Hyperspace Mountain: I find your lack of end date disturbing.

Janir

I suppose it’s time for my obligatory comment that Space Mountain needs to leave the overlays and improve its normal visual aesthetic. Could not the lazers that light up be modified into commets zipping by?
If they can do overlays, they can at least then FIX the effects, even if they have to overlay the old with new similar effects. It's NOT Rocket Science, it just looks like it.

Phroobar

It's better than every SW film since 1977, but the original SW movie is one of the best films of all time.
Even Empire Strikes Back?
giphy.gif

Rich T

Even Empire Strikes Back?
giphy.gif
My opinion: Empire Strikes Back is one of the most overrated movies of all time. It has a great first act and a great dual at the end. It's got the strongest, most memorable individual scenes of all SW films, BUT taken as a whole: The entire second act is lazy and sluggish. Han Solo can travel impossible distances at sub-light speed. Leia kisses her brother on the lips. And this is where the entire franchise took it first steps toward taking its nonsense way too seriously and Lucas started believing his own hype. Joseph Campbell my a__.

Still, I will always respect that original 1977 movie as the best 2 hours of world-building ever put on film.
(EDIT) Okay, maybe MotU isn't better than Empire. :D).

Rich T

"Empire" has nearly no plot. It's all set-up, and--unfortunately--the "payoff" for the set up was the sloppy, unimaginative "Return of the Jedi." It's to the credit of the extremely talented people who made "Empire" that the second SW film is as entertaining as it is. But--and this may be hard to believe for young-'uns these days--even when it debuted, "Empire" got its share of criticism for its awful dialogue, fortune-cookie "life secrets" and weak ending. John Williams's score saved the whole thing.

I would bet that most people watching Empire on video after a first viewing just skip right from the Asteroid chase to the duel at the end.

Phroobar

"Empire" has nearly no plot. It's all set-up, and--unfortunately--the "payoff" for the set up was the sloppy, unimaginative "Return of the Jedi." It's to the credit of the extremely talented people who made "Empire" that the second SW film is as entertaining as it is. But--and this may be hard to believe for young-'uns these days--even when it debuted, "Empire" got its share of criticism for its awful dialogue, fortune-cookie "life secrets" and weak ending. John Williams's score saved the whole thing.

I would bet that most people watching Empire on video after a first viewing just skip right from the Asteroid chase to the duel at the end.
tenor.gif

Phroobar

Oh, come on, just because I think Empire has a lot of issues doesn't mean other people can't love it! And, as I said, I do think it has the best individual scenes of the entire franchise. That's why it's so beloved: it has the most memorable moments. :)
I know. You guys are just being hard on pretty much everything lately. (except Rocket Rods/SSL) ;)

DrAlice

This thread has become every argument my husband and I have ever had about the original trilogy. lol...

I'm now scouring your responses for nuggets I can use to prove improve my arguments. :)

Please, carry on and make me proud. :D

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
I'm surprised Disney hasn't had JarJar make an appearance at HyperSpace. He should've been the safety spiel instructor over admiral akhbar.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom