I am exactly 60 days out today....

wdwtopten

...and I couldn't get a FP for 7 Dwarves or Avatar. I just need to vent and to say that it is absurd that at 60 days out I can't get these.

Also, the tiers at DHS are bad. Slinky Dog, ToT, RnRC, Alien Swing, and Midway Mania all at Tier 1?

Come on.

ppet

I agree completely, and for me at least I could get FoP on my 60 day window. It was only once at the end of my trip. I could only get 7DMT on one evening also. My trip is early Nov. Disney has definitely made DHS into a half day park for me. We will rope drop and then park hop away from there early. This was probably their plan all along to reduce crowds.

Upvote 0

DisneyJoe

Because you can book FP+ for the length of your stay, someone arriving the day prior to you (and even those arriving before that) get access to your arrival day and even further, making it more difficult for you.

Upvote 0

amp479

How long will you be there? I just did my fast passes today for my trip 11/17-11/23. I was able to get FOP the morning of 11/23 and 7D for late morning on 11/21. When I did my passes I started from Saturday and worked my way back.

Slinky Dog was the one that I had no luck getting. I could have gotten it for one night but I like to use up my 3 fast passes early in the day so I can schedule additional fast passes at the park that I go to later in the day.

My biggest complaint about this time is the new Tiers at Hollywood Studios, having all ride except Star Tours as Tier 1 is annoying. I can only hope that this change will make it easier to get some same day fast passes since everyone will be using their Tier 1 for Toy Story Rides.

Upvote 0

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
IDK I generally don't have trouble getting FP's.
Heck I got FP for 10 people for 7DMT at 30 days out the week leading up to Easter...
My suggestion is take any time you can get and then modify.
Also refresh the page.

As for the new tiers at HS yes it sucks. It sucks for everyone . Not just you.

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

I've never been able to get 7DMT or FoP at 60 days out -- so we don't plan on doing either one until mid-way through the trip (e.g., 62 or 63 days out), when we can get them more easily. OP, is your trip a short one such that you can only try for one or two days, or did you only try for your arrival day instead of later in your visit?

The HS tiers are a big bummer, for sure. I've run trip plans on touringplans every which-a-way for our February 2020 trip, and even with a rope drop arrival, we're dead in the water after the first hour, by which point all the lines for the Tier 1 attractions plus the 2 in Galaxy's Edge will all be up at 45 minutes or more. With only one meaningful Fastpass and insufficient time to do more than a couple of headliners before the lines become prohibitively long, there's just no successful way to tour HS anymore. To think, we used to knock out the whole park in less than a day, easily...

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

I've fortunately had good luck at 60 days in the past. Certainly there are the top tiered attractions that I have to accept unusual times or slots in the only days that are available. The competition has gotten worse and you have to get in early and start with the outer days of your trip week. I find it more frustrating getting my 3 choices done and then finding very few decent selections for the rest of my park day. I did get more repeat rides and better choices when the paper passes were in place.

Upvote 0

wdwtopten

Original Poster
I will be there for 6 days, so I will play the whole modify and refresh game that we all know so well.

It is just frustrating that it is such a chore to have the experience you want to have, even when you do everything 100% right.

Upvote 0

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
I will be there for 6 days, so I will play the whole modify and refresh game that we all know so well.

It is just frustrating that it is such a chore to have the experience you want to have, even when you do everything 100% right.
I do not find it to be a chore but rather I find it a fun part of the planning process.

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

So are you saying that you couldn't make FP+ for 7DMT or FoP for any day of your trip? Not even on days 2-6 (61-65 days out)?

If that's the case, I can't help but wonder if there's been a reduction in the number of FP+ distributed. I'd heard that Slinky Dog Dash can be gone as early as 63 days out, and that's supposedly the hardest one to get at present...

*EDIT: @wdwtopten, you may want to try tinkering with FP+ party sizes (splitting up the group, but trying to make FP+ for overlapping time slots). Touringplans is showing Fastpasses for FoP for a party of 1 (that's the only party size they report on) available starting the evening of 11/19 (62 days out), afternoon of 11/20 (63 days out), and all day on 11/21 (64 days out) and thereafter. 7DMT is available on 11/18 (61 days) in the evening, 11/19 and 20 (62 and 63 days) starting in the afternoon, and for all hours every day thereafter. T

Last edited:
Upvote 0

riored4v

Ran in to the same issue - Just booked ours at 60 days out and couldn't get 7DMT, Slinky Dog or Peter Pan. Was BARELY able to get a FoP, found one on almost the last day of our 10day trip. Even set my alarm for 7am EST (5am here) so I could try to make sure I got them.

Upvote 0

Janir

I was able to get 7DMT, but could not get FoP nor SDD on my 60 day mark last month's trip.
Disney has overbooked their resort vs FP inventory. They just plain need more attractions at this point. They SHOULD have been planning attractions in relation to resort capacity. Why Chepak doesn't get this IDK. Fine if you want to make a play for more resort guests out of the Orlando area, but realize if your drawing them into the Disney Bubble, you need to expand the bubble!!

Upvote 0

wdwtopten

Original Poster
*EDIT: @wdwtopten, you may want to try tinkering with FP+ party sizes (splitting up the group, but trying to make FP+ for overlapping time slots). Touringplans is showing Fastpasses for FoP for a party of 1 (that's the only party size they report on) available starting the evening of 11/19 (62 days out), afternoon of 11/20 (63 days out), and all day on 11/21 (64 days out) and thereafter. 7DMT is available on 11/18 (61 days) in the evening, 11/19 and 20 (62 and 63 days) starting in the afternoon, and for all hours every day thereafter. T

Thanks for this. I actually subscribe to touring plans but didn't know they provided this information!

I tried most of the days you listed above and fussed with the party size (sometimes 1, sometimes more) and it didn't make a difference. If there are FPs out there, I can't get them to show for me. Ugh.

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member
Thanks for this. I actually subscribe to touring plans but didn't know they provided this information!

I tried most of the days you listed above and fussed with the party size (sometimes 1, sometimes more) and it didn't make a difference. If there are FPs out there, I can't get them to show for me. Ugh.

Apologies if you already know this, but wanted to make sure.

If you already have a tier1 FP booked at a park, you won’t see other tier1 options unless you modify your existing tier1 FP.

You don’t already have Navii River Journey do you? That and FoP are both tier1 at AK.

And if you booked a tier1 FP at DHS, you’ll need to modify it to see other tier1 ride FP times.

The MODIFY option won’t lose your existing FPs until you confirm the changes.

Upvote 0

wdwtopten

Original Poster
Apologies if you already know this, but wanted to make sure.

If you already have a tier1 FP booked at a park, you won’t see other tier1 options unless you modify your existing tier1 FP.

You don’t already have Navii River Journey do you? That and FoP are both tier1 at AK.

And if you booked a tier1 FP at DHS, you’ll need to modify it to see other tier1 ride FP times.

The MODIFY option won’t lose your existing FPs until you confirm the changes.

I do know this, but I'm glad you pointed it out, in case someone else reads this later.

Upvote 0

ninjaprincesst

Wow I have never had problems getting fast pass for any of them, last year i got FOB for 2 different days and 7DMT for two days also easily got Slinky dog for our first day.

Upvote 0

ninjaprincesst

...and I couldn't get a FP for 7 Dwarves or Avatar. I just need to vent and to say that it is absurd that at 60 days out I can't get these.

Also, the tiers at DHS are bad. Slinky Dog, ToT, RnRC, Alien Swing, and Midway Mania all at Tier 1?

Come on.
Don't give up, in the past by checking back several times a day by the time our of trip I managed to get everything I wanted. I have also split up my group and had success for example for the three of us that were riding i got FOP for 9:05-10:05, 9:10- 10:10, and 9:15-10:15, so we all just went on at 10:15.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom