Trip Report I am Jack's raging excitement

Merry Christmas to all my WDW Magic friends! We just returned from a wonderful 9 days at Disney that was jam packed with fun, food, and of course....these little beauties,

IMG_20181215_143720.jpg

We truly had many wonderful experiences and of the many trips we have had at WDW , this was one of our most memorable ones. I was eager to get this reported started as soon as we got home, but shortly after our return I was in a pretty bad car accident which slowed me down a bit.

IMG_20181224_093507.jpg

Thankfully I am ok, aside from a mild/moderate concussion when my head slammed into the steering wheel. The drivers of the other cars were ok as well. But lets rewind to appx two weeks ago when my radiator was not lodged into my engine and C and I were heading off to the warmer temperatures of Orlando!

As usual, we left the house early in the am in an effort to beat Atlanta traffic. We left around 6 am and within minutes there was an update on the radio that the highway was completely shut down due to an accident. We took an alternate route, but so did everyone else who had exited the expressway.

IMG_20181212_054451.jpg

It normally takes us about 20 minutes to get to Atlanta once we got on the highway, but with the hwy shut down it took a little over an hour. But once we got passed the accident and got back on the expressway, we cruised the rest of the way. A few hours later were in Fla!

IMG_20181212_093546.jpg

We stopped out or favorite breakfast spot in Gainesville, Maple Street Biscuit, for a quick meal.

IMG_20181212_105537.jpg

IMG_20181212_110527.jpg

IMG_20181212_110539.jpg

We got our food to go so we would not loose to much time. I'll say this, an ooey-gooey chicken bacon gravy biscuit is even better when its served in a small bowl.

As we got in the car, we noticed this man walking around the parking lot for someone to flash?

IMG_20181212_111226.jpg

We think he was looking for Phyliss from "The Office", haha.

We like stopping at Gainesville not only for the amazing biscuits, but also because its a little under two hours from WDW so it helps make the last leg of the drive feel pretty short. We take the 429 toll to Apopka becuase there is an awesome Publix we stop at to grab stuff for the room.

IMG_20181212_132846.jpg

We always get some our our "go to" beers (New Belgium) and I also get an experimental brew as well. Last trip in July I tried the Bimini Row and I was not pleased. This trip I went with Funky Buddha "Top Gun". I shall report on it later...And please note the Vitamin Water. Those who read my last TR may remember my nocturnal IBS and I was not about to let it happen again, lol!!! And C always gets lots of healthy fruits and snacks too!

We also take the 429 so we can exit off Western Way and take the back entrance to WDW which spares us from driving through Orlando traffic and is a much more peaceful drive, IMO.

For the holidays, some prefer to to be beneath the mistletoe, but we prefer to be under these...

image000000_06.jpg

Up next... checking in to our resort!

lostpro9het

I poured a "Hop Gun" IPA for the walk over to the studios. It was my first time trying this beer. Pretty standard for an IPA but I enjoyed it. I need to get on Untappd ,@lostpro9het . Perhaps Ill create an acct so for 2019 and I can be more official.

If you were a member youd know I was having a swell time at DTD
561542AC-91B4-48F2-B135-E518ED6F65D3.png

Of course you saw that on IG too.

Last edited:

Songbird76

It always says “schedule not available” but if you say 5 than 5 it is😎
I was going to say it must be somewhere around 5 because in 2016, we were going in to check in for our Tony's ADR when it started. My husband, being a foreigner and the Dutch not doing anything like our flag ceremony, was confused that I stopped until it was over. He didn't realize that's standard procedure for us. And I was watching Full House with DD a couple of days ago, and we got to the episode where Stephanie is going to school and DJ and Kimmy tell her she only needs to know the pledge of Allegiance. They recite it, and DD asked it that was a real thing. I said yes, we recited the pledge every morning in school at the beginning of school. They don't do anything like that here. I would guess that a lot of the people who don't stop might be foreigners....Canadians would still be speaking English, so you wouldn't necessarily peg them for foreigners, but they'd have no reason to salute our flag. And there may be some with religious objections, too. I remember there was a Jehovah's Witness boy in my class who wasn't allowed to participate in the recitation of the pledge. My husband and I were married less than 2 weeks after 9/11 and we did Disney/Universal for our honeymoon. Everyone was very patriotic at the time, flags everywhere, God Bless America on the radio several times a day...he thought it was nuts you don't need to make such a display to be proud of your country. And people would get offended if you weren't "American" enough...I think he felt a bit unwelcome, not being American. At the time, we still lived in the US....he was just as shaken by 9/11 as everyone else, but he didn't see how displaying flags and singing songs fixed anything. I doubt anyone means disrespect by it...it's just not something they are familiar with, OR they don't feel that saluting a flag is their way of being patriotic.

DisDadWoz

We do the room "wipe-down" as well with the Lysol/Clorox wipes. Just a precaution along with washing pretty much every dish/bowl/glass/pot/pan/silverware we think we'll use while in a room with a kitchen. I also didn't ever think to grab an adult beverage for the walk over from BW to HS. Brilliant!

amjt660

Premium Member
Hey!
Glad that you and the others were not seriously hurt inthe accident
But do not take concussions lightly my friend
Looks like the crumple zone inthe truck worked properly

Love the report so far
Kate sounds amazing - better than the interactions I had on my trip

Bust Stops - almost as good as C standing perfectly in front of the Animal Kingdom sign

Yes - that one was priceless

Max

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
We do the room "wipe-down" as well with the Lysol/Clorox wipes. Just a precaution along with washing pretty much every dish/bowl/glass/pot/pan/silverware we think we'll use while in a room with a kitchen. I also didn't ever think to grab an adult beverage for the walk over from BW to HS. Brilliant!
Nothing like a fresh beer for the walk to Studios, especially if the room was just decontaminated:cool:
baseline is a HS must do ! love the charcuterie plate! we leave on the 29th for our 7 day magic. we have 3 days at BW in the middle of the trip. it will be the first time my wife and I are staying there. any BW must-dos or must-sees?
For food: wife ALWAYS must get the Fresh mozzarella sandwich w/ oven dried tomatoes, arugula, and herb aioli on focaccia from Leaping Libations, the bar at the pool. And Ample Hills on the Boardwalk is great (in our opinion) for dessert. Belle Vue Lounge (located to the right of the lobby when you enter) has a peaceful atmosphere in the evening for drinks and a nice patio (but you cant see Illuminations from it). They also serve continental breakfast if you want avoid going down to the actual Boardwalk. Or simply walking around the Boardwalk at night (preferably w/a brewski) is always fun. And ESPN Zone and Big River are open late so its good to be able to get some food when you return from the parks.

Dont miss out on going over to the Yacht Club/Beach Club side as well. Crews Cup Lounge is one of my favorite places to have a drink on property. Its quiet, peaceful and I enjoy the decor. The "Crew Burger" is worth the $18 (IMO). Its a filet mignon burger with regatta sauce and bacon. There will be a picture of one soon on this TR.

Hey!
Glad that you and the others were not seriously hurt inthe accident
But do not take concussions lightly my friend
Looks like the crumple zone inthe truck worked properly

Love the report so far
Kate sounds amazing - better than the interactions I had on my trip

Bust Stops - almost as good as C standing perfectly in front of the Animal Kingdom sign

Yes - that one was priceless

Max
Thanks Max! And glad to see busT stops is catching on, lol. And for the record, I have tried to get C to pose in front of the AK sign again, but she will not. Not yet at least, hahaha!

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
Day 2 cntd...

We finished up at Baseline and then went to our first ride of the day, Star Tours. Good thing we had a FP since it was a complete walk on, smh. C's facial expression to express the waste of a FP.
IMG_20181213_121930.jpg

We got the Wookie Planet and the buzz droids. We would see this combo almost every time we rode this trip.

The gift shop removed the photo spot where you get picture imposed on a Jedi. My sisters boys get one very trip so hopefully it will just be moved over to Galaxy Edge.
IMG_20181213_123540.jpg

Next up was RnR and the quickest direction would be to make a right when exiting the gift shop and head towards Sunset, be we made a left and went straight back to Baseline! We needed to refuel for the long trek to RnR, lol.

IMG_20181213_124518.jpg

With drinks in hand we headed to RnR. We stopped behind the quick service spots to finish our drinks before going to the ride. We had a pretty nice view while we inebriated ourselves.

IMG_20181213_125345.jpg

After a few beers, a pretzel and cheese board, what better to do than go on a roller coaster?

wdw2018347149550157_414917343424_dsnyRes-base_dsnyLoc-reg.jpg

Up next, more HS!

amjt660

Premium Member
1546704647311.png

Him: "Maybe that last one was not a good idea!!??!!
Her: "Just smile, close your eyes, clamp your lips together and keep it all inside babe!!"

1546704780193.png

Him: OH NO - things do not sound good back there!

1546704842854.png

Her: "No problem at all - at this speed any projectiles will fly right back into their own faces!!!"

Max

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
Day 2 cntd...

After RnR we were able to get FP's for ToT but they were not until 5 pm. I was able to use the refresh "hack" on MDE and get the time down to about 30 minutes, yay! We used the time to browse around the shops and C was looking for a certain pin.

IMG_20181213_140007.jpg

She really liked the Marie toy/scarf thingy. We also noticed the Christmas Train set.

IMG_20181213_135855.jpg

We had not seen this before and we really like it. We did not put a tree up for Christmas this year since we were travelling but next year we will and we also want to a Disney tree in the dining room. This train is definitely the front runner for the base. The monorail is old hat, lol.

Shortly after our shopping, it was time to check in at ToT.
InShot_20190106_092208542.jpg

I should have bought the Marie scarf for C and perhaps she would not have strangled me.

After Tower, we checked the app and wait times in Toy Story Land were high so we headed back to the room for some lunch. We wanted to take a Friendship since the rerouted pathway was such a long walk but the line for the boats was insane. The weather was nice so we just walked back. We noticed a woman sitting on the opposite side of the lake and it looked like she was painting.
IMG_20181213_145946.jpg

We figured she was possibly painting the gondola platform that sits behind the pathway? But it was also a beautiful day and she could just be enjoying the location to paint. Back home in Atlanta it was raining and 40 degrees, but it was sunny and 65 in Fla!

IMG_20181213_150401.jpg

We stopped at Leaping Libations so C could get the mozzarella sandwich. They also serve Stiltsville Pilsner which is a favorite of hers so she ordered one, but as he was pouring it we noticed it was not the beer she ordered. The bartender said it was, but it had a new can. I noticed the beer was amber in color. Pilsner is not amber. I asked to see the can, and of course it was not Stiltsville. The bartender was very "New York-ish" in not only his accent but his attitude. He was not rude, just very slick in his manner of trying to convince C that she would like this beer even though she explained she does not like amber beer at all. He continued with "c'mon, try it, youll like it". I chuckled because C does not respond well to high pressure sales tactics. She is always polite, but will simply shut it down. She just gave him a long stare and said no thanks. He asks me if I want to try it and said he was gonna pour it out anyway. I said sure. Im not a huge fan of amber beer but it wasnt bad. So he hands C the bill and it had the beer on it. I thought he just gave it to us since he was gonna pour it out and I explained I wouldnt have tried if it he was gonna charge us. He said, well, if you didnt like it, I would have let you have it, but since you did, I figured you would pay for it. I just shook my head and paid him. It wasnt that serious but I didnt appreciate the slickness.

I wanted a cheeseburger from the stand on the Boardwalk so we headed overt there. It takes a few minutes for them to make it so we got some pics while we waited. Here is on of me with my amber beer,

IMG_20181213_151253.jpg

IMG_20181213_152419.jpg

IMG_20181213_152436.jpg

I got my burger and we headed to the room to eat.

IMG_20181213_154153.jpg

They changed the bun for the burger, or at least that day they were using a different one. It was still good, but it was a bit thick. Hopefully its not permanent. C's sandwich was as good as always.

up next.. Epcot

lostpro9het

The bartender said it was, but it had a new can. I noticed the beer was amber in color. Pilsner is not amber. I asked to see the can, and of course it was not Stiltsville. The bartender was very "New York-ish" in not only his accent but his attitude. He was not rude, just very slick in his manner of trying to convince C that she would like this beer even though she explained she does not like amber beer at all. He continued with "c'mon, try it, youll like it". I chuckled because C does not respond well to high pressure sales tactics. She is always polite, but will simply shut it down. She just gave him a long stare and said no thanks. He asks me if I want to try it and said he was gonna pour it out anyway. I said sure. Im not a huge fan of amber beer but it wasnt bad. So he hands C the bill and it had the beer on it. I thought he just gave it to us since he was gonna pour it out and I explained I wouldnt have tried if it he was gonna charge us. He said, well, if you didnt like it, I would have let you have it, but since you did, I figured you would pay for it. I just shook my head and paid him. It wasnt that serious but I didnt appreciate the slickness.

I'm sorry, that bartender wasn't being slick, he was being a d&$#. That is straight up unacceptable.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
I'm sorry, that bartender wasn't being slick, he was being a d&$#. That is straight up unacceptable.
True, And in hindsight I should have just set the beer down and told him I didnt want it, but at least I had a beer while I waited for my burger so it wasnt a total rip off. Plus, C and I had some fun talking in a new york accent after our interaction with him.

Swissmiss

Premium Member

I agree. Plus, it used to be that you could not be served something different when you ordered a particular brand without your express consent. And as a bartender he should know that pilsners and ambers are very different (and this comes from someone who likes beer but is in no way an aficiando!) and not try to sneak it past you.

Pardonmypixiedust

@lostpro9het hit the nail on the head. also under no circumstances should that beer ended up on the bill. this is not the Disney way. while he may have made it rather comical he tried to slide that on the bill knowing there was a problem. glad you enjoyed the beer but this was really unacceptable.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom