I Feel Like A Kid Again

Alley7728

One of the reasons I love Disney so much is I don't have to act like an adult for a while. All I do is wish upon a star and it seems anything is possible. Do you ever feel younger than your age while there? And what magical place makes you feel the youngest?
You know what Figgy. I look in the mirror every day and see a middle aged woman with time quickly ticking by. But when I am at The Magic Kingdom I am youthful and vibrant, full of energy and 12 years old again. When I am there time stops for me. It Is my happy place:p

JIMINYCR

The moment I leave home and get near to being on property, I shed my adult being and become a kid. I stay that way throughout the time I'm on WDW property and it doesnt matter which park I'm in or what ride I'm on. It's the magic that Disney has over me that transforms me. It doesn't matter how old I get, it will always happen. God I love Disney !!!!

Sloan

I'm a 44 year old guy who often goes alone, and I feel (and act) like a kid at the parks all the time. I think a huge part of this is because it does bring back so many childhood memories / feelings for me, since I've been going to WDW since childhood. I've vowed to continue taking any women I'm dating to the World to make sure that: a) they don't mind how much I love it, and, b) to make sure that they have some of that 'joyful spirit' left too!

GrumpyFan

I certainly understand these feelings! There's just no place on earth I've found where I can act like a kid. Even my wife and kids say they like me better when we're at WDW. I think that's a good thing.The park that really effects me though is DHS. I'm normally a quiet, introvert type, but when I go there, I start interacting with people, CMs, actors, etc. My says I become a different person altogether.

Princess_AmyK

I act the most like a kid in its tough to be a bug because it makes me scream and cry.

On a serious note, I really feel like a kid when im in the stores. I end up buying stuffed animals and silly things. When I get home and back to reality I ask myself why. Why do I buy silly things I am to old to ever use? I guess I momentarily forget im 21 and I dont play with barbies and I cant wear a tiara to work. Lets just say, my future daughter will have awesome hand me downs in a box waiting for her.

Clamman73

For me it's not so much acting like a kid at Disney, although when I'm on Space Mountain I probably do, it's about being transported back to that time as a kid...(late 70s - mid 80s). Things like sitting in the high-back chairs in Poly Lobby, walking up the monorail ramp to the platform, going through the Contemporary on the monorail, Peoplemover, walking into SSE, jumping water at Journey, etc...those kind of things just make me think of how many yrs ago I was in that exact spot enjoying the same thing as a kid.

jw24

I think the feeling of being younger are probably most prevalent on the rides because I mean, I wouldn't go on a ride I wouldn't want to ride in the first place. With some of my favorite rides like Peter Pan's Flight and Soarin, I could ride it many times and never get tired of it. The place where I feel "younger" the most has to be the Magic Kingdom. The walk down Main Street to the castle never ceases to amaze me every time. And when I meet characters, I'm not thinking that it's an actor/actress portraying the character but rather, it is the actual character of my favorite Disney movies coming to life in front of me. I'm just so happy there and I've stated this many times but just being there is really the happiest feeling of all!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom