I can't wait to go to Disney World to go.....

jklakeview

Original Poster
Bowling? Does anyone else think that this is sort of a dumb thing? I mean I can understand if people want something to do at night but I guess it's just not for me. Don't get me wrong, I love bowling and I average between 180 - 190 over an entire season, but I usually spend the entire day at the parks. Even if I decided to do something at night, I doubt I'd have enough drive or energy to go bowling. Does anyone else feel this way or is it really just me?

bsiev1977

Bowling? Does anyone else think that this is sort of a dumb thing? I mean I can understand if people want something to do at night but I guess it's just not for me. Don't get me wrong, I love bowling and I average between 180 - 190 over an entire season, but I usually spend the entire day at the parks. Even if I decided to do something at night, I doubt I'd have enough drive or energy to go bowling. Does anyone else feel this way or is it really just me?
I agree with you. If you are referring to Splitsville though, I think that is more for locals than it is for out of town tourists.

Genie of the Lamp

If I'm at the end of my vacation stay with a day or 2 left after experiencing all the parks and those days are rainy days, I would consider bowling at Splitsville. Do they give you vouchers for bowling here now? I remember the last few times I went, they gave us tons of vouchers for Planet Hollywood and Fantasia Gardens since we were on the Magic your Way Plan?

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
That's what's so great about WDW. There are lots of different experiences and activities for people to do. You may not have a desire to go there but the waits for a lane since opening have shown that there are people interested. It's also a restaurant and bar too, you don't have to bowl.

disneygirl1024

If it was a rainy day (I mean hurricane weather) I would split my day between DisneyQuest and Splitsville. When we are down in March, I will check it out and visit the bar :rolleyes: but nothing more than that. Now my son on the other hand, will spend time there. He loves bowling and was on his bowling team in high school.

bsiev1977

If I'm at the end of my vacation stay with a day or 2 left after experiencing all the parks and those days are rainy days, I would consider bowling at Splitsville. Do they give you vouchers for bowling here now? I remember the last few times I went, they gave us tons of vouchers for Planet Hollywood and Fantasia Gardens since we were on the Magic your Way Plan?
I'm pretty sure they aren't doing vouchers right now. Too new I think. Maybe sometime down the road they might add it into the plans.

Genie of the Lamp

I have about ... 001% interest in bowling. There's plenty of bowling alleys in my city. If I wanna, I can go there.

But hey, to each their own. :) I'm sure plenty of people love this place.

Yeah people are seeming to like it there so far. It's ok we have princess lanes in the south hills and where I go to is Funfest in New Kensington/Oakmont area. Although now as well we have Latitude 40 which I think is better than Splitsville out in Robinson at the pointe

mpark90

I think its great for the locals tho - I worked at Disney doing an International Program for 12 months.

You may say the same thing about AMC - who goes to Disney to go to the cinema? But Me and my co-cast members spent many of nights in DTD watching movies - and if I was still there now - we would deffo be bowling! :D

MouseDreaming

I live between 2 bowling alleys, so I really have zero interest in hanging out at a bowling alley in Disney. I think that it is more for people who do not live by one. Oops, forgot, make that three bowling alleys. We also have Pinstripes.

rsoxguy

I find topics such as this to be somewhat ironic on this forum. Allow me to first disclose that I personally loathe the game of bowling. The smelly rental shoes, the filthy and pitted bowling balls, the need to pretend that one is excited because someone else hit 10 pins out of blind luck, the endless waiting between frames; oh, I could go on, but mental anguish is best left for family reunions.

With these things said, I would highlight the fact that we have all been subjected to several threads over time that deal with the frustrations that arise when our desire to visit WDW over and again is questioned by family and friends. We generally come to the conclusion that everyone has their own interests in life, and our interest in multiple visits to the same "kids theme park" is nobody's business or problem but our own. If this is true, why should we question the desire within some to bowl while at WDW? Let them bowl, I say. Whether it be a habit or a novelty, bowling is just another activity for someone to enjoy while vacationing. It's not something that I would be caught doing, whether in my mortal state or as a walking corpse, but I don't think that we should question others because of their personal enjoyment.

CP_alum08

To me it seems like a "captive audience" type of situation. You're on vacation and, let's face it, there isn't much to do at WDW after the parks close. So you can sit by the pool at your hotel or you can...go to DTD, those are pretty much your only options. And after the shops close at DTD then there REALLY isn't anything to do( you can only sit in a restaurant for so long and if you have kids I doubt you're hanging out at a bar). I don't think many people go on vacation planning to go bowling, but it's there now and people will go just because. I think it's a brilliant move for Disney, I'm sure they are/will make piles of money off it but it would not have been my first choice for something new at DTD.

disneysince71

I am with you... When we went we noticed several bars... Not a lot of lanes...30 I think... Good food but high... Sushi bars on both floors.... A large gift shop... I almost think the bowling is just a way to get people in... :)

AndyS2992

Us European/British usually stay at WDW/Orlando for two to three weeks on average and in that time we take a few days out of the parks to fully explore places like Downtown Disney so having bowling as something to do while we are there is great. Americans will not appreciate it as much as they usually stay for seven days at most and therefore spend most of that time enjoying the parks. I would imagine bowling alleys are common across the US whereas here in the UK they exist but are sparse.

littleroo

I believe in to each there own!! My Ds (8) drives me crazy bc after a few hours in the park, he is ready to go back to the resort and swim! I think the same, you swim all summer long, why would you want to swim? I guess if you like to bowl, it would be cool to say you have done it in Disney!!

If we were without the kids I def think we would bowl a few games and have some drinks!!

Genie of the Lamp

I believe in to each there own!! My Ds (8) drives me crazy bc after a few hours in the park, he is ready to go back to the resort and swim! I think the same, you swim all summer long, why would you want to swim? I guess if you like to bowl, it would be cool to say you have done it in Disney!!

If we were without the kids I def think we would bowl a few games and have some drinks!!

Especially if you were to go their (WDW) in the fall or winter season, then it would be worthwile to go swimming their since our pools are only open in the summer. That's what we did when we stayed at the Swan 2 years ago just to have something to do and say we went swimming somewhere that didn't happen in the summer.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom