Trip Report Hurricanes, Foot Pains and “What The Crocs Just Happened?” Anniversary Tale – A Sept/Irma 2017 TR (COMPLETED)

So here we are again… Another amazing trip is over.

IMG_4614.JPG

My original title for the is report was:

The Best-Laid Plans Of The Mouse & Men…
because so many of our carefully thought out schedules & plans were completely turned upside down by Irma and other “forces” along the way.

However, Ross and Julia who do not share my love for Robert Burns or John Steinbeck vetoed that and came up with their own title.

Before I begin our tale, I want to express and offer our thoughts and prayers to all who suffered in Hurricane Irma as well as Harvey & Maria. There are times when I joke about the fact that we were in Florida during the hurricane, but in no way do I not realize the devastation that was caused to so many.

That being said... Let the Trip Report begin! Who’s in?

Figment Forever

Original Poster
Again we said our goodbyes. Ross returned to POR and slept until the next morning.

The girls and I rode Soarin and then decided to go use our return FP for TT. Thankfully, we would have no more problems with a storm system this time and away we went.

IMG_6057.JPG

PhotoPass_Visiting_EPCOT_8099345543.jpeg
IMG_6067.JPG

Since there was no wait for MS, we sadly orbited the earth again and then went off to find Nemo.

IMG_6071.JPG

Then we decided to say hi to some friends. We actually kept checking the wait times for Joy & Sadness and Baymax throughout the day, but they were always pretty long waits. So my plan was to wait until IllumiNations started – since we had no interest in watching tonight – and hoped the wait time would drop then.

In the meantime, I got a FP for the Character Spot – so we went there first.

PhotoPass_Visiting_EPCOT_404968211942.JPG
PhotoPass_Visiting_EPCOT_404968212103.JPG
PhotoPass_Visiting_EPCOT_404968212107.JPG
PhotoPass_Visiting_EPCOT_404968681149.JPG
PhotoPass_Visiting_EPCOT_404968681357.JPG

Attachments

• PhotoPass_Visiting_EPCOT_404968212105.JPG
    PhotoPass_Visiting_EPCOT_404968212105.JPG
    93.9 KB · Views: 212

Figment Forever

Original Poster
Hope wanted to meet with Anna & Elsa so we started our trek back to WS. While we waited on line, Hope was dozing off in her stroller. I was worried that she would fall asleep and I wouldn’t be able to wake her up, but I took my chances and just remained on the line. Julia wanted to meet the sisters because since Olaf could not sign her ears, she was going to have Anna & Elsa sign them.

As we approached Anna, I leaned down and told Hope it was almost our turn. She barely moved. When it was our turn, I was about to lean down and ask her again if she wanted to meet Anna, when she popped out of the stroller, ran over to Anna and started to belt out at the top of her lungs, “Do you wanna build a snowman?” Anna seemed stunned – and for a moment didn’t speak a word so Hope continued on… “No that never really works…” Obviously mimicking the show at HS. I don’t think anyone knew what hit them. Anna had a hard time not cracking up – even the photopass CM was chuckling at her. As Anna signed Julia’s ears and Hope’s book, Hope kept on singing and running in a small circle around Anna. Anna decided she should dance with her.

PhotoPass_Visiting_EPCOT_404969401414.JPG
PhotoPass_Visiting_EPCOT_404969401417.JPG
PhotoPass_Visiting_EPCOT_404969401422.JPG
PhotoPass_Visiting_EPCOT_404969401424.JPG
PhotoPass_Visiting_EPCOT_404969401428.JPG
PhotoPass_Visiting_EPCOT_404969401445.JPG
PhotoPass_Visiting_EPCOT_404969401559.JPG
PhotoPass_Visiting_EPCOT_404969401560.JPG

Figment Forever

Original Poster
When we said good bye to Anna and approached Elsa, I told Hope she should relax a little. I know it shouldn’t bother me, but there were other families there and Hope was managing to get ALL the attention from the CM’s. She seemed to calm down as we walked towards Elsa. But when it was our turn, again, my sleepy head Hope burst out in front of Elsa and again at the top of her lungs, sang out, “Let it go, let it go…” and danced in front of Elsa, Like, Anna, Elsa was caught off guard and started to laugh. Anna realized what was happening and came over to say something to Elsa and watch Hope.

PhotoPass_Visiting_EPCOT_404969409780.JPG
PhotoPass_Visiting_EPCOT_404969409781.JPG
PhotoPass_Visiting_EPCOT_404969409783.JPG
PhotoPass_Visiting_EPCOT_404969409789.JPG
PhotoPass_Visiting_EPCOT_404969409794.JPG

Did I catch any of this on video? No.

When we left the Frozen sisters, we headed over to the American Pavillion where I got Hope changed into “human child” clothes and retired her dress to my backpack. As soon as she sat back down in her stroller, she passed out asleep.

We stopped in at France and Julia got a crème Brule and I got coffee and sat for a while. It was almost 11:00 and we were beat. We started back to the busses. The line for POR was crazy again, so we waited for a bus to be sure we got a seat. Julia took control of the stroller while I carried Hope onto the bus. No bus drama and soon we were home. When we got off at POR, I told the girls to sit on the bench while I opened the stroller and got or stuff situated. It only took me a few moments but when I turned around I saw this…

IMG_6104.JPG

Fast asleep! Lol I got Hope in her royal carriage but poor Julia had to trudge back into alertness until we got our room. Ross was sound asleep and in a few moments, so were we.

Figment Forever

Original Poster
Day 13: Wednesday, September 20th

I let everyone sleep in this morning. We had EMH at MK today so I wanted all of us to be recharged. Thankfully, Ross woke up feeling much better and was ready to rejoin us. Julia woke up and did some homework while the rest of us got ready to go. I changed some of our earlier FPs for later times since I knew we would miss them. By 10:15, we were waiting for a bus to take us to MK.

IMG_6114.JPG
IMG_6116.JPG
IMG_6118.JPG
IMG_6120.jpg

Figment Forever

Original Poster
We had a little time left before our lunch ADR so we watched Philharmagic before heading over to Beast’s castle.

IMG_6136.JPG
IMG_6137.JPG
IMG_6140.JPG
IMG_6141.JPG
IMG_6142.JPG
IMG_6143.JPG
IMG_6146.JPG

We had never eaten lunch here before so we very excited to experience it. It was very crowded – much more than at breakfast time. Hope wanted to eat in the West Wing, but there were no available tables so we found a spot In the other dining room – not the main ballroom, but the other smaller one.- what is it called? Help me out @Tuvalu or @blgauger Why am I drawing a blank?

My princess droid…

IMG_6145.JPG

Figment Forever

Original Poster
Julia was so excited to try the grey cupcake. She ate it before her sandwich! Lol

IMG_6147.JPG
IMG_6148.JPG

Lunch was excellent and we were all happy. Hope had the Mac & Cheese. The child was on a mac&cheese kick the whole vacation. And yes - the child picks broccoli over french fries. lol

IMG_6149.JPG

Julia had the Turkey sandwich.

IMG_6152.JPG

Ross had the roast beef.

IMG_6153.JPG

I had the braised beef dish.

IMG_6155.JPG

I would definitely return again for lunch - it was fantastic.

Before we left, Julia got a picture of Ross and me.

IMG_6156.jpg

Hope wanted to get in the picture.

IMG_6157.jpg

Then we were on our way to a family favorite…

Figment Forever

Original Poster
When we left the Monster World, we decided to ride Buzz and was met with a enormous FP line.

IMG_6183.JPG
IMG_6184.JPG
IMG_6185.JPG
IMG_6186.jpg

It moved steady, but it was crazy long. This seemed to be a trend this year – really long FP lines. The good part was that they all seemed to move fast, but I wondered why it was happening.

IMG_6189.JPG
IMG_6190.JPG
IMG_6196.JPG
PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_405546437690.jpeg
PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_8099566004.jpeg

I think I take this game a little to seriously. lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom