I can't stand booking fast passes months in advance!!!!!

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
I agree, but it's just a little crazy that if you don't get a fast pass now you are not getting one for it then.

That's only really true for some of the "headliners" like 7DMT and TSMM. Most others, I have had no issue getting same day fast pass at the kiosks.

EDIT: I have been able to get same day fast passes for attractions such as Space Mountain, Big Thunder, Soarin, and Splash Mountain.

Upvote 0

JasonP

Original Poster
Oh really Andrew? Ok good, that gives me a lot of hope then. I haven't been there since they have implemented this so I am very reluctant about this change.

Upvote 0

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Oh really Andrew? Ok good, that gives me a lot of hope then. I haven't been there since they have implemented this so I am very reluctant about this change.

When are you going next? My trips are usually May or September/October. So not the slowest times but not the busiest times either.

Upvote 0

Mickey81

So you've never used it, but feel the need to scream that you dislike it. Okay. You don't have to book them now, you can book them anywhere between 60 days and the day that you go to a park. Of course as it gets closer, there will be less options. I will say I always book mine at the 60 day mark, but have always changed some around. I was able to get 7DMC in June a couple hours before MK opened. I've had exceptional good luck changing and getting stuff the morning of, as it gets later not so much.

Upvote 0

JasonP

Original Poster
So you've never used it, but feel the need to scream that you dislike it. Okay. You don't have to book them now, you can book them anywhere between 60 days and the day that you go to a park. Of course as it gets closer, there will be less options. I will say I always book mine at the 60 day mark, but have always changed some around. I was able to get 7DMC in June a couple hours before MK opened. I've had exceptional good luck changing and getting stuff the morning of, as it gets later not so much.

Thanks for your input Mickey81, While I have never used this before this vacation I have been going to Disney for many many years and am familiar with how Fast Pass works and normal ride lines just not "My Disney Experience". While I haven't used it yet, I have still started booking Fast Passes and the like already and I can tell you, Yes I don't like it. But since you have apparently used it before as well, you know that there is a need to book early otherwise others will. Am I wrong in that?

Seems like people are little cranky and need a little more sleep today or something. This place used to be a helpful community of fellow Disney enthusiasts.... Sheesh

Upvote 0

Mickey81

Thanks for your input Mickey81, While I have never used this before this vacation I have been going to Disney for many many years and am familiar with how Fast Pass works and normal ride lines just not "My Disney Experience". While I haven't used it yet, I have still started booking Fast Passes and the like already and I can tell you, Yes I don't like it. But since you have apparently used it before as well, you know that there is a need to book early otherwise others will. Am I wrong in that?

Seems like people are little cranky and need a little more sleep today or something. This place used to be a helpful community of fellow Disney enthusiasts.... Sheesh
I'm very familiar with the old way as well. I actually like the fact I no longer have to run from one attraction to another to get a paper fastpass. We always get there at rope drop, do a few attractions, then have our fastpasses scheduled starting around 10 or 11 when it starts to get busy. Then add on whatever's availble after we use the third. There is no doubt your going to have a different experience going the week you are, and will want to book as soon as possible. I was hesitant of it, but reserved judgement until using it. I actually think it's great. I don't feel as though my comment was cranky, and hope you didn't take it as such. The only issue I have is not being able to schedule any fast passes after my third on my phone. It sucks from a park hopping stand point.

Upvote 0

JasonP

Original Poster
Mickey81 I will give you that for sure! Not having to run to get a fast pass just to go back again to ride. ha! I won't miss that.

Maybe you can explain this for me. Let's say on a certain day you are going to split AK/MK for example. If I book MK Fastpasses, then right now i know I can't book any AK ones, but what about the day that we are there? For instance, I have three FP booked from MK, can I use FP at AK even at the ride kiosks?

No worries! Thank you for your help. Think I am a little overwhelmed. ha!

Upvote 0

Mickey81

Once you use one at MK....that's where you have to use the other two. Once all three are used, you can only get additional fastpasses for whatever park you are in. So say you go to MK, use all three...you could get a couple more, use them at MK, until you wanted to leave. However in order to get any for AK you have to go there and use there kiosks. So really it's like it was the old way.....you can only get them for the park you are in....but you know the technology could allow you to select them for other parks if they would open it up to that. As an example, I have a day scheduled for AK/Epcot in September. I'll probably use 3 for AK, then when we leave I'll skip over to epcot to book another for later, while my wife and daughter head back to our resort for pool time. One person can go and book for the party if they are all linked together in the MDE app. Does this make sense?

Upvote 0

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
When we do split days, we don't book any FP+ for our morning park. We just do standby in the morning and (since we always get there before rope drop) usually can hit a couple headliners and then some C-tickets without any real wait. We book our FP+ for late afternoon in the afternoon/evening park. That way, right when we get into that park we have headliners to hit. Our most common use of that is morning in the Animal Kingdom (standby for everything in either Asia and Dinoland or Africa) and then afternoon in Epcot with FP+ for one side of Future World or the other.

We've done Easter a few times - good luck! Crowds are crazy, but less than Xmas or July 4 (both of which we have done as well). Easter/Spring Break mornings are usually not too difficult crowd-wise. After 11am, though....

Upvote 0

JasonP

Original Poster
When we do split days, we don't book any FP+ for our morning park. We just do standby in the morning and (since we always get there before rope drop) usually can hit a couple headliners and then some C-tickets without any real wait. We book our FP+ for late afternoon in the afternoon/evening park. That way, right when we get into that park we have headliners to hit. Our most common use of that is morning in the Animal Kingdom (standby for everything in either Asia and Dinoland or Africa) and then afternoon in Epcot with FP+ for one side of Future World or the other.

We've done Easter a few times - good luck! Crowds are crazy, but less than Xmas or July 4 (both of which we have done as well). Easter/Spring Break mornings are usually not too difficult crowd-wise. After 11am, though....

Oh good! So we can still get fast passes the old fashion way even though we booked the night time elsewhere right? If that's the case then I am ok with that!!

Easter/Spring break compare to summer at all? First time going then. Bit concerned with crowds on a short 10 day stay.

Upvote 0

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
Oh good! So we can still get fast passes the old fashion way even though we booked the night time elsewhere right? If that's the case then I am ok with that!!

Nope. The morning park will all be standby. No FP. There are no old fashioned FP any more. Sorry.

Easter/Spring break compare to summer at all? First time going then. Bit concerned with crowds on a short 10 day stay.

We have found Easter to only be really be crazy Thursday through Monday. The rest of Easter week (before and after) is like average summer crowds, or even a little less.

Upvote 0

ToTBellHop

With the set up you are describing, it would be wiser to pre-book your AK morning FP+ and then get additional FP+ in the MK when you arrive in the evening. We have had great success getting FP+ in the MK in the evening while in the park, as long as we don't want Mine Train.

Upvote 0

TXDisney

I could see it being a pain if you're traveling with a large group and multiple families. I've done it my last 2 trips but it was just my wife and I. I'm sure when we do our next trip we won't even try to do fp+ bc it'll be like 8 of us traveling and we prob won't decide what we're doing each day till we're even there.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom