I Experienced the Perfect Storm of How To Ruin An Attraction

Baltar

$4 billion for EPCOT
Original Poster
We just came back from out 10 day WDW vacation. Another great trip was had. One particular event though was mind bogglingly irritating. This past Saturday, I saw so many things go wrong in Carousel of Progress that I figured I was paying for sins in a prior life.

First, it's a huge crowd, which is cool and we enter. The opening spiel happens and then we hear a shrill announcement for people to remain seated and the theater will rotate in 4 minutes. Wha? So we have to sit through the opening again. It rotates and we see the first scene. In the middle of the scene another shrill announcement to tell someone in another scene to please sit down and the theater will rotate again in 4 minutes. IT REPEATS SCENE 1 AGAIN. They don't repeat any scenes through the rest of the show but we had at least 3 more interruptions by the cast member. So whatever jerk who kept walking around caused that number of announcements mostly ruined the show. Personally, if people are gonna continue to be this horrible, they are going to have to put cast members in the theater and then removing people from the theater when this happens. People just suck!

Oh and that's not the worst part of it.

What I haven't mentioned is that this 50ish yr old Spanish speaking man is sitting a row behind us and is talking through the entire show. I can hear him over the singing of "Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow" He's that loud. He is "SHHHED" by numerous people several times. My genteel wife who hates confrontation even turned around and said "Dude! Stop Talking!" and he continues speaking to girlfriend/wife. Finally another spanish speaking younger guy yells in spanish basically for him to shut the **** up hahaha so we get the final scene completely free of talking.

So that was by far my worst ever experience on an attraction when you consider repeated scenes, multiple announcement interruptions due to idiots standing up and rude ppl who think they can talk over an attraction!

When we left the theater my wife immediately wished the MK had alcohol readily available haha

Becky

Yep the talking takes place every time I ride CoP. The eStops happen often. People think it is a live show and when they find out it isn't they decide to leave no matter what. It is as annoying as people who turn around on a dark ride and take a flash photo right in your face.

Baltar

$4 billion for EPCOT
Original Poster
Yep the talking takes place every time I ride CoP. The eStops happen often. People think it is a live show and when they find out it isn't they decide to leave no matter what. It is as annoying as people who turn around on a dark ride and take a flash photo right in your face.
That is so crazy. I LOVE COP and see it multiples times per trip. Mind you the past 4 years it has just been one trip a year but before that I had APs. I've never had this happen before. lol I guess I'm lucky.

Disneyhead'71

I have seen the show reset because of folks walking out 2-3 times. The bigger the crowd, the bigger the chance of experiencing it. If the place is full, you'll probably get to see it.

FettFan

CoP really needs Jurassic Park-style lap bars.
PDVD_013.BMP

Only stronger.

JohnD

I had that happen to me at Impressions de France. The person next to me was speaking to his son in another language (irrelevant which one). I shushed him so I could enjoy the movie. He gave me an angry look but kept quiet after that.

On POTC, I tried enjoying the attraction but had a lady in the row in front of me continue taking photos with the flash on. At one point, she turned around to photograph something behind her. The flash went off right in my face. Attraction ruined and all she got was blurry photos. Grr.

ScarletBegonias

Are you actually able to get off while it's in progress? I mistakenly took my 15mo old on it in September (I hadn't been in ten years, and didn't know exactly what it was, or that it rotated) and I started really getting worried she was going to throw a tantrum. I had no idea what I was going to do if she freaked. (she hates sitting still). Luckily there were less than 10 people on it, and she got engrossed in her snack cup and when we left I thought "never ever again"

ScarletBegonias

Nope. Can't leave the Carousel of Progress while it's in progress. You're on a rotating 360 degree auditorium. For the same reason, once you board Energy Adventure, you have to remain seated for the next 45 minutes while the cars move you through the attraction.
Wow. I am so so glad she remained calm. The other 8 people would have hated me. Truly didn't do my research on this one, and it could have backfired badly. :jawdrop:

JohnD

Wow. I am so so glad she remained calm. The other 8 people would have hated me. Truly didn't do my research on this one, and it could have backfired badly. :jawdrop:

Yeah. You may think the four sets are rotating clockwise and you're stationary. Nope. It's the other way around. The four sets are stationary and you're rotating counterclockwise. Because it's a moving attraction, you have to remain seated for the duration of the show.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom