I could see this happening....

gwhb75

Original Poster
With Magicbands & Fastpass+ now rolled out to pretty much all guests, and with the ability to link a credit card to the Magicbands, I could see a day where you can purchase "instant" fastpasses at an attraction.

I'm not talking about charging for Fastpass+ selections (the 3 or more or whatever it lands on), but more something like this:

It's the middle of the afternoon in July. You walk up to Space Mountain and there is a 120 minute standby wait. You don't have a Fastpass+ selection for the ride, but for a small fee you can purchase as instant Fastpass with a quick tap of the Magicband right at the ride entrance.

I know there are logistics involved with this (the number of Fastpass spots available for the ride during the day, etc), but it wouldn't surprise me if this is done at some point. I'm not saying I'm for or against the idea. Any thoughts?

olinecoach61

Sounds like a good idea to me! I don't know how you could balance this with the stand by line and other fast passes but I can see the benefit to disney and the person using it.

cw1982

Sounds logical in theory, but I don't think the math on it would work unless Disney cut down on the number of free FP+ offerings at each attraction. After all, they can only do so many FP+ riders in any given hour before the system becomes back logged and just becomes a second queue line.

I think they would be more likely to start offering free FP+ to onsites and AP's while making offsite guests pay for the privilege to use them if they are going to start trying to make money on it. This would be more in line with what other parks typically do (not that I agree with this, but it seems likely one of very few possible solutions, if any, to being able to give people the unlimited FP+ potential that they seem to want).

BigTxEars

I agree the ability is going to be there. I can only imagine the hate on these forums if it ever occurs :)

I would be fine with it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom