I Did It. First DCL Trip Booked.

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
Original Poster
As some of you saw my "Port Advice" thread for Nassau and my RC cruise inbound this fall (my first cruise) I decided to look into DCL a bit more. I decided to take the plunge and book a December Dream 3-Day Bahamas for two. First one ever and my expectations are EXTREMELY high.

DisneyJoe

My only comment on a 3-night cruise is that they can seem pretty short; try to get on the ship as early as possible on the first day to maximize your time.

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
Original Poster
My only comment on a 3-night cruise is that they can seem pretty short; try to get on the ship as early as possible on the first day to maximize your time.
Before my first cruise I had very high expectations. Was very afraid, but they were far exceeded. Hope the same happens to you!

I am going with a seasoned cruiser (but never on Disney) and she is very hardcore about being there EARLY as possible.

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
Original Poster
A question arose on my mind. How many dining included restaurants are there? Are there any that should be passed over?

ExRoadie

You will get the three themed dining rooms Enchanted Garden, Royal Palace and Animator's Palate. Remy or Palo are great but you can always visit them on the next cruise.

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
Original Poster
You will get the three themed dining rooms Enchanted Garden, Royal Palace and Animator's Palate. Remy or Palo are great but you can always visit them on the next cruise.

THAT is how that works! Alright, thanks. I was trying to figure that out. Yea I am not worried about doing up charge dining for the first one.

Are you typically at the table with the same individuals?

sweetpee_1993

THAT is how that works! Alright, thanks. I was trying to figure that out. Yea I am not worried about doing up charge dining for the first one.

Are you typically at the table with the same individuals?
Yes. Your table is assigned. Each night you'll be at the same table number with the same people and same wait staff. Its wonderful!

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
Original Poster
Yes. Your table is assigned. Each night you'll be at the same table number with the same people and same wait staff. Its wonderful!

Thanks, I was waiting for you to chime in! Booking it required agreeing to myself that WDW days will be VERY VERY low next year.

aw14

We are booking tonight for a 3-night on the Dream. Just concerned about air fare as we are booking through disney. We did our research for the flights we want, now just need toput down the deposit and get ready. This will be the Mrs.' and daughters first cruise.

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
Original Poster
We are booking tonight for a 3-night on the Dream. Just concerned about air fare as we are booking through disney. We did our research for the flights we want, now just need toput down the deposit and get ready. This will be the Mrs.' and daughters first cruise.

When are you looking at? We will be driving down. 11 hours in a car with under $200 spent on gas has us sold.

Congratulations! You're going to love it!

Thanks! I am stoked. It will be her first DCL trip, as well. She is past excited too.

ExRoadie

Looking at the 11/10 cruise but waiting until 75 days out to try to snag a VGT rate. Really like the "At sea, Nassau, Castaway Cay" itinerary. Gonna combine it with a few days at WDW visiting with some friends from Stockholm and Reykjavik.

Maelstrom Troll

We will also be taking our first Cruise (3day Bahamian) this coming December and we are really set on trying Remy. What restaurant should be skip for it? Is a sport coat, dress shirt, nice dark jeans, and black shoes acceptable for myself? So many questions, we are so excited but also a little nervous. How is the transportation from the parks? We are tackling 2 days in the MK prior to the excursion.

aw14

Thank you. We are looking at the 11/7 cruise. Gotta love working in NJ in public schools.
Done!!!! All booked, just waiting in the airfare information tomorrow. Hopefully, we can get the early flight out of Philly

flynnibus

Premium Member
I just booked my excursions this morning... I was able to book starting at 12am on the day I was entitled to book on.

@Scoutn757 - we drove last time as well.. and wasn't sure which way we'd go this year.. but at nearly $1500 to fly the family.. even with the abysmal MPG my truck gets it's still cheaper by a large margin (almost half) to drive, hotel,+parking than fly and pay for transfers. Plus, I'm leary of flying down on departure day.. and if you fly other days, you need to deal with transportation, etc.

If you aren't opposed to the hours, I really liked how our drive itinerary worked out last time (minus our car break down...). I stayed at the Hampton Inn Cocoa Beach last time and it was great for our needs.. but this trip I've setup a ressie for a Holiday Inn in Cocoa (not on the beach) for $99 vs the $135 for being near the beach.

If you stay overnight, hit Ron Jon Surfshop before you goto the port to get your last minute pool clothes, etc :)

Last time we finished the trip with 3 days at UNI to round out the week. We were off the boat and in UNI by like 10am that day. This upcoming one will be a 7 day cruise.. so already too many days out of school for the kids to add additional parks to the trip :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom