Hurricane Ian expected to impact Florida (updates and related discussions)

NickMaio

Not sure if this is the right thread for this any longer but we cancelled our trip and Disney is telling me my unused MNSSHP tickets will just go dormant in my account and I can use them for a party next year. Has anyone else received that same info? It conflicts with info other posters in this thread have received.
We got our money back automatically.

NickMaio

Looking at both the Universal and the Disney app it appears that all attractions were open today. JPRA, Hulk at IOA, Pirates at MK, Everest and Kali. All the HHN houses are open too.
A lot at MK were closed this morning.
Pirates
Pmover
And something else.

Every ride we went on today broke down multiple times. Every ride.
We went on everything except dwarfs and cruise.
It's getting really bad in the maintenance department.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
BF552E29-85B0-417F-BCFF-9A30A0220D57.jpeg

Marina at Charlotte Harbor

plutofan15

A lot at MK were closed this morning.
Pirates
Pmover
And something else.

Every ride we went on today broke down multiple times. Every ride.
We went on everything except dwarfs and cruise.
It's getting really bad in the maintenance department.
You must have bad luck. We were there for a week in August and not a single ride broke down. A few stopped for a minute or two but they were omnimovers so it was more than likely a load/unload issue. Or maybe we are lucky. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

SpectroMagician

You must have bad luck. We were there for a week in August and not a single ride broke down. A few stopped for a minute or two but they were omnimovers so it was more than likely a load/unload issue. Or maybe we are lucky. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø
We were there a week ago and so many rides were closed multiple times through the day, everytime we checked ride times on the phone at least 1 in the park we were in was down.

Are you just saying you were not on any when they broke down or were you also monitoring the app and never saw any down?

jlhwdw

Thereā€™s been lots of virtue signaling on social media, mostly twitter, from some loud folks who are in shock the parks arenā€™t closed ā€œfor weeksā€ so ā€œpeople can clean up.ā€ Theyā€™re also quite annoyed that locals had the nerve to visit the parks today. Itā€™s all very odd and itā€™s clear they donā€™t know how the world operates.
I saw some of that too. One of them was a crossover with "the parks should *still* be closed for COVID.

atlien

We just came back from Disney World and 75 South was pretty bad at times. It looks like large convoys of utility vehicles and hurricane relief supplies were mixed in with the heavy traffic.
We went to both AK and Epcot post hurricane Ian and both parks looked good. You could see a few trees had been removed and some fabric awnings had been damaged but overall both parks seemed normal other that some rides that were down. Animal Kingdom was a little disappointing because EE, KS, and KRP, were all closed all day long. I feel like Disney should have pushed the reopening of AK another day.
We were at the resorts during Ian and Disney World took great care of us and the other guests. You could tell they had planned for this scenario and were ready. I am glad Disney World seemed to be spared the worst but as a native Floridian I hate that other parts of Florida were devastated.

Lilofan

We just came back from Disney World and 75 South was pretty bad at times. It looks like large convoys of utility vehicles and hurricane relief supplies were mixed in with the heavy traffic.
We went to both AK and Epcot post hurricane Ian and both parks looked good. You could see a few trees had been removed and some fabric awnings had been damaged but overall both parks seemed normal other that some rides that were down. Animal Kingdom was a little disappointing because EE, KS, and KRP, were all closed all day long. I feel like Disney should have pushed the reopening of AK another day.
We were at the resorts during Ian and Disney World took great care of us and the other guests. You could tell they had planned for this scenario and were ready. I am glad Disney World seemed to be spared the worst but as a native Floridian I hate that other parts of Florida were devastated.
Those attractions at AK sustained damage from Ian.

Lilofan

Any idea on how long they'll be down? I am hoping that at least Kali and KS are open when we go in 10 days.
I'm not sure but Everest sustained damage to the top of the mountain. If you are planning to go to Universal Islands of Adventure , a number of locations at the park are not operating. You'll be going at least to beautiful weather.

G00fyDad

I'm not sure but Everest sustained damage to the top of the mountain. If you are planning to go to Universal Islands of Adventure , a number of locations at the park are not operating. You'll be going at least to beautiful weather.
No real desire to go to Uni. As long as Kali and KS are up and running that is all I care about. My son's girlfriend wants to be a biologist and she is really into conservation. KS is the ride she wants to ride the most.

plutofan15

We were there a week ago and so many rides were closed multiple times through the day, everytime we checked ride times on the phone at least 1 in the park we were in was down.

Are you just saying you were not on any when they broke down or were you also monitoring the app and never saw any down?
Too busy having fun to ā€œmonitorā€ the app. I am sure some rides went down but nothing that caused us to not be able to ride them during our visit. Splash was down for a while one day but we rode Thunder and POC before hopping on Splash. Not a big deal. Oh, saw PeopleMover down once as well. Honestly cannot recall seeing any other rides down in any of the parks other than due to weather.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom