I can’t quit you!

mdcpr

My trip is at end of November. I’ve read 3 planning books, I’ve made perfect touring plans, I got all my ADRs, I know which FPs I need. And now the wait! I keep checking this board for more tips and info. I know quite a lot by now. I think my OCD is kicking up a gear with Disney planning. :)

mollygirl21

It really is very addictive - we're not going until Feb and I think about it all day every day :joyfull: I love this part! But it's also excruciating 🤪

I spend a whole lot of time planning and thinking about every minute of the trip and then it all goes out the window when we get there other than some very loose plans based on FPs. No ADRs for us this trip but I'll still do a spreadsheet! What else is there to do until Feb??!

Upvote 0

mdcpr

Original Poster
It really is very addictive - we're not going until Feb and I think about it all day every day :joyfull: I love this part! But it's also excruciating 🤪

I spend a whole lot of time planning and thinking about every minute of the trip and then it all goes out the window when we get there other than some very loose plans based on FPs. No ADRs for us this trip but I'll still do a spreadsheet! What else is there to do until Feb??!
I know!!

Upvote 0

mollygirl21

I love the planning but you really have to make sure you don't go overboard because you may set yourself up for disappointment if your plans go off the rails.
Plan but be flexible and roll with it.
My method is to spend months researching, planning, dreaming, making a spreadsheet, and then once we get there I make a simple little recipe card each night with the next day's "must-do's" , FPs, and ADRs and stick it in my pocket and head out for the day.

The quick reference card is a must for me so I don't lay awake all night trying to remember those "must-do's" like a specialty drink or shop I want to check out

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

I am the planner and as soon as the last trip was over, I started making a wish list for the next trip. We always plan early but watch for refurbs, closures and any changes that can affect our plans before we go. No matter how well we plan we are always thinking up something else to do or some change/ alteration we can make to tweak the plans to make the trip to WDW just that much better. Its a never ending process that is totally enjoyable. Weve never had a trip that was bad or came home thinking we failed to do something we wanted to do.

Upvote 0

Nottamus

My trip is at end of November. I’ve read 3 planning books, I’ve made perfect touring plans, I got all my ADRs, I know which FPs I need. And now the wait! I keep checking this board for more tips and info. I know quite a lot by now. I think my OCD is kicking up a gear with Disney planning. :)

April 2014, the wife and I took our one trip to Disney after talking about it for years. Read a lot, planned a lot....over planned

turned out, we ended up DVC in 2016, and THIS November will be 11th trip! It happens...

Happy Planning

Upvote 0

KellBelle

I feel the same way! We took our first trip to WDW back in December of 2017 (have been to DLR many times) and now are heading back to WDW about the same timeframe as you are. In the past 2 years, I have been reading constantly and watching several different YouTube channels. It is very addicting! I have found the trip reports on here to be just so awesome, I have seen and read SO many cool things that we did not see or do back in 2017. I am excited to head back with sooooo much more knowledge. I hope you have a fantastic time! :joyfull:

Upvote 0

correcaminos

I'm going to give an honest piece of advice. Have realistic expectations. People on forums are so big into "this is the perfect __________" (fill in the blank) and sometimes it's either 1. not really your thing when it comes down to it, 2. overhyped and below expectations or 3. it's not really feasible in the plans even though you think it is. So if plans have to change, roll with it. Don't expect too much. If you miss a ride, don't dwell on it. Food is only food and nothing is super important to try. Enjoy it, and take breaks when you can. Try not to kill yourself having a good time. We would come back from trips exhausted and felt let down really, so it's okay to sit back and not do anything but enjoy the moment.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom