I believe tickets expiration dates are changing right now?

filipe

Original Poster
Forgive me if this is being discussing somewhere, but I have 5 unused tickets on MDE and *one* of them is now valid through Sept 26, 2021. This change literally just happened, but only for one of them. All others are still valid through Dec 15, 2020.

Did this happen to anyone else? Haven’t seen people talking about it.

Those tickets are not tied to any of the resorts, btw. We were staying offsite. We never got to make any FP plans and I had already manually cancelled restaurant reservations a couple of months ago. So, just tickets.

disneygeek90

My brother has 2 days left from his 3 Day Discover pass bought back in February. The valid date still says 7/31, assuming that will be extended but not sure how long.

Schema

Is there a way to find this information online? I've looked in the My MagicBands and Cards and I see a few different types of passes that I have, but I don't see a way to view the expiration information.

disneygeek90

Is there a way to find this information online? I've looked in the My MagicBands and Cards and I see a few different types of passes that I have, but I don't see a way to view the expiration information.
In the app you click the 3 lines at the bottom right and it's under "tickets and passes."

My AP expiration date hasn't changed yet.

RememberWhen

Here’s an example of my niece’s ticket:
9A0258D8-D4AB-4047-8BBD-4ABA88405C8F.jpeg

ilovetotravel1977

I have Canadian Rate tickets and my expiration still says 12/31/2030, but I know they are only good until December 31, 2020. They are vouchers until I go to Guest Service to have them activated to enter the parks.

I should also add that they are flexible date tickets.

Hcalvert

I had a 1 day flexible ticket that was to expire at the end of the year that has gotten extended to 2021 and a single day ticket that was set to expire Sept. 30, but is now good until September 26, 2021. I was given these tickets for free and hated to see them expire, so this works for us since we have renewed our APs until July 2021.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
My 10 day date specific park tickets for August now say valid August 19, 2020 through Sept 26, 2021. That’s new today. They are still linked to my August reservation that I haven‘t cancelled yet.

solidyne

Within these expanded dates, is it possible to spread a six-day pass over multiple visits within that time frame, or must the six days still be used within a ten-day span within the larger window?

(I hold a 6-day that is valid until 9/2021.)

RememberWhen

Within these expanded dates, is it possible to spread a six-day pass over multiple visits within that time frame, or must the six days still be used within a ten-day span within the larger window?

(I hold a 6-day that is valid until 9/2021.)
I’m curious about this too. I’m going to assume that the standard rules apply (must use a 3 day pass within 5 days, or whatever it is) but it would be great if there was some leniency on that. We had a DCL Cruise planned and my niece and her daughter were planning two days prior to the cruise. So they have 2 day park hoppers. The cruise was rescheduled for February but they can’t do two days together. One before and one after. So currently they will see what their flight options are and pick before or after. It’s a conundrum.

solidyne

I’m curious about this too. I’m going to assume that the standard rules apply (must use a 3 day pass within 5 days, or whatever it is) but it would be great if there was some leniency on that. We had a DCL Cruise planned and my niece and her daughter were planning two days prior to the cruise. So they have 2 day park hoppers. The cruise was rescheduled for February but they can’t do two days together. One before and one after. So currently they will see what their flight options are and pick before or after. It’s a conundrum.
Yes, indeed. I'm sure many folks have a situation similar to your family's.

One would think the ten day window applies. However, these passes would always show in MDE as valid from, say, June 1 to June 10, meaning you can select the days you want within the time span. If all they did in the system was simply to change that window, we'd still be able to select any six days in that extended window.

Unless, that is, they've added other layers of programming. Perhaps we'll know once this park reservation system is rolled out.

cinderellafan6

My annual pass date has not changed either. I'm waiting to see when it does because my original expiration date is June 8, 2020. I don't know if I should renew now or wait...

Hcalvert

My annual pass date has not changed either. I'm waiting to see when it does because my original expiration date is June 8, 2020. I don't know if I should renew now or wait...
I called last week to get the partial refund and also to renew. I figured I got more than enough use of my AP without the discount. My AP expires on July 8. We are going to be at WDW on July 10 for 15 days and will be back in June 2021 for 7-10 days, so I will get enough park time in to validate the renewal. Based on my calculation to my expiration date, I am due about $400 back per pass (including tax). Not bad considering that I upgraded tickets from a free dining package and paid the difference for the AP I have now.

Last edited:

RememberWhen

I called last week to get the partial refund and also to renew. I figured I got more than enough use of my AP without the discount. My AP expires on July 8. We are going to be at WDW on July 10 for 15 days and will be back in June 2021 for 7-10 days, so I will get enough park time in to validate the renewal. Based on my calculation to my expiration date, I am due about $400 back per pass (including tax). Not bad considering that I upgraded tickets from a free dining package and paid the difference for the AP I have now.
Wait. You got a partial refund and renewed? How did you calculate what your refund would be? And did the CM confirm that amount?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom