I-4 Construction

yensid67

Original Poster
We will be arriving in Sanford on the Auto Train and will need to get to I-Drive hotel. Since I-4 is in a MAJOR construction project, I was wondering what the drive is/will be like. I see that they are starting Church Street Station area now. How much of a pain is it to use I-4(1-avoid; 10-OK but be patient) Any help on other ways that won't take too long to get to I-Drive will be appreciated!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
The area between Church Street station and the exit for Hotel Plaza Blvd is pretty nuts right now and I unfortunately know of no good way around it. The lanes are narrow, you are boxed in with K-rails and I don't think the is more than an 8' section of road that is straight. It is basically a concrete paved rally course.

All you can do is back of the speed, keep your head on a swivel and deal with it is best you can. Avoid rush hour if at all possible.

The good news is you don't have that far of a drive.

lazyboy97o

If you are willing to pay the tolls and traffic is looking bad, you could take FL-417 to FL-528 Beachline West to I-Drive at the Convention Center. You could also get off at Universal Boulevard if you’re a little further north and want to avoid some of the I-Drive traffic.

yensid67

Original Poster
The area between Church Street station and the exit for Hotel Plaza Blvd is pretty nuts right now and I unfortunately know of no good way around it. The lanes are narrow, you are boxed in with K-rails and I don't think the is more than an 8' section of road that is straight. It is basically a concrete paved rally course.

All you can do is back of the speed, keep your head on a swivel and deal with it is best you can. Avoid rush hour if at all possible.

The good news is you don't have that far of a drive.
We won't get into Sanford until around 10am, get our car by 11am and be on the road! How long would it take if we took 417-528? How much would tolls be?

yensid67

Original Poster
Thank you all for your suggestions! I am sold on 417/528 route...as long as I remember that when we get there! LOL

yensid67

Original Poster
I looked at BING MAPS at the route(417 to 528) I think I will hop off at McCoy Road and hit Sand Lake just for familiarity! But I don't see any toll plaza's. Where are the toll plaza's or how many will I come across using the McCoy exit?

lazyboy97o

I looked at BING MAPS at the route(417 to 528) I think I will hop off at McCoy Road and hit Sand Lake just for familiarity! But I don't see any toll plaza's. Where are the toll plaza's or how many will I come across using the McCoy exit?
That can be a busy stretch of road, that also has construction going on, to jump on when you’re trying to avoid traffic.

nicb88

I believe the tolls are now as you exit the 528, on the on/off ramps.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom