I Can't Believe 'Ohana!

Kman

We are scheduled to be in WDW from November 4-16th. I have been trying to book a dinner for 5 at 'Ohana since the 180 window opened up and I cannot get a time slot despite trying multiple days.

I thought that time period would be relatively slow at WDW. Most other things are easy to book but this restaurant is crazy! We have eaten there many other times including in the summer and never had this kind of problem booking.

Does anyone have a table for 5 they want to give up?? Maybe we can time it as you cancel and I book! ;) Is anyone else finding this?

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I was there solo in a studio and they let me order the child side portion. It was a lot of food.

I'm really bummed now I didn't know. I ended up with an okay salad from Captain Cook's when I really wanted that 'Ohana salad with the passion fruit dressing....and skewers of streak and shrimp. :(

Upvote 0
The Touring Plans dining tool really is great. Knowing that O'hana is so busy, I actually tested the tool for a reservation there before our last trip. I got a notification that something was available about a month out. I'd definitely suggest giving it a go.

Upvote 0

paigelovesdisney

good point...I didn't put that together. We actually looked in to free dining but being DVC guests it wasn't available to us. I guess I just keep trying and see if I get lucky at some point
I'm sure you already know but I wait until a day or two before we go and keep checking for cancellations. Last year in November we got lucky and snagged a spot that someone had cancelled.

Upvote 0

JTT

With online reservations, it only takes a few minutes to check. So keep on checking.

There have been many times I couldn't get a reservation but I would check back everyday and eventually I got what I wanted.

Upvote 0

Kman

Original Poster
There have been many times I couldn't get a reservation but I would check back everyday and eventually I got what I wanted.[/QUOTE]

I actually have it open on one of my screens at work and just click on it several times a day...no luck yet!

Upvote 0
I must absolutely recommend TOURING PLANS REservation Finder. This tool is absolutely a must have . This has gotten me very difficult to secure reservations at Ohana ( 6pm and 8Pm ) Chef Mickeys, BOG, California Grill ( Fireworks time!) Le Cellier, the last 2 years. I tried 180 days the minute I can make ADR's and was unsuccessful for some of these. I plugged them into Reservation finder and I was able to get all of them during our stays. Some came 30 days out some came 2 weeks out some came 1 week and even 24 hrs. Just sign up and wait for the Good News. But act fast. as soon as you get the alert log in to MDE and snag it! Don't delay.

Upvote 0

JChoma

'Ohana is ALWAYS hard to get it's just very popular no matter when your going. You are going during free dining so that makes it even harder to book the popular places. Just booked ours Friday for end of Nov-mid Dec and we got 'Ohana just fine but we are only 2. We even got BOG for dinner and several other hard to get faves. Now I couldn't get 'Ohana my first night for tradition we love to eat there first but did get it later in during our trip. We don't do free dining but always go during it and lots of places will be harder. Just keep trying and you will likely get it. Also you can sign up for Mouse Dining (search online) for free to alert you up to 6 places if they become available. ;)
Thanks for the Mouse Dining tip! I just signed up! :)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom