Hurricane Ian expected to impact Florida (updates and related discussions)

lisa12000

For ticket extension do you think this will be all types of multi-day tickets? My son and wife are out there now and they have the 14 day ultimates which are for UK guests but these only have a 14 day expiry. It looks like they are going to be delayed getting home at least 3 days (should have been Thursday)but wondered if the tickets would be extended so that they can at least go to the parks (the 14 days would be up Thursday). I wasn't sure whether the extension only applied to the US tickets?

Sorry I know thats a bit waffly im a bit stressed as they've been told by wilderness lodge that they cannot stop there past Thursday as there is no room - not sure how they are meant to change hotels at the height of the hurricane!

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
For ticket extension do you think this will be all types of multi-day tickets? My son and wife are out there now and they have the 14 day ultimates which are for UK guests but these only have a 14 day expiry. It looks like they are going to be delayed getting home at least 3 days (should have been Thursday)but wondered if the tickets would be extended so that they can at least go to the parks (the 14 days would be up Thursday). I wasn't sure whether the extension only applied to the US tickets?

Sorry I know thats a bit waffly im a bit stressed as they've been told by wilderness lodge that they cannot stop there past Thursday as there is no room - not sure how they are meant to change hotels at the height of the hurricane!

I can’t imagine they’d only extend tickets for US ticket holders, but that’s something only Disney could answer. They had better find accommodation for your family too. That’s awful to stress everyone out like that.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
34CFACB7-8634-479F-9C31-B5AE2215B49E.jpeg

esskay

They likely will extend them. UK also and have mine extended on multiple occasions when there's been a hurricane.

MrPromey

It's worth noting that while still dangerous, these kinds of tornadoes are not what most people think of like the ones in the mid west.

They're typically small, don't last long, and usually with winds equal to or less than that of the hurricane, itself.

Still something to be mindful of and to take precautions against and still deadly, but someone can see one out their window taking off part of the roof of a house or pulling up a fence across the street and not be directly impacted by it, themselves.

Not trying to downplay them - they're still deadly - but it isn't like a scene from Twister or anything like that.

surfsupdon

This is when the benefit of a Hotel style Resort comes in handy, like a Yacht/Beach, Lodge, Riviera, Swan, Dolphin, Reserve, Gran Destino. You can explore the interior halls of resorts and access most amenities and additional seating areas, if opened.

The cluster of buildings model is difficult, and I can see myself getting restless in just my room.

Be safe!

CntrlFlPete

Curious for any FL or others who have experienced hurricanes: saw someone interviewed on the news tonight who was evacuating and the person said “this one (Ian) just feels different“. Thoughts?

for some folks, just the memory of being w/o power for a week +, getting around w/o traffic ligts, obstacles to driving (days after the storm) -- being in Central FL now (long time in SEFL), not a lot of folks up here board up -- I have to assume that the area has never seen a storm like this -- if the model that has it stay slow on its path, we could be under hurricane/tropical storm conditions for a couple of days -- rain estimates keep going from 11 to 20 inches, the ground has been wet, lakes high already due to the rain as of late.

On the plus side, the state as a whole has been through storms -- things like gas stations and grocery stores will help -- oh, if one is on or near water, the snakes and gators no longer know the difference between a lake and a parking lot/porch.

this will impact a lot of people, will not be fun, I can't speak for the person's experiences, but anytime I am in the path of a storm, it feels different enough and is something to take serious!

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
I'm worried about those who chose not to evac that will be in the path of this storm while still a major hurricane

I'm also very concerned about what damage we may see in the WDW Resort area (trees, damage, flooding)

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Well, yeah. You realize that rain comes from somewhere, right? Hurricanes rotate CCW. Water is picked up from the ocean and spun up to the right of the hurricane.

The news here was clearly showing the difference in rainfall depending on which model was right.

I see the Covid medical experts are now Meteorogists.
I prefer my rain from above…not sucked up from the ocean and dumped directly on land like a beer funnel…but different strokes

And I see “downplay till I look like a complete fool” instinct is strong with some/crosses discussion topics 👍🏻

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom