I deas for 1day at HHI

toolsnspools

Original Poster
This summer we (2 adults with 3 kids age 10-15) are driving to WDW and we're stopping for 2 nights at HHI on the way south. This will give us a full day to enjoy the resort and island. Any recommendations for how to spend the day? BTW - I love to golf, but as a family that's probably not an option.

pixargal

The DVC at Hilton Head is an amazing resort. There is so much for a family to do on property. The resort is not located on the beach, but they have their own private beach with a great clubhouse and pool. You have to drive to it. I would guess that you would spend most of your day there. Bring boogie boards for the kids. They also have plenty of scheduled activities at the resort. The best thing about Hilton Head is the seafood, and there are some great restaurants. So, I would recommend just enjoying the beach, the resort, and go have a delicious seafood dinner. Enjoy, I am sure your family will love it.

toolsnspools

Original Poster
Thanks @pixargal. We saw the beach house and thought that would be a fun way to relax for a few hours. Any suggestions for seafood places to eat? DW and I used to live in SC and the breakfasts at Hilton Head Diner look great online. Have you tried it? We were thinking about going there before we head south to WDW.

pixargal

Thanks @pixargal. We saw the beach house and thought that would be a fun way to relax for a few hours. Any suggestions for seafood places to eat? DW and I used to live in SC and the breakfasts at Hilton Head Diner look great online. Have you tried it? We were thinking about going there before we head south to WDW.
We haven't tried the diner. Hudson's on the Docks is about as close to fresh as you can get. We like the Salty Dog Café, even though it is a little touristy. Our friends have said good things about Skull Creek Boathouse. Hope this helps:)

PlutoFan10

Renting Bikes is big on the island and at the resort. There are bike paths nearly everywhere. Beach House has an arcade. There is bus shuttle from resort to the beach house, since parking is very limited.

StarWarsGirl

Plan on spending most of your day at the beach. The beach house does have a pool and lounge if you need a break from the sun, as well as a small arcade, pool, Foosball, and ping pong. Back at the resort, there's another pool with a water slide, horseshoes, basketball, shuffleboard, a marshy area, places to sit and relax, etc.

For food, we have two places we always hit. The first is the Crazy Crab. There's actually two, one over on the North end of the island and one over on the south end of the island. You'll have to pay parking if you go to the one in Harbor town (south) so hit the one on the North end. It looks like a dump but the seafood is fantastic. Here's a link to their website.

Then there's Old Oyster Factory. They've got excellent seafood as well and a great view. Be warned, they are very popular, so you'll want to make a reservation ahead of time. Here's a link to their website. If you can only do one, I'd say do Crazy Crab.

We love Hilton Head. We've done it a bunch of times for our June vacation and we go there every December during winter break to get a break from the chilly weather and relax (the concept of a staycation is beyond my father). It's gorgeous and a ton of fun. I highly recommend it. In fact, writing this is making me miss it!

EDIT: No, Hilton Head Diner is not that great. The resort does have a quick service place for breakfast that's pretty good. You can hit there and eat outside while looking over the marsh.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom