I can't resolve my AP issue Fixed!

deeevo

Original Poster
Going to try and make this as short as possible. If anyone can offer advice please let me know.

Ok here it goes.

We have 2 My Magic accounts. One for my wife and one for myself. My two girls had their gold AP’s on my MM+ account up until end of Feb. 2017. Then we called to change the credit card # that the monthly payment was coming out of because it was expired. We were told that since the contract was in my name and the CC was in my wife’s name they would need to cancel the girls gold AP’s and then we would need to go to the park to renew under my wife’s account. So we did this… they credited the CC for all of the payments made and cancel the gold AP's (apparently) and we went to the park to renew March 2017.

No issues having them adding the girls to my wife’s MM+ account and everything was fine until October 2017 when I keep getting email after email to renew the girls so not realizing they are no longer on my account since it was 6 months ago I renewed them and was charged for October and November. So now my wife was being charge for them from March 2017 and I was now being charged as well. I called the AP hotline and was tossed around for an hour or so and then hung up on.

The next day I tried again and I finally a nice girl understood the issue and put the accounts in to review and said my CC should be credited and the passes for the girls will stay on my wife’s MM+ account going forward and I would be contacted when everything is completed.
I decided at that time to go ahead and pay off the girls AP’s because I didn’t want to deal with the payment issue again.

2 weeks went by and I got a credit to my CC for the 2 months I was charged (awesome!) but then I noticed on my wife’s account that the girls gold passes are missing. Everything is gone from her MM+ account. MB’s, gold AP’s everything! They should have 2 gold AP’s that expire in March 2018. I have the contract that says it. So last night I called and got tossed around again and no one could understand.
They wanted me to link my AP card# but it was saying it is already linked. They sent me to MM+ to ticketing back to MM+ until I got hung up on again.
An hour and 40 mins I was on hold!

Other than going back to the parks to have them figure it out I really don’t know who else to call. I have a contract for 2 gold AP’s but they are not on our account. I know this is long but it is a hot mess and I wanted to put it out there to see if anyone had some advice.

Thanks

Rob562

Going to try and make this as short as possible. If anyone can offer advice please let me know.

Ok here it goes.

We have 2 My Magic accounts. One for my wife and one for myself. My two girls had their gold AP’s on my MM+ account up until end of Feb. 2017. Then we called to change the credit card # that the monthly payment was coming out of because it was expired. We were told that since the contract was in my name and the CC was in my wife’s name they would need to cancel the girls gold AP’s and then we would need to go to the park to renew under my wife’s account. So we did this… they credited the CC for all of the payments made and cancel the gold AP's (apparently) and we went to the park to renew March 2017.

No issues having them adding the girls to my wife’s MM+ account and everything was fine until October 2017 when I keep getting email after email to renew the girls so not realizing they are no longer on my account since it was 6 months ago I renewed them and was charged for October and November. So now my wife was being charge for them from March 2017 and I was now being charged as well. I called the AP hotline and was tossed around for an hour or so and then hung up on.

The next day I tried again and I finally a nice girl understood the issue and put the accounts in to review and said my CC should be credited and the passes for the girls will stay on my wife’s MM+ account going forward and I would be contacted when everything is completed.
I decided at that time to go ahead and pay off the girls AP’s because I didn’t want to deal with the payment issue again.

2 weeks went by and I got a credit to my CC for the 2 months I was charged (awesome!) but then I noticed on my wife’s account that the girls gold passes are missing. Everything is gone from her MM+ account. MB’s, gold AP’s everything! They should have 2 gold AP’s that expire in March 2018. I have the contract that says it. So last night I called and got tossed around again and no one could understand.
They wanted me to link my AP card# but it was saying it is already linked. They sent me to MM+ to ticketing back to MM+ until I got hung up on again.
An hour and 40 mins I was on hold!

Other than going back to the parks to have them figure it out I really don’t know who else to call. I have a contract for 2 gold AP’s but they are not on our account. I know this is long but it is a hot mess and I wanted to put it out there to see if anyone had some advice.

Thanks

Your situation is rather unique, and I doubt you'd get an easy resolution over the phone (as you've discovered). If going to a physical Guest Services location at the parks or Disney Springs is an option for you, that's your best bet to get it sorted out.

I'd go into it prepared with both yours and your wife's account information, as well as AP cards or MagicBands that you know are (or were) linked to your daughters' AP profiles so they can use them to look them up if needed, and also make sure they're all properly linked to whichever account they end up with.

(An additional question: are your daughters over the age of 13? If so, one added option might be to remove the "wife's account vs your account" issue by having them create their own log-in accounts in MDE and connect as friends. At that point the AP's should be able to be assigned to those accounts even though the billing info for the AP's are under one of the parents' names)

-Rob

deeevo

Original Poster
Your situation is rather unique, and I doubt you'd get an easy resolution over the phone (as you've discovered). If going to a physical Guest Services location at the parks or Disney Springs is an option for you, that's your best bet to get it sorted out.

I'd go into it prepared with both yours and your wife's account information, as well as AP cards or MagicBands that you know are (or were) linked to your daughters' AP profiles so they can use them to look them up if needed, and also make sure they're all properly linked to whichever account they end up with.

(An additional question: are your daughters over the age of 13? If so, one added option might be to remove the "wife's account vs your account" issue by having them create their own log-in accounts in MDE and connect as friends. At that point the AP's should be able to be assigned to those accounts even though the billing info for the AP's are under one of the parents' names)

-Rob
Thanks Rob, they are 5 so no luck there. I was going to head that way this weekend if I could not resolve it over the phone again tonight but I really don't want to spend another night on the phone so I am taking your advise. You think DS is the best spot to get this situated? I swear I am not leaving until they get this straighten out. lol

Rob562

Thanks Rob, they are 5 so no luck there. I was going to head that way this weekend if I could not resolve it over the phone again tonight but I really don't want to spend another night on the phone so I am taking your advise. You think DS is the best spot to get this situated? I swear I am not leaving until they get this straighten out. lol

Any of the Guest Services locations should be able to handle the issue, but I'd say the Disney Springs location might be the most comfortable.

They take your name and have comfy chairs for you to sit in if there's a wait to see someone. And they have a side office or two they can bring you into and sit down if they think you might be there a while. (We actually were brought into one of those offices just last week when I went in to see what my options were for two 1-day DisneyQuest tickets I still had from 10+ years ago. Took the lady about 15 minutes to handle)

-Rob

deeevo

Original Poster
Any of the Guest Services locations should be able to handle the issue, but I'd say the Disney Springs location might be the most comfortable.

They take your name and have comfy chairs for you to sit in if there's a wait to see someone. And they have a side office or two they can bring you into and sit down if they think you might be there a while. (We actually were brought into one of those offices just last week when I went in to see what my options were for two 1-day DisneyQuest tickets I still had from 10+ years ago. Took the lady about 15 minutes to handle)

-Rob
Just letting you know that David from Meridian, MS at DS Guest Services took care of it and he was awesome. It was a hot mess and something he had never seen but he knocked it out. Everything is fixed up now. Thanks for the help.

Last edited:

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Just letting you know that David from Meridian, MS at DS Guest Services took care of it and he was awesome. It was a hot mess and something he had never seen but he knocked it out. Everything is fixed up now. Thanks for the help.
You can update the title of this thread to show that your issue was resolved...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom