HWS getting rid of ALL the shows?

skellitterixx

Original Poster
I had a cast member tell me on Friday that HWS was getting rid of ALL THE SHOWS! Like, Beauty and the Beast, Lights,Motor,Action! and a few others. I'm praying they leave in Indiana Jones! Can someone help confirm this up? :C

Sped2424

I doubt that they would remove all of the shows I can see batb being reformatted and VOTLM being changed as well considering how they both have a new place at the Magic Kingdom. As for LMA I can see it leaving for sure but Indy? That one I'm really not sure about it does draw in really big crowds and is a great show IMO but have had a lot of accidents and issues with the shows when it comes to the safety of the performers hopefully they don't get rid of it.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Indys been playing fine as a live stunt show to packed audiences for over 23 years. It is not cheap to run in the minds of TDO, and there has been talk of removing it, but I'd reakon on LMA going first.

Mermaid is 19 years old and is starting to show it, and there is the added appeal of the new new D Ticket in the MK. Theatre of the Stars is due a refurb but with no definate plans to change the show. Yet.

Perhaps the CM was confused with the parades being axed?

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
I can see Voyage and BatB being replaced soon. I can see LMA becoming Cars Land. I can even see Indy becoming Star Wars Land and Fant! being replaced (though I'd prefer a MAJOR update...). What I can't see, though, is ALL of these happening. Not only would it be too expensive, but DHS would be losing too much of their identity.
I'm assuming, for the sake of discussion, we're also not referring to the show with Mushu at Animation or the offensively bad Jack Sparrow show.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I can see Voyage and BatB being replaced soon. I can see LMA becoming Cars Land. I can even see Indy becoming Star Wars Land and Fant! being replaced (though I'd prefer a MAJOR update...). What I can't see, though, is ALL of these happening. Not only would it be too expensive, but DHS would be losing too much of their identity.
I'm assuming, for the sake of discussion, we're also not referring to the show with Mushu at Animation or the offensively bad Jack Sparrow show.

I could see all of that happening, but just not at the same time.

MaryJaneP

Unfortunately (because we like BatB and VOTLM) I can see this happening too. If this comes to pass, another strike against putting DHS on our vacation plans. More TSMM for everyone else.

rob0519

I had a cast member tell me on Friday that HWS was getting rid of ALL THE SHOWS! Like, Beauty and the Beast, Lights,Motor,Action! and a few others. I'm praying they leave in Indiana Jones! Can someone help confirm this up? :C

They can take LMA and replace it with anything, or leave the space empty as far as I'm concerned. It's an incredibly long walk for what I considered a mediocre show. Although the young boys in the audience seem to love it, so maybe I'm off base. I don't see taking out Beauty and the Beast or Indiana Jones. Both seat a good deal of people to get them out of the main part of the park for 90 minutes at a time and both appear to remain extremely popular.

bethymouse

DHS is not on our plans this time. :'( Sadly we only have 4 days and we're spending it @EPCOT&MK. I wouldn't be too sad if they did all of that!

RSoxNo1

There have been rumors about the following shows being removed/replaced:
  • Beauty and the Beast - Live on Stage
  • Voyage of the Little Mermaid
  • Lights, Motors, Action!
  • Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular
  • Fantasmic!
The others have had fan boy rumors/speculation/hope that they're going away as well:
  • Muppet*Vision 3-D
  • American Idol Experience
  • Playhouse Disney

Tim_4

There have been rumors about the following shows being removed/replaced:
  • Beauty and the Beast - Live on Stage
  • Voyage of the Little Mermaid
  • Lights, Motors, Action!
  • Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular
  • Fantasmic!
The others have had fan boy rumors/speculation/hope that they're going away as well:
  • Muppet*Vision 3-D
  • American Idol Experience
  • Playhouse Disney
Right. Renovated or replaced. Not axed entirely.

OP: Front line (costumed) cast members are often the worst sources of information for things like this. They usually know VERY little but tend to talk with a know-it-all authority that gives them false credibility.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom