Trip Report Hurricanes, Foot Pains and “What The Crocs Just Happened?” Anniversary Tale – A Sept/Irma 2017 TR (COMPLETED)

So here we are again… Another amazing trip is over.

IMG_4614.JPG

My original title for the is report was:

The Best-Laid Plans Of The Mouse & Men…
because so many of our carefully thought out schedules & plans were completely turned upside down by Irma and other “forces” along the way.

However, Ross and Julia who do not share my love for Robert Burns or John Steinbeck vetoed that and came up with their own title.

Before I begin our tale, I want to express and offer our thoughts and prayers to all who suffered in Hurricane Irma as well as Harvey & Maria. There are times when I joke about the fact that we were in Florida during the hurricane, but in no way do I not realize the devastation that was caused to so many.

That being said... Let the Trip Report begin! Who’s in?

Figment Forever

Original Poster
Thank you for such a great report; enjoyed reading about Hope's improvement and changes. She is so lucky to have such a nice big sister as Julia. It was fun reading about them. I agree with Hope on Vanilla ice cream. Of all the flavors in the world, I always order Vanilla:) My husband and I have a friendly battle of the best scores on TSM. I Always lose! Do you have any winning secrets,or are you just that good? Love that ride. I also love the VOTLM at HS; don't know why, but can't miss it. The singer is just wonderful.
It was fun to read about your husband's many trials and tribulations, even though it must have been frustrating for him. Like you, I would have laughed hysterically at them. We love POR too, but switched to POFQ this year due to the smaller size and that it doesn't accept dogs.
Again, thanks for the fun TR:)

Thanks so much for following along with us! I have tried to "study" how to max out on Buzz - although it really happens, but TSMM - no, I have no secrets. I just fire away like crazy! lol Julia is an awesome big sister - I am very blessed. Yes, I am a VOTLM fan. Funny, because I always used to wonder if it was a "live" singer or if it was lip-synched. It always seemed too perfect! I hope it stays around for a while.

Figment Forever

Original Poster
Ross stapling his shoes :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious: That is TOTALLY something that my dad would do. He has a pair of tennis shoes that used to be his "good shoes" but then got worn out so became his "outside shoes." Well, shoes aren't meant to last forever but he won't admit it. His outside shoes are covered in duct tape :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious: They are the most ridiculous looking shoes I've ever seen. Maybe you just need to pack some tape this year rather than Ross packing extra shoes. :p

This was such a fun report and I enjoyed reading about Irma from your shoes. Maybe we'll actually get to meet this year, assuming there isn't another crazy hurricane during your trip. ;)

Thanks for pushing through and sharing about the rest of your trip! Looking forward to reading about your plans for the next one. :)

My dad always carried a roll of duct tape with him saying it was always good in emergencies. Who knew I would start following in his footsteps? Maybe our paths will cross next time!! Thanks for following along!!!

Figment Forever

Original Poster
I’ve just started reading your TR. I don’t comment very often but, this part has me in tears! I also have a little girl with autism about Hope’s age. What an amazing accomplishment for her and you! Great job Mom and Hope!

Thanks so much for reading - it was a moment I will hold close to my heart forever! When "professionals" tell me all the things Hope may never be able to do, Disney reminds me of all the things that are possible when you dream.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom