i am suppose to book my trip .... BUT I AM TOO MAD TO DO IT...

bjlc57

Original Poster
i am less then 6 months out from "going to WDW".. but right now.. I can't look at an ad.. I can't watch a special... I can't hardly discuss it with my wife.. For one of the first times in my life.. I have the money and the time and the imputes to go back to Disney.. over the years I have struggled with both time and MONEY, and yet I leaned on my wife enough to make it all happen for me and our family.. Don't get me wrong., She loves Disney as much I have ever have.. but she has to bend the bills to pay for all of this.. but RIGHT NOW.. I don't want to pull the pin and go.. I am afraid , one of Covid, but even more afraid that with the current pricing structure.. that in the end .. I WON"T HAVE A GOOD TIME>.

Disney in our minds could and we have anticipated that they will raise prices.. this is a given under the current regime.. but its HOW MUCH they have taken way that has kicked me in the guts.. TO PAY EXTRA JUST TO RIDE ONE RIDE... Walt would have fired the first person saying so in public or in a private meeting.. THIS IS NOT DISNEY.. and I don't care what UNIVERSAL DOES.. its like comparing Apples and CONCRETE.. they are not the same.. for one UNIVERSAL GIVES AWAY FREE DAYS.. right there its all different.. IT"S SNOT DISNEY... its concrete..

i Do not want to get on an airplane and come home and say.. IT WAS A BAD TRIP.. it was TOO MUCH MONEY.. or NOT ENOUGH PIXIE DUST.. or what ever.. because that would ruin my lifetime of never having a bad day in the park.. never having a bad day at disney.. I do not want that.. but right now.. I can't book this trip..

Its not a good situation and I have no real solution for it.. I am going to GO ONE MORE TIME.. this has been a PROMISE IN THE MAKING.. but i just want it to be a good experience and not a bad one for my grandchildren.. I don't want to be a " special customer" .. I want to feel like I have always felt, where truly this is ONE OF MY TRUE HAPPY SPOTS.. a place where i cry at happiness many many times in 8 days.. and especially when I leave.. I just can't do it at this time..

I just can't..

Oddysey

i am less then 6 months out from "going to WDW".. but right now.. I can't look at an ad.. I can't watch a special... I can't hardly discuss it with my wife.. For one of the first times in my life.. I have the money and the time and the imputes to go back to Disney.. over the years I have struggled with both time and MONEY, and yet I leaned on my wife enough to make it all happen for me and our family.. Don't get me wrong., She loves Disney as much I have ever have.. but she has to bend the bills to pay for all of this.. but RIGHT NOW.. I don't want to pull the pin and go.. I am afraid , one of Covid, but even more afraid that with the current pricing structure.. that in the end .. I WON"T HAVE A GOOD TIME>.

Disney in our minds could and we have anticipated that they will raise prices.. this is a given under the current regime.. but its HOW MUCH they have taken way that has kicked me in the guts.. TO PAY EXTRA JUST TO RIDE ONE RIDE... Walt would have fired the first person saying so in public or in a private meeting.. THIS IS NOT DISNEY.. and I don't care what UNIVERSAL DOES.. its like comparing Apples and CONCRETE.. they are not the same.. for one UNIVERSAL GIVES AWAY FREE DAYS.. right there its all different.. IT"S SNOT DISNEY... its concrete..

i Do not want to get on an airplane and come home and say.. IT WAS A BAD TRIP.. it was TOO MUCH MONEY.. or NOT ENOUGH PIXIE DUST.. or what ever.. because that would ruin my lifetime of never having a bad day in the park.. never having a bad day at disney.. I do not want that.. but right now.. I can't book this trip..

Its not a good situation and I have no real solution for it.. I am going to GO ONE MORE TIME.. this has been a PROMISE IN THE MAKING.. but i just want it to be a good experience and not a bad one for my grandchildren.. I don't want to be a " special customer" .. I want to feel like I have always felt, where truly this is ONE OF MY TRUE HAPPY SPOTS.. a place where i cry at happiness many many times in 8 days.. and especially when I leave.. I just can't do it at this time..

I just can't..

From reading your post it sounds to me like the best choice is probably not to go. You have already set the expectation that you will not enjoy the trip because the value proposition is no longer in your favor. I didn't renew my annual pass after 17 years of being an AP holder because I realize that I will not enjoy future trips due to the new systems installed, and paying more for less, etc. etc. In other words I cannot enjoy the trip when I am being made to feel like a sucker every time I walk through the gate. It took me a while to accept that the Disney I loved and grew up with is no more. Love will can often be blinding and it took me a while to realize and again accept that I was complicit in allowing Disney to abuse their relationship with me as a consumer. It has become a one sided relationship over the years. Too much take from Disney and not enough give. It is a relationship that is no longer in balance for me and my family. I hope one day my love for the parks will be rekindled. I hope they will win me back, but the only way it will ever get any better is if we stop giving them our money. I cannot accept paying more for less and will no longer be complicit in helping Disney build the systems that work against my own interest as a consumer.

my 2 cents. We are all different. Do as you wish.

Last edited:

jpinkc

I am right there with you, on not going. But I am going for my wife's birthday and a late anniversary trip. We did elect to stay off property for the FIRST Time ever. The level of Greed that Disney is showing and lack of meaningful investment in the parks is getting to be alot to much. It will probably be the first time excluding 2019-2020 that we havent been at least one time in a year. This might be our last as well. Its disgusting and heartbreaking for us too. Maybe we will go to DL again as at least it still seems to try and have some Magic and Pixie Dust but its far more expensive for us to get there than Orlando, so thats a real outside chance. I just dont see TWDC changing anytime soon, unless Walt comes again :bawling:

Vegas Disney Fan

We got home yesterday and had an amazing time. We didn’t use Genie+ or Lightning lane and didn’t find any of the standby lines bad. Hit the E-tickets first thing in the morning and it kind of makes G+ and LL irrelevant.

We took afternoon swim breaks, watched outdoor movies at the resort, made s’mores over the campfire, hit Disney Springs a couple times, spent a day or two at each park… Honesty none of the new changes made this trip any less enjoyable than any of the others we’ve taken.

JIMINYCR

Nice rant... youve joined the many who cant see anything positive about WDW and cant find anything that would give you pleasure. If you want the last trip to be a good experience then definitely dont go again... ever. Disney is never going to be what it was under Walt and they arent about to change the way they are doing business because you and others are refusing to go. Dont set your hopes that by not booking you will be sending a message and Disney will feel the pain. Some other family will gladly take your place in booking a spot and Disney will not miss you. They wont even notice youve gone and arent returning. So spend those dollars somewhere else and enjoy someplace that can please you.
I do agree with you that there are many things not right. I also hate changes that have taken place. Change is hard to accept especially when it hits you in the wallet. You are free to stay away if thats a better choice for you. I still can enjoy a trip back despite those things I dont like. Just dont fool yourself that Disney is being affected by you staying away. The bookings are still there, the crowds are still there and will continue to be in the future.

DfromATX

Wow, we went last February and had one of our best times ever and we're going again in January! I DON'T plan on buying Genie+ and I DO plan on having a fantastic time! As far as costs go, most of it should be paid for before you go and if you plan where you want to eat ahead of time, there shouldn't be too many surprises. I understand everything you said, but ultimately, your trip will be what you make of it.

MarvelCharacterNerd

2 suggestions:

1. Don't go - use the money and travel somewhere you've never been - the beaches or the national parks or if you can swing it, an international trip
2. Do Disney differently - go to WDW but instead of going to the parks, treat yourself to a resort upgrade and enjoy the amenities there and in Disney Springs OR go to a different Disney destination like DLR or Aulani to get a different experience OR price out a visit to Tokyo Disneyland or Disneyland Paris and have that as your splurge trip when you can afford it

If you don't think you'll enjoy the WDW parks now, then find something you'll enjoy more or differently.

JusticeDisney

Go. Or don’t go. Just know that whichever you decide will have zero impact on WDW. For every one person on a forum like this who cries and whines about every single change that is made, there are about a million more people who go to WDW and just enjoy the hell out of it. Personally, I am firmly entrenched in the latter category.

JusticeDisney

Because peopl disagree with Disney"s current management policy of charging for the air you breath does not mean people are whining and crying. As for the original posters concerns I would say don't go --take a cruise --there are plenty of great places to visit and see like Alaska, Iceland, Europe
If you don’t think that there are plenty of people who are whining and crying, then you haven’t been spending much time on this forum lately.

GimpYancIent

I just can't..
There are many diversions, entertainment options and getaways out there that have nothing to do with Disney. Widen your field of view, look around and you may be very surprised and find things that interest you. Yes! things that don't cost an arm and a leg either.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
That's your choice. We've chosen to make 4 trips so far since the reopening and have enjoyed ourselves. Yes, things are different and cost more, but things are different everywhere as economic realities have shifted. Choose somewhere that fits how much you're comfortable spending yet offers the amenities and entertainment you could enjoy.

MickeyLuv'r

Disney is never going to be what it was under Walt and they arent about to change the way they are doing business because you and others are refusing to go. Dont set your hopes that by not booking you will be sending a message and Disney will feel the pain. Some other family will gladly take your place in booking a spot and Disney will not miss you. They wont even notice youve gone and arent returning. So spend those dollars somewhere else and enjoy someplace that can please you.
I do agree with you that there are many things not right. I also hate changes that have taken place. Change is hard to accept especially when it hits you in the wallet. You are free to stay away if thats a better choice for you. I still can enjoy a trip back despite those things I dont like. Just dont fool yourself that Disney is being affected by you staying away. The bookings are still there, the crowds are still there and will continue to be in the future.
According to the AECOM- theme Index 2020, WDW attendance was down a whopping 68.1% (MK 66.9%, Epcot 67.5%, HS68%, AK 70%), comparatively Universal was only down about 62% (US62.5% IoA 61.4%)

For a few reference points among the top 25 theme parks worldwide: Efteling in the Netherlands was down 44.5%. Chimelong's Paradise was down 45.3%, and Chimelongs' Ocean Kingdom was down 59.1%.

It remains to be see what 2021 and 2022 will be. It is not at all a given that people will return. For 2020, MK was still the highest attendance 6,941,000, but #2 was Shanghai Disneyland 5,500,000, followed by Universal Studios Japan 4,901,000, which was closely followed by Chimelong's Ocean Kingdom 4,797,000 visitors.

And WDW's 2019 attendance numbers were very flat: MK up .5%, AK1%, Epcot 0%, and HS 2%. Star Wars land was supposed to be a big hit, but HS attendance only rose a mere 2%. Given how flat the rest of WDW was, and how hard it was to get a Boarding Group in 2019, those numbers were not at all impressive. In 2019, Chemelong's Ocean Kingdom rose 8.4% and Universal's Island's of Adventure rose 6%. Hagrid's did great things for Universal in 2019! (source: AECOM-theme park Index for 2019 and 2020)

Actually worldwide in 2019, Disney dropped .8%, while their competition crept closer. #2 Merlin Group went up .9%, #3China's Oct parks went up 9.4%, Universal was up 2.3% worldwide, and Fantawild was up almost 20%! (19.4%).

MickeyLuv'r

That's your choice. We've chosen to make 4 trips so far since the reopening and have enjoyed ourselves. Yes, things are different and cost more, but things are different everywhere as economic realities have shifted. Choose somewhere that fits how much you're comfortable spending yet offers the amenities and entertainment you could enjoy.
Someone recently posted in another thread that they just ate at Biergarten and it came to a whopping $141.29 for TWO people. (70.64 per person) Not only that, but lunch now costs the same as dinner.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Someone recently posted in another thread that they just ate at Biergarten and it came to a whopping $141.29 for TWO people. (70.64 per person) Not only that, but lunch now costs the same as dinner.

They've had single pricing for the Biergarten meal seating prior to the Covid closure (as in 2018). Its currently 46 dollars per adult with included non-alcoholic beverages up from $41 in 2018. I'm happy they're back to the buffet as the family-style wasn't good at all.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom