Trip Report Hurricanes, Foot Pains and “What The Crocs Just Happened?” Anniversary Tale – A Sept/Irma 2017 TR (COMPLETED)

So here we are again… Another amazing trip is over.

IMG_4614.JPG

My original title for the is report was:

The Best-Laid Plans Of The Mouse & Men…
because so many of our carefully thought out schedules & plans were completely turned upside down by Irma and other “forces” along the way.

However, Ross and Julia who do not share my love for Robert Burns or John Steinbeck vetoed that and came up with their own title.

Before I begin our tale, I want to express and offer our thoughts and prayers to all who suffered in Hurricane Irma as well as Harvey & Maria. There are times when I joke about the fact that we were in Florida during the hurricane, but in no way do I not realize the devastation that was caused to so many.

That being said... Let the Trip Report begin! Who’s in?

Figment Forever

Original Poster
So glad to see you updating again! Kudos to Hope for riding TOT, I love that we have been able to see her grow up and progress over the past few years.

Thanks so much for following along! Sometime I look back on my older reports and see the difference myself. I just wish they wouldn't grow so fast!! Trying to finish up my report soon - before my notes fade away!

Figment Forever

Original Poster
Well done Hope, she is much braver than me, in my whole 31 years iv never been on once and have no intention of doing, I hate the sensation of dropping.

Me too - I hate freefalls! I always say that I'm not doing it again, but then I get sucked into the whole "Twillight Zone" theme. Ross makes fun of my face in the photo every time!

Figment Forever

Original Poster
I just caught up! Sorry I've been liking all your posts for the past three days, your notifications are probably blowing up :hilarious:

Glad you guys made it through the storm ok! Hope's moment in Enchanted Tales was so sweet and heartwarming. So glad for her, and for you! Hope the omnimover situation got sorted out :( That's a LOT of attractions there!

Thanks for reading along! I like the notifications so no worries there! lol Nope - the omnimover situation lives on and we are still trying to figure it out. But Hope is aware of it so hopefully, it will just work out one day like her fear of water.

Figment Forever

Original Poster
I am so sorry I am so late to this report, but this almost made me :cry:! My oldest son has some developmental delays, and it is the greatest feeling in the world when they prove you wrong!!
Can't wait to read the rest! I am loving it!! :)

Thanks so much for reading!! Yes, I agree - the greatest feeling is when they prove us and the "professionals" wrong!!

Figment Forever

Original Poster

After the show, we decided to split up for a bit Julia wanted to ride R&RC so Ross took Hope back to Disney Jr. again. On our walk, we saw that they drained the water where Gertie is. Julia got sad fearing that they were getting rid of her favorite dino so we stopped for a pic.

IMG_4407.JPG
IMG_4409.JPG

PhotoPass_Visiting_STUDIO_404858186613.JPG
PhotoPass_Visiting_STUDIO_404858186601.JPG

Then went to use our backstage passes!

IMG_4411.JPG
IMG_4412.JPG

We headed back to find Ross & Hope. As we got closer to Disney Jr, I texted Ross to see where they were. Apparently some stormtroopers were doing some shopping.

IMG_4414.JPG
IMG_4415.jpg

Ross didn’t reply so we went over to One Man’s Dream which had just been renamed to Walt Disney Presents.

IMG_4416.JPG

Julia loves it here.

IMG_4420.JPG

They were still changing it up and we definitely notice some favorites that were gone. But it was still fun. Julia noticed that they were playing the movie on Walt Disney’s life so we stayed to watch it. I will admit it, I took a short, unintentional nap,

During the show, I got a text for Ross that they were waiting to meet the Disney Jr. characters so when the show ended we walked over to join them.

Figment Forever

Original Poster

Julia wanted to see the Muppets – we didn’t make it there last year so off we went. Julia was still sad to see Pizza Planet was gone. Like I said, we are not Muppet fans.

IMG_4435.JPG

IMG_4428.JPG
IMG_4429.JPG

It was cute but not my favorite show. The theatre was really empty. When we walked out, it was starting to rain. We donned our ponchos and headed back to ToT. I managed a FP for it while at the Muppets.

IMG_4432.JPG
IMG_4433.JPG
IMG_4437.JPG

PhotoPass_Visiting_STUDIO_404852233265.JPG
PhotoPass_Visiting_STUDIO_404852233274.JPG

Hope had a new favorite ride!

IMG_4442.JPG
PhotoPass_Visiting_STUDIO_405723225936.jpeg

When we exited the ride, there was a downpour outside. We hung around the gift shop for a while to see if it would slow down. It did a little but it was still pouring! Once again, we threw on our ponchos, got Hope in her stroller and headed out.

We had a decision to make – whether we would stick around to watch Fantasmic!. I know some people don’t like it, but it’s our favorite show. I knew they wouldn’t make a call until it came much closer to show time, but I knew we would be sitting in wetness no matter what. I left it up to Julia. She decided to not wait – she wasn’t feeling the rain and didn’t want to take a chance. So we said our goodbyes to the Studios and made our way back to POR.

Figment Forever

Original Poster

We stopped in our room and changed into dry clothes.

IMG_4444.JPG

It had been a while since we ate so we needed to decide if we should eat at the foodcourt or if we should make a stop to DS. Julia and I were in the mood for Blaze Pizza and we were excited for Ross to try it too, so that was an easy decision. Since the rain had stopped, we took the boat – one of my favorite perks of POR.

IMG_4446.jpg
IMG_4450.JPG
IMG_4448.JPG

We walked to Blaze and ordered 3 pies.

IMG_4451.jpg
IMG_4453.JPG
IMG_4454.JPG
IMG_4455.JPG

The following pie was my GF pizza.

IMG_4456.JPG

We found a booth inside which I liked a lot better than the long tables. We all enjoyed it – so yummy. I felt bad because I knew Ross would have chosen Wolfgang Pucks over this – but I have to say I think I like Blaze better. Besides the pizza, Hope likes it here and she has never liked WP. Almost everytime we visit WP, we have an “issue”. So I embraced our yummy and calm dinner.

Figment Forever

Original Poster

I wanted some ice cream but Ross wanted to try to fix his MB issue. We walked by the new Guest Relations store front and walked inside.

IMG_4457.JPG

We explained that his MB would not allow him to charge even though we had tried to reset it several times. The first young lady had to pass us on to a supervisor because she said she had never seen a problem like this. Soon, the supervisor, another sweet young lady, would be saying the same thing. She wanted to speak with someone over at POR so she called over and they put her on hold. While she was on hold she kept looking for different options for what could be going wrong, but nothing she found seemed right. We could tell she was getting annoyed at POR. They answered her call and then put her on hold again! She was NOT happy! At one point, we told her not to worry – it was getting close to 11:00pm and we didn’t want to keep her past closing. Ross waited patiently...

IMG_4460.JPG

Hope was fast asleep along with Julia. Yep – she’s really sleeping here!

IMG_4458.JPG

The CM finally spoke to POR. The decided that they should change our pin # and reset all of our MB’s. Sounded good to us so we passed all of MB’s to her and she went to work. She seemed very proud of herself and hoped it worked. Then she told us that she got so upset with how POR kept her on hold, she said she credited us with a set of 3 FP for every 3 minutes they kept her on hold. Well, they kept her on hold for 21 minutes! So she gave us a set of 3 FP for the next 7 days!!! 21 bonus FP’s!!! We thanked her very much and hoped the problem was solved.

It wouldn’t take long for us to find out. We made it to Ghirardelli’s right before they were closing.

IMG_4462.jpg
IMG_4461.JPG

Julia, who was now awake, and I ordered ice cream cones.

IMG_4463.JPG

Ross went to pay and tapped his band and what do you think happened? Nothing – it didn’t work! I told him it was time to admit defeat, he was not meant to charge anything this trip. I tapped my band and then we got a shock – this time mine didn’t work either! Ross asked the CM to try again and told me to use our old pin #. I did and it worked for me. We got our ice-cream and booked it back to the boats to head home.

IMG_4465.JPG
IMG_4466.JPG

When we got back to the room, I remembered I had brought an extra MB for Julia – it was hers from last year – just in case she lost hers, so I gave it to Ross so he could use that to charge. Problem solved!

Up Next: Cape May – No Way!

riverside

I wanted some ice cream but Ross wanted to try to fix his MB issue. We walked by the new Guest Relations store front and walked inside.

View attachment 254660

We explained that his MB would not allow him to charge even though we had tried to reset it several times. The first young lady had to pass us on to a supervisor because she said she had never seen a problem like this. Soon, the supervisor, another sweet young lady, would be saying the same thing. She wanted to speak with someone over at POR so she called over and they put her on hold. While she was on hold she kept looking for different options for what could be going wrong, but nothing she found seemed right. We could tell she was getting annoyed at POR. They answered her call and then put her on hold again! She was NOT happy! At one point, we told her not to worry – it was getting close to 11:00pm and we didn’t want to keep her past closing. Ross waited patiently...

View attachment 254662

Hope was fast asleep along with Julia. Yep – she’s really sleeping here!

View attachment 254661

The CM finally spoke to POR. The decided that they should change our pin # and reset all of our MB’s. Sounded good to us so we passed all of MB’s to her and she went to work. She seemed very proud of herself and hoped it worked. Then she told us that she got so upset with how POR kept her on hold, she said she credited us with a set of 3 FP for every 3 minutes they kept her on hold. Well, they kept her on hold for 21 minutes! So she gave us a set of 3 FP for the next 7 days!!! 21 bonus FP’s!!! We thanked her very much and hoped the problem was solved.

It wouldn’t take long for us to find out. We made it to Ghirardelli’s right before they were closing.

View attachment 254664 View attachment 254663

Julia, who was now awake, and I ordered ice cream cones.

View attachment 254665

Ross went to pay and tapped his band and what do you think happened? Nothing – it didn’t work! I told him it was time to admit defeat, he was not meant to charge anything this trip. I tapped my band and then we got a shock – this time mine didn’t work either! Ross asked the CM to try again and told me to use our old pin #. I did and it worked for me. We got our ice-cream and booked it back to the boats to head home.

View attachment 254666 View attachment 254667

When we got back to the room, I remembered I had brought an extra MB for Julia – it was hers from last year – just in case she lost hers, so I gave it to Ross so he could use that to charge. Problem solved!

Up Next: Cape May – No Way!
Nice that you got the extra fast passes—you deserved them for having to go through that. But it is so frustrating dealing with that. They’re great when they work but when they don’t it’s a mess!!

Figment Forever

Original Poster
Nice that you got the extra fast passes—you deserved them for having to go through that. But it is so frustrating dealing with that. They’re great when they work but when they don’t it’s a mess!!

It was really nice of the CM - it was crazy seeing that many FPs on our account! Once he had Julia's band, we didn't have any other issues, but it was bizarre how they couldn't figure out how to fix it. It's almost like the system wouldn't let them override it.

blreinsel

I think we were spoiled because until this trip, I think we have always seen Ben in the show. Sadly, this performance would be the only time we saw him this trip and WOW what a difference it makes in the show! I love how they just crack each other up!

You are soooo right! He brings something special to the show.. nobody can compare to his performances! :)

Mmmmm Blaze! One of my favorite QS spots. :hungry:

Figment Forever

Original Poster
Day 8 – Friday, September 15th

Once again, I didn’t bother forcing everyone up at the crack of dawn. I went down to the food court to pick up some coffee and we had breakfast from some of the food we had left from our Irma stockpile. We made our way to the bus stop by around 9:30.

IMG_4468.JPG
IMG_4469.JPG
IMG_4470.JPG
IMG_4471.JPG
IMG_4474.JPG
IMG_4475.JPG
IMG_4477.JPG
IMG_4478.JPG

At 10:00AM, without any bus drama, we arrived at EPCOT.

IMG_4479.JPG

Figment Forever

Original Poster
We had a 12:00PM ADR for lunch at Germany so we started to make our way to WS. On the way, we stopped for a cool drink. It’s so funny how we don’t drink any soda at home, but we can drink it here. I really like the melon flavor one – I forget which country it’s from. Maybe Japan?

IMG_4500.JPG
IMG_4501.JPG

I let Julia play Pokémon Go on the way to lunch, so I don’t have many pictures of our walk.

IMG_4503.JPG
IMG_4504.JPG

We arrived at Germany a few minutes before noon so we waited until we were called in. The place was empty and really never filled up – even when we were leaving. The best part was that since it was so empty, we got to sit by ourselves and not share our table. Ross and Julia really like it here while Hope and I do not. Hope likes the show, but unfortunately, it did not go on until later that day and we didn’t want to sit there and wait, so we missed it.

IMG_4505.JPG
IMG_4512.JPG
IMG_4514.JPG
IMG_4515.JPG
IMG_4516.JPG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom