I am going to be about 35 minutes away from the World!!

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
Original Poster
But unfortunately it's only for an hour long lay over at MCO before heading to Louisville.
We are cruising at about 30000 ft right now - took off from Hartford this morning and should be touching down shortly.
My best bud and I are heading for a five day guys only vacation with one of our good friends who recently moved to Kentucky. The bourbon trail may be in our future and perhaps a light version of the hangover without all the Leslie Chow drama. Should be fun.
But I would much rather be with the fam headed to wdw!
It was tough seeing families checking their bags with those yellow luggage tags we wre all familiar with!
Talk to a few families going down for their first times and I restrained my chit chat as best I could - as to not get the eye rolling from my friend...hahaha he's a great guy, but he's more of a mans man type of guy and although I actually got him and his family down to the World for their first time ( and they had a blast) he's way mor excited about this guys getaway than anything WDW related.

Anyway just checking in with the only peeps (outside my immediate family) that would understand the torture I'm about to go through!

JIMINYCR

Ohhhhh, to be soooo close. Pure torture.... but at least you have the guys to distract you and keep your mind off of .... yikes... I almost said it. Have fun, and remember all the fun you will have later when you go with the family.;)

ShookieJones

Original Poster
F
Ok, maybe my geography is bad...but...why fly from CT to Orlando to KY? Were there no closer / direct flights?

Have fun though, Louisville is a great town.

funny you should say that - we had a different plane but the same flight crew ( they're a riot) and we are have a bit of fun.. So when he sees us get on he goes " couldn't find a more direct route!!?"
Truth is this was the cheapest flight with the least amount of layover time.

Thanks we're back up and starting to get excited...

englanddg

One Little Spark...
We flew home from Orlando once by way of Cinncinati; it was really cool though - the weekend of Kentucky Derby, and all the ladies were carrying hat boxes.

I've been lucky enough to be in Louisville for the Derby (was opening a store in Clarksville, IN). It was in-sane...

ShookieJones

Original Poster
I had some good convos with a couple o' disney familys while we were grounded so i got a good fix... a little jealous but i was able to hide my evil glances, although i did slip up and mad a little kid with mickey ears cry..

in all seriousness Thanks for the well wishes and support in getting me through this rough hour guys and gals.

if anything good happens in kentucky i will post it in chit chat.

ShookieJones

Original Poster
Take it east Shookie! Dont want to see another " Hangover " film getting made in
Kentucky.LOL;)
We joked about the hangover references on the drive to the airport with our wives -

my buddy's wife said
"Oh yeah who's who?"

I said "we'll I'm obviously Bradley Cooper"

To which my wife responded " I wish..."

I think she likes his acting skills and wishes I was better at acting...right....?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom