I can't believe this happened!!

jlsHouston

Maybe if enough guests would prosecute issues such as this, the word would get out amoungst the various groups (Brazillians can be bad, but so can cheerleaders, football teams.....and groups of American teens) to be nice to others around them.

It's a nice thought, anyway...

and women with strollers.... I head for that dole whip when my heels get banged 1 time too often...

jlsHouston

I am glad to hear things worked out for you and that your girlfriend was not really hurt. We have been to Disney 8 times during the summer months and only found the Brazilian tour groups overwhelming when we went in 2010 in the middle of July. We have been in there in early June, late June, 4th of July week, late July, early August and late Aug and never ever seen the groups like we did that year. We can remember seeing the occasional flag here or there in other trips, but in 2010 they were everywhere. I don't mind them coming and visiting I just wish they would break up and not stay in a mass of 20 or more. We encountered pushing and shoving, my 4 year old niece and sister-in-law who was pregnant at the time, were pushed and my niece fell over by a group trying to meet the rest of the party waiting to get into the Nemo show. My brother-in-law did say something to a CM and the entire group was asked to leave the show, but that is all that was done. We also found them sitting on the ground in the middle of the walkways blocking people walking by, and then when they would get up they would leave garbage on the ground.
We did not see them at our resort, we were at POFQ, but we did switch to All Star Sports for our last two nights and they were everywhere. What got me was that they actually were given a room that looked like an office to handle everything. It was a room in the surf section of , not in the lobby. We walked by the room one morning and the door was wide open. The room had no bed only a desk with a computer and hanging in the window was a sign with the Brazilian travel agency that was running this groups tour. It kind of blew me away.

$$$$

jlsHouston

I have not run into any tour groups so far thankfully and all I can say is I am brushing up on my tex mex for are you doing , and I better not witness any pushing or shoving next week or I will personally remove that tour group member to the location of the nearest CM. I tend to cut the women with the strollers some slack... but large groups acting aggressively, oh no I just would not tolerate it at all.

ImagineerDude

The Brazilians were CRAZY Saturday. They hogged up EVERY fastpass distributing machine and line. Then they started chanting on Peter Pan and you could hear them from most scenes in the ride! They also were sleeping EVERYWHERE. We almost tripped over them trying to get into the Hall of Presidents for some cool air away from the boiling sun...I'm surprised Disney allowed it. It looked ridiculous and interrupted the theme almost. Main Street USA now has homeless people (that's what it looked like, I even snapped a picture :p)

I don't mean this in a rude way and I don't want to offend ANYONE, just making a point :)

jlsHouston

The Brazilians were CRAZY Saturday. They hogged up EVERY fastpass distributing machine and line. Then they started chanting on Peter Pan and you could hear them from most scenes in the ride! They also were sleeping EVERYWHERE. We almost tripped over them trying to get into the Hall of Presidents for some cool air away from the boiling sun...I'm surprised Disney allowed it. It looked ridiculous and interrupted the theme almost. Main Street USA now has homeless people (that's what it looked like, I even snapped a picture :p)

I don't mean this in a rude way and I don't want to offend ANYONE, just making a point :)

omigosh and no CM did a thing about this ????

ImagineerDude

omigosh and no CM did a thing about this ????
They were EVERYWHERE. Not even joking! A CM had to see them. Here are some places- during the parade in front of HoP, by small world and PPF, Main Street, Pirates, and some I didn't see I'm sure. It was horrible! We only went for one day to the MK, but from 9am to 11pm we saw a TON. Why pay $95 to get in, then sleep? o_O

ImagineerDude

post the pic you snapped so we can send it to disney ? I got over 5000 bucks into the trip next week and I am fixing to let everyone at the kingdom know they best get these tour groups under control by July 26th.
Honestly, they didn't ruin the day, it was just odd and only REALLY obnoxious at the monorail at the end of the day when they wouldn't listen to the CM's telling them to move all the way down. There were a TON of first timers (in fact, I took one) and they sometimes are more annoying than foreigners!

TERRILYNN

Oh my gosh how awful!!!! I hope they are gone by the end of next month when it's our turn to be there. I cannot even imagine having to deal with all that on vacation! How rude of people! Sounds like a pack mentality... get a few of them together and its fine, get a whole slew of them and forget it! :( Glad you at least got a peaceful resort.

jlsHouston

well I am trying to get thru to group reservations , but as far as the BC goes they think the brazillian tour groups are at the All Stars and CBR

fosse76

I'm always afraid of getting a cast member in trouble by telling corporate about something they gave me like an upgrade. Since TDO is so revenue-focused, can a cast member chime in and let us know if the hotel person would get in any trouble for giving you that upgrade?
Of course they don't get in trouble. If they did they wouldn't do it. By upgrading you for free, TDO hopes it will convince you to return at the upgraded-level on future visits.

Here is why I ask, and it's something I still feel really bad about. But back in 1997 or so, my husband and I were in NYC and we ate at the restaurant the Rainbow Room on top Rockefeller Center. It was our anniversary and the waitstaff was just tremendous. We had a lot of fun and developed a nice rapport with the waiter...who then at the end of our meal asked us to come with him. He snuck us up a flight of stairs to what turned out to be the abandoned observation deck from the 30s (this has since been remodeled and opened to the public, but back then it was off limits). It was an unobstructed view of the city from up there with no railings or fences and just the staff up there smoking and keeping it a secret to themselves. It was one of the greatest gifts ever to go up there and it was pure magic. The waiter really made the anniversary once in a lifetime by taking us up there.

Well, my husband had a lot to drink and he thought he was doing a nice thing on the way out by telling the manager at the front what a great time we had...and instantly I knew he got the waiter in trouble by telling him he took us up to the roof. I saw the look on the manager's face as soon as the words came out of Earl's mouth. I don't drink, so I cut in and told the manager that Earl was just kidding and was drunk...and lamely I tried to cover by saying that the waiter made us feel like we were dancing on the stars and we felt like we were on top of the world, which is what my husband "meant to say". Earl was so drunk he was arguing with me saying "No, remember when he took us up the stairs to the roof?".

I have never known what happened after we left but it breaks my heart to think the kid got in any trouble because my husband is a big mouth. I just have run into enough nasty mangers to know that when a staff member goes out of their way to do something nice, it's best to be VERY nonspecific in any kind of complimentary letter you write.
That is completely different than being upgraded for free. What the waiter did is take you into a restricted area, where insurance most likely wouldn't cover any injuries that could have happened.

Just stress how understanding and kind they were...and how they found you other accommodations that were better. There's no need to mention in your letter that they bumped you up to a Deluxe Resort. If management wants to take the time to research your file and see where you were moved to, let them. But not putting that part in the letter prevents that part of the story from landing on the wrong person's desk at TDO who might be angry that a Deluxe Room at Wilderness was used for a Caribbean upgrades.
Not going to happen. If anything, the fact that someone was injured by another guest on Disney property opened them up to liability issues...TDO is sighing with relief that the upgrade was an acceptable solution.

You might think you are doing something very nice, but I know you would feel really bad if your letter of compliment ending up costing the cast member her job because she went above what she was supposed to do to make you happy.
Won't happen.

That's why a cast member should chime in who is familiar with working in the hotels...to see if there is any chance of the hotel clerk getting in trouble before you announce to corporate what she did for you.
I'm not a CM but can pretty much guarantee that the CM wouldn't get in trouble.

boopuff

Tour groups are easy to avoid, just look for the flag and turn the other way! We went in January and found many groups then! I'm hoping they're cleared out before I arrive!

StupidJudy

I'm taking my boyfriend for his first time to Caribbean Beach in October! That probably wasn't the main point of your post but just thought I'd mention it :).

Contrast

Back in 2010 I don't remember seeing many tour groups in the World. Going back again this week and I just hope that it isn't an issue this time because they can really ruin a vacation if they are reckless and causing havoc in the parks. If I encounter a reckless group who are jumping the lines and pushing people out of the way, I'll be sure to ring the police and let a senior CM know about it. It's just a shame that the CMs don't seem to do much about this.

Rinx

Original Poster
I had no idea that we could have made this a legal issue. I think that would really stick it to the higher-ups about the unruly type of people they are letting stay on property. If anything like this ever happens to any of you, DON'T HOLD BACK!!!

Patricia Melton

I had no idea that we could have made this a legal issue. I think that would really stick it to the higher-ups about the unruly type of people they are letting stay on property. If anything like this ever happens to any of you, DON'T HOLD BACK!!!

I think "don't hold back" is a great motto to live by.

Another thing: ALWAYS write a letter about a bad experience and send it to the CEO as well as whatever customer care department you are referred to.

I actually always write to the CEO and just CC: the other appropriate people. I also CC the CFO because I figure that person does not hear from the public often. I'd like someone in that C-suite to start asking the question of "what's going on that random customers are writing us in the C-suite and complaining...someone light a fire and look into this".

I have always gotten a very quick response when handling the letter writing this way.

If it's a VERY serious issue, be sure to send the letter to the CEO via FedEx. It's a guarantee that the CEO will actually read it if it's FedExed. A regular envelope goes to the mailroom for sorting...but a FedEx gets delivered right to the CEO's office. Most CEOs actually open their own FedEx letters but leave the other mail to their assistants. It's very rare for a member of the general public to invest the time and energy and money in sending the CEO a FedEx.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom