I believe tickets expiration dates are changing right now?

Jenifurby

They are running this close to the edge for those who need it by Monday.
I'm on hold waiting to talk with VIPassholder support because 2 of our passes expire 7/1/2020 and haven't been extended and I need to make theme park reservations on Monday.

I've been on hold 30 minutes so far and counting...
I keep checking the app hoping the dates have changed

Gillyanne

I'm on hold waiting to talk with VIPassholder support because 2 of our passes expire 7/1/2020 and haven't been extended and I need to make theme park reservations on Monday.

I've been on hold 30 minutes so far and counting...
I keep checking the app hoping the dates have changed

Did you get through to anyone yet? I called the Pass number (WDW PASS) and was sent to something related to Resorts first, That wait was only about 15 minutes when I first got through on the number at 4:55 EDT. Then when they couldn't help me they were supposed to put me through to Ticket services, was on hold at least an hour (I really lost count) and ended up getting someone from something like Internet Services... After spending some time on with them (they wanted to make sure what we were asking could be done before transferring) we were then transferred to Ticket services... that was at least another hour hold, then that person mis-understood my "renewal downgrade" (missing the word renewal) and I was on hold for another 30 minutes or so while they verified if they could do that, once they were back and understood what I wanted to do was renew but for a lower tiered pass, we finally got it squared away.

After all was said and done, it looks like I was on the phone 3hr 24 minutes.

But hey at least we're all squared away with passes that will be valid when the reservation system goes up

Jenifurby

Did you get through to anyone yet? I called the Pass number (WDW PASS) and was sent to something related to Resorts first, That wait was only about 15 minutes when I first got through on the number at 4:55 EDT. Then when they couldn't help me they were supposed to put me through to Ticket services, was on hold at least an hour (I really lost count) and ended up getting someone from something like Internet Services... After spending some time on with them (they wanted to make sure what we were asking could be done before transferring) we were then transferred to Ticket services... that was at least another hour hold, then that person mis-understood my "renewal downgrade" (missing the word renewal) and I was on hold for another 30 minutes or so while they verified if they could do that, once they were back and understood what I wanted to do was renew but for a lower tiered pass, we finally got it squared away.

But hey at least we're all squared away with passes that will be valid when the reservation system goes up

I finally got through at 1 hr 25 minutes, internet services answered. Of course my pass was extended about 5 minutes before I got through, however 2 of passes still have the original expiration date. The cast member said they are working around the clock and call back on Sunday if the date hasn't changed.

RememberWhen

Did they take payment over the phone?
We have unused DVC Gold passes that we want to upgrade to platinum For our December trip. I called yesterday and only waited about 10 min, the CM at resorts couldn’t help but transferred me to DVC member services (I had tried that number and only got a busy signal). I was on hold for an hour. The CM initially thought she could help, put me on hold and then came back 20 min later to say that it’s not possible to upgrade a pass over the phone. That we should come and do it in person at the parks. I told her that was ridiculous. I’m not flying to Florida over Christmas week if I don’t know I can get in the park. She was pretty cranky. She tried To transfer me to ticketing, but the line was disconnected. So I’ll have to try again today.

pdude81

We have unused DVC Gold passes that we want to upgrade to platinum For our December trip. I called yesterday and only waited about 10 min, the CM at resorts couldn’t help but transferred me to DVC member services (I had tried that number and only got a busy signal). I was on hold for an hour. The CM initially thought she could help, put me on hold and then came back 20 min later to say that it’s not possible to upgrade a pass over the phone. That we should come and do it in person at the parks. I told her that was ridiculous. I’m not flying to Florida over Christmas week if I don’t know I can get in the park. She was pretty cranky. She tried To transfer me to ticketing, but the line was disconnected. So I’ll have to try again today.
You want ticket services. They *may* be able to cancel the one and have you pay the difference for the other. Dvc ms can only help you buy a pass but not make any changes to it

RememberWhen

You want ticket services. They *may* be able to cancel the one and have you pay the difference for the other. Dvc ms can only help you buy a pass but not make any changes to it
Thanks. I tried. I was on hold for over an hour today but they can’t do anything until tickets for 2020 are available “later this summer.”
I’m hoping that maybe on the 24th I’ll be able to do something since our reservation extends into 2021. Maybe I’ll be able to upgrade then since they’ll be adding tickets to room only reservations.

Gillyanne

yes they did take payment over the phone but ours was considered a renewal and not an upgrade so I'm not sure if they do treat those differently. they did mention they weren't selling any new APs until ticket sales resumed but a renewal was different then buying a new ticket. I also could only pay over the phone if I was paying in full but it sounds like your DVC so that maybe your only option cuz I think monthly is only for Florida

Jenifurby

Well, my husband and son's passes haven't been extended yet. It's Sunday evening, now I get to stay on hold with Disney for hours probably. Hold Start time: 8:00pm EDT

Last edited:

Jenifurby

Well, my husband and son's passes haven't been extended yet. It's Sunday evening, now I get to stay on hold with Disney for hours probably. Hold Start time: 8:00pm EDT

Finally got through at 10pm, was told to pay to renew passes that expire on 7/1/2020 if I wanted to make park reservations in the morning, since they are still working on extending all the passes. As of this morning, still no extension, and not able to make park reservations with them in the party (so I took them out). Not paying for the renewal right now

crawale

yes they did take payment over the phone but ours was considered a renewal and not an upgrade so I'm not sure if they do treat those differently. they did mention they weren't selling any new APs until ticket sales resumed but a renewal was different then buying a new ticket. I also could only pay over the phone if I was paying in full but it sounds like your DVC so that maybe your only option cuz I think monthly is only for Florida
In 2019 I upgraded Silver Passes to Gold passes over the phone. they just charged the extra to my credit card.

scpergj

My son’s pass (florida resident silver, monthly) was extended last night by exactly four months; wife, daughter and I have not yet (same pass). Obviously they are working through these, so I’m not overly concerned.
I wasn’t worried about my families passes until today - I’m trying to book parks for a trip in October and can’t because our passes expire in September (and should be extended to December). Guess we’ll have to call....ugh

Amused to Death

I have two paid-in-full Platinum Plus passes that are still showing their original July 29 expiration as of this minute. No matter, though, as I’m planning to call about a refund.
Calling sure is fun, eh?

All day yesterday: "All circuits are busy. Please try again later."

So far, today: Beep, beep, beep, beep, beep, beep...

I'm definitely getting that "VIP Passholder" vibe! 😆

MrHappy

Why don't they just extend every current AP through 2021, didn't DL do that? Maybe to just select Passes at least - and those out of state, and those who are me? And not limit to 3 park days when traveling from far for 11 days in May. Is that too much to ask? It's actually a lot simpler for them to do - and less call agent overhead.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom