I am not going back to WDW until...

LovePop

1. Disney starts selling annual passes again.
2. All the resorts and their food courts are open (I like visiting them and eating at the food courts).
3. All the playgrounds are open (I have a toddler).
4. Masks and social distancing are no longer required (but maybe recommended.)
5. Parades and Fireworks are back. (I don't watch them, but I like the atmosphere of seeing a parade or fireworks going on somewhere.)
6. All the restaurants must be open.
7. My 3 daily fastpasses

Other conditions I would like to see return but can live without:
1. Minnievans. It was terrible to see them go.
2. Magic Express yellow tag luggage delivery

Disstevefan1

I will not return until WDW is back to how it operated prior to March 15, 2020.
Will it ever return to that? Who knows?
Will we there be a affordable platinum AP or equivalent? Who knows.

Between COVID and now the election, these are definitely causing sort of a "reset" for WDW.

It will be interesting what we have when its fully rebooted..

Last edited:
Upvote 0

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

I will not return until WDW is back to how it operated prior to March 15, 2020.
Will it ever return to that? Who knows?
Will we there be a affordable platinum AP or equivalent? Who knows.

Between COVID and now the election, these are definitely causing sort of a "reset" for WDW.

It will be interested what we have when its fully rebooted..
THIS is a very good metric. We know what WAS offered, at what price.

Upvote 0

ELG13

We always relyed heavily on fast pass and all the restaurants. Not having to cook is one of the perks of vacationing at Disney (for me lol) even though we stay in the cabins and can cook of we want, and fast passes allow us to not have grumpy kids we are pulling around. We would do our fast passes and whatever else short line we could get (little mermaid, pooh and small world are usually on rotation in between fast passes lol). But none are deal breakers yet. We will have our first post covid trip in January with the older kids so we can test run it before our big trip in April. I know a lot can change from January to April but I'm hoping that even if it doesn't get better, it won't get worse, so we have a bit of a baseline to operate from and know what to expect in April.

Upvote 0

Disstevefan1

We always relyed heavily on fast pass and all the restaurants. Not having to cook is one of the perks of vacationing at Disney (for me lol) even though we stay in the cabins and can cook of we want, and fast passes allow us to not have grumpy kids we are pulling around. We would do our fast passes and whatever else short line we could get (little mermaid, pooh and small world are usually on rotation in between fast passes lol). But none are deal breakers yet. We will have our first post covid trip in January with the older kids so we can test run it before our big trip in April. I know a lot can change from January to April but I'm hoping that even if it doesn't get better, it won't get worse, so we have a bit of a baseline to operate from and know what to expect in April.
I am guessing in January there will still be no fastpasses and will still require reservations for parks. I think there is a chance things will be more normal in April.

Upvote 0

ELG13

I am guessing in January there will still be no fastpasses and will still require reservations for parks. I think there is a chance things will be more normal in April.
Yeah that's what I'm thinking as well. If anything maybe will have fast passes or more dining options in April. Masks are the new norm for us so I'm not really worried if they are still required or not. We are just doing a quick 2 days at MK with the bigger kids in January so it's a good test run.

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member
Until more resorts re-open I doubt they will see much need for a whole lot of extra in-park restaurants to re-open, although some of the resorts may see more open if bookings pick up.

As for fastpass, in whatever guise, one of our insiders has suggested that won’t happen until social distancing can be relaxed. It makes sense when you consider that the FP lines often run alongside the stand-by lines, so people would be passing too close to each other if you had a lot of people using the FP line. It works OK just now with so few people using the FP lines.

Upvote 0

Cowboy Steve

We ended up cancelling (well, postponing/rescheduling) this year's December trip for most of the reasons the OP listed. We are going to come in December of 2021 and I hope many of the restrictions have been removed or relaxed, and the shows/parties/parades return by then. My wife and WDW both turn 50 in 2021 so it is kind of a must!

I may sound like a cheap old fuddy-duddy, but I just can't see paying a premium price to visit with only half the normal experiences available. If we lived close enough for one and two day trips it might not be too bad... but we can only afford (at best) one trip a year. And what really makes our trips special for us are things like the dinner shows (we have nothing comparable around here), the live shows in the parks... fireworks... parades... dessert parties... MVMCP... etc. Yup, the parties are overpriced but we really enjoy them anyway lol. For us it is the overall experience that makes the expense worth paying for each visit. All the parts contribute to the magic of being in the bubble.

Don't get me wrong, I totally understand the necessity for the current pandemic triggered restrictions and reduction in experiences. We will just have to be patient and hope there is some semblance of normality by then.

Upvote 0

Tomi-Rocket

Right now my plan is to not go back till 2022. I was there in Sept and Oct of this year and while I will definitely miss social distancing (no people right up my back? Hello! 😃) I am hoping that 2022 will see no more masks. Also I’ve decided to never go when it is oppressively hot so I figure that’ll leave me about 3, maybe 4 months in the year to visit. I hope, lol. 😬

Upvote 0

ELG13

We ended up cancelling (well, postponing/rescheduling) this year's December trip for most of the reasons the OP listed. We are going to come in December of 2021 and I hope many of the restrictions have been removed or relaxed, and the shows/parties/parades return by then. My wife and WDW both turn 50 in 2021 so it is kind of a must!

I may sound like a cheap old fuddy-duddy, but I just can't see paying a premium price to visit with only half the normal experiences available. If we lived close enough for one and two day trips it might not be too bad... but we can only afford (at best) one trip a year. And what really makes our trips special for us are things like the dinner shows (we have nothing comparable around here), the live shows in the parks... fireworks... parades... dessert parties... MVMCP... etc. Yup, the parties are overpriced but we really enjoy them anyway lol. For us it is the overall experience that makes the expense worth paying for each visit. All the parts contribute to the magic of being in the bubble.

Don't get me wrong, I totally understand the necessity for the current pandemic triggered restrictions and reduction in experiences. We will just have to be patient and hope there is some semblance of normality by then.
Not a fuddy-duddy at all! We love close enough so for us we can get our value in a few days. We never did the parades or dinner shows etc. We do, however, LOVE the parties. We often planned our large yearly trips around parties and other special ticketed events. While I don't anticipate anything to be totally back to normal for our April trip, we are ok with the things that won't be available but it's only because we know we will be back in a few months. If we only did on trip, at best, a year, I'd be the same way. I'd 2ant to squeeze every drop out of it I could. Our last trip was in 2018 because we had to cancel subsequent trips due to a personal loss and then the pandemic. Had I known it would be almost 2 years before we went back, I would have done so much more at that 2018 trip. So, i totally get it!!

Upvote 0

bdearl41

Gonna need those mask restrictions off before going back. Wearing a mask all day is no way to spend vacation. Hopefully this will be the case in late summer or fall 2021. Until then not spending the money. Note: I am not anti-mask, just tired of wearing them. Would rather stay at home over wearing one, regarded where I am.

Upvote 0

Chi84

Premium Member
Gonna need those mask restrictions off before going back. Wearing a mask all day is no way to spend vacation. Hopefully this will be the case in late summer or fall 2021. Until then not spending the money. Note: I am not anti-mask, just tired of wearing them. Would rather stay at home over wearing one, regarded where I am.
I'm with you on that one. We canceled two WDW vacations and will cancel another if masks are still required - hopefully it won't be too much longer now that there are vaccines being distributed. I suspect they will go from mandatory to recommended soon.

Upvote 0

FATHER OF FIVE

I couldn't agree more!!!

Upvote 0

Cowboy Steve

Yup. Agree 100%. Not anti-mask either. But if we are required to wear them, that means there is still a risk associated with visiting the parks. And that kinda pops the magic bubble, if you will. I go there to immerse myself in the bubble and minimize having to worry about the 'real' world 😁

Upvote 0

TTLUTS

I had a trip scheduled for April 2020 cancelled and rescheduled for August 2020 which we cancelled because of all the OP same reasons (especially FP+ for us)...........We are now scheduled for April 2021 and we will keep pushing it out until things are back to "normal" as much as possible...........For us, we wont go at all until these are reinstated......

There is ZERO incentive to stay at a WDW hotel right now:

1) FP (or new version of FP where we can still reserve in advance or guarantee getting on rides we want with no lines)
2) EMH
3) DIning Plan
4) Shows/parades
5) Fireworks
6) No masks
7) Restaurants all open

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom