it’s MK so I expected the kids to be bad and running around and screaming but they were just awful to the point where I don’t even think I want kids anymore.

The one experience I thought they wouldn’t cheap out was the tram. At least on the way back but nope. So it isn’t safe for a tram but packing 100 people on a monorail is?

My cousin gave me her ticket because of no refunds and I’m going back on Sunday but I definitely think i want to cancel my October trip. Which the delta variant may cancel anyway. Another good thing is my obsession with Disney definitely took a hit.
It sounds like a typical day at WDW in the summer; rude CMs, overcrowded and rain.
I am glad you liked the mobile ordering, the snacks and the attractions when you could get on them.
To many, this is a successful day at WDW.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom