I Can't Believe 'Ohana!

Kman

We are scheduled to be in WDW from November 4-16th. I have been trying to book a dinner for 5 at 'Ohana since the 180 window opened up and I cannot get a time slot despite trying multiple days.

I thought that time period would be relatively slow at WDW. Most other things are easy to book but this restaurant is crazy! We have eaten there many other times including in the summer and never had this kind of problem booking.

Does anyone have a table for 5 they want to give up?? Maybe we can time it as you cancel and I book! ;) Is anyone else finding this?

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
'Ohana is ALWAYS hard to get it's just very popular no matter when your going. You are going during free dining so that makes it even harder to book the popular places. Just booked ours Friday for end of Nov-mid Dec and we got 'Ohana just fine but we are only 2. We even got BOG for dinner and several other hard to get faves. Now I couldn't get 'Ohana my first night for tradition we love to eat there first but did get it later in during our trip. We don't do free dining but always go during it and lots of places will be harder. Just keep trying and you will likely get it. Also you can sign up for Mouse Dining (search online) for free to alert you up to 6 places if they become available. ;)

Upvote 0

Kman

Original Poster
'Ohana is ALWAYS hard to get it's just very popular no matter when your going. You are going during free dining so that makes it even harder to book the popular places. Just booked ours Friday for end of Nov-mid Dec and we got 'Ohana just fine but we are only 2. We even got BOG for dinner and several other hard to get faves. Now I couldn't get 'Ohana my first night for tradition we love to eat there first but did get it later in during our trip. We don't do free dining but always go during it and lots of places will be harder. Just keep trying and you will likely get it. Also you can sign up for Mouse Dining (search online) for free to alert you up to 6 places if they become available. ;)

Thanks so much for the advice...I didn't know about that website. I now have an account and have saved my 6 free searches so we'll see!

Upvote 0

SteveW

Our 180 day opened up yesterday and I tried booking 'Ohana for our last night of stay....all booked up for 5 nights of our stay and 9:30 for another. Today I was able to book for our 2nd to last night. So keep checking.

Upvote 0

sxeensweet

Thanks so much for the advice...I didn't know about that website. I now have an account and have saved my 6 free searches so we'll see!

Now do note most alerts come under 30 days before I noticed due to people canceling etc more than likely. And at 60 days too due to FP's probably. Also even though you get the alert someone may have the same or just someone beats you to it by the time you get onto MDE etc. But it does work. I got several this way. ;)

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

If you want to take a many-pronged approach, you could also sign up for the touringplans "Reservation Finder" tool. It took a few weeks, but it found us a hard-to-get Hoop-Dee-Doo reservation last time we visited (as well as 3 or 4 Be Our Guest lunch ressies -- it took that many before I could click through fast enough to snag the available reservation when the text came in to let me know that one had popped up!)

https://touringplans.com/walt-disney-world/reservation-finder

Upvote 0

sxeensweet

generally will it be very busy?
We have been during Jersey week a few times and don't find it makes a huge impact at all. Yes you may see some extra people but it's not like it's a time that all states etc are out. You will be fine. ;)

Upvote 0

Amos1784

Just another tip, sometimes parties of 5 have a harder time booking. If you book for 4-6 you have more availability and luck. If you can book for 4 I would do it and then when you get there say you are adding a 5th person, 99% of the time this will not be a problem. If you book for 6 as long as you show up to the reservation you will not be charged for the extra person. This happened with us for 11/21 at Yak and Yeti, absolutely nothing for 5 but once you put in 4 people a whole bunch of availability popped up. Good Luck!

We are scheduled to be in WDW from November 4-16th. I have been trying to book a dinner for 5 at 'Ohana since the 180 window opened up and I cannot get a time slot despite trying multiple days.

I thought that time period would be relatively slow at WDW. Most other things are easy to book but this restaurant is crazy! We have eaten there many other times including in the summer and never had this kind of problem booking.

Does anyone have a table for 5 they want to give up?? Maybe we can time it as you cancel and I book! ;) Is anyone else finding this?

Upvote 0

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
If you are staying at the Poly the Ohana room service is great.

I thought they did that just for the bungalows. If only I'd known that when I was sitting in my studio, debating if I wanted to get a frozen pizza to heat in the microwave or visit Captain Cook's.

Upvote 0

sxeensweet

I thought they did that just for the bungalows. If only I'd known that when I was sitting in my studio, debating if I wanted to get a frozen pizza to heat in the microwave or visit Captain Cook's.
Lol! Nope it's for all guests. Definitely would be a must for us if we stay at the Poly in the future. ;)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom