Hurricane Ian expected to impact Florida (updates and related discussions)

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
The management was bad then…it’s much worse now.

The proper play - as an old Disney keeper of the realm - is no expiration.
It costs them really nothing to do that…it’s a minor financial olive branch, and the benefits of such have more intrinsic value to the brand.

Depressing ☹️
Si.

On hold now. Called 10 minutes before the call centre closes. 25 minute wait.

Hoping this works the same as hopping into an attraction line right before closing ….

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!

Something also tells me that Amtrak and SunRail are going to take time to restore service along the rail corridor.

1664508215666.png

Apparently that track runs by Legoland as well.

wutisgood

Yes, thank you.
This pretty much means we’re out of luck, yes?

We spent almost $400 (with exchange) on one day tickets. A one year extension is virtually meaningless , given that IF we can make it back within that year, it would be for a longer trip than this one was. We’d be buying a multi-day pass.

Still no email from Disney and nothing in MDE, and I really don’t want to spend hours on a long distance call.

First world problems, I know.
You could sell them on ebay for some money back or upgrade them to multi day tickets if you get back for a longer trip.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Good luck! Hopefully they can find you a room seeing you have a reservation
That probably wouldn’t have worked because of the pup; not that it was offered as an alternative.
She can stay 4-5 hours loose in the RV no problem, but not crated in a room.

It took one full hour (on my LD dime) to cancel. Given that they haven’t announced a reopening date for FW, the CM agreed that it’s not likely going to be by Sunday … and we have to make plans. Either go back to the Keys for a week or straight to Pigeon Forge to put the rig in storage.

The CM was unable to do anything with our park ticket, and it’s stuck on MDE as well. I suspect it’s an IT problem, and I’ll try again tomorrow.

I’ll move my disappointment over to my trip report, as this isn’t really the place for it.

As an aside, the CM sounded exhausted, and I think he’s taken a lot of grief today. He thanked me for being so patient and agreeable. I have many faults - shooting the messenger when he/she is having a stressful day isn’t one of them.

Aside #2 - the music while you’re on hold is still awesome.

Figgy1

Premium Member
That probably wouldn’t have worked because of the pup; not that it was offered as an alternative.
She can stay 4-5 hours loose in the RV no problem, but not crated in a room.

It took one full hour (on my LD dime) to cancel. Given that they haven’t announced a reopening date for FW, the CM agreed that it’s not likely going to be by Sunday … and we have to make plans. Either go back to the Keys for a week or straight to Pigeon Forge to put the rig in storage.

The CM was unable to do anything with our park ticket, and it’s stuck on MDE as well. I suspect it’s an IT problem, and I’ll try again tomorrow.

I’ll move my disappointment over to my trip report, as this isn’t really the place for it.

As an aside, the CM sounded exhausted, and I think he’s taken a lot of grief today. He thanked me for being so patient and agreeable. I have many faults - shooting the messenger when he/she is having a stressful day isn’t one of them.

Aside #2 - the music while you’re on hold is still awesome.
The like is for Disney having the best hold music

We have party tix for Sunday night, if I cancel, does anyone know if I can get a refund? I’m so bummed, we want to go but our return flight is next weekend from RSW and we don’t believe that leg of the trip is possible and changing our flights to go out of MCO is insane money. 😭

DisneyDebRob

We have party tix for Sunday night, if I cancel, does anyone know if I can get a refund? I’m so bummed, we want to go but our return flight is next weekend from RSW and we don’t believe that leg of the trip is possible and changing our flights to go out of MCO is insane money. 😭
Try and contact Disney, explain your situation. Maybe they can do something. With so many stuck in bad situations you would think they would accommodate the best they can.

erstwo

I agree! Call and see - you can’t be the only one in this situation. I hope Disney will give you a refund - fingers crossed!

I know you have probably just decided to cancel at this point, but if you are willing to still try - you might try the cost of flying home from an east coast airport? West Palm Beach or something similar? You might not want to drive to an airport to get home, but just wondering if maybe the cost might be less because WPB, etc were less impacted (and canceled fewer flights) than MCO which probably has a back up.
Wishing you good luck!
Maybe you can resell them if Disney says no??

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom