News Hurricane Elsa impacts to Walt Disney World July 2021

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
1625230711479.png

Disney Dead Head

Its a Tropical storm........ we just had one here last weekend in SC and it was again like most a nothing burger......we get pop up T Storms that are much worse. we head down tomorrow to the parks and it wont be the first time we have has Tropical storm while there. It does keep the crowds low and only the outside rides are impacted

peter11435

Its a Tropical storm........ we just had one here last weekend in SC and it was again like most a nothing burger......we get pop up T Storms that are much worse. we head down tomorrow to the parks and it wont be the first time we have has Tropical storm while there. It does keep the crowds low and only the outside rides are impacted
It’s a hurricane now

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Not even close. If it hits Florida it will die on land quickly.
Unless it passes over Florida with enough rotation to restrengthen in the Gulf Stream, in which case all bets are off on the mid-Atlantic and Northeast coasts.

And be careful if you google "spaghetti Elsa" or you might get this...
1625234871999.png

Last edited:

iowamomof4

We had planned to drive from Virginia to Orlando on Tuesday. Would you try to add a day before and do the driving on Monday, or wait a day or two and drive down once the storm has passed? I’m kind of leaning toward going a day early. I wouldn’t hate being in the room for a day, and I certainly don’t feel good about having to drive through a hurricane/aftermath tornadoes etc! But I don’t want to be there with no electricity and no food. Thoughts?

You didn't ask me, but if I had the option to go on Monday I'd probably be doing that. Better to get there ahead of time rather than wait. If you wait, you'll possibly be driving through it if it were to go up the coast or something. Or you can just roll the dice and go on Tuesday and hope it isn't too bad.

Lilofan

We had planned to drive from Virginia to Orlando on Tuesday. Would you try to add a day before and do the driving on Monday, or wait a day or two and drive down once the storm has passed? I’m kind of leaning toward going a day early. I wouldn’t hate being in the room for a day, and I certainly don’t feel good about having to drive through a hurricane/aftermath tornadoes etc! But I don’t want to be there with no electricity and no food. Thoughts?
If I were you I would check hotels along the route for rooms avaliable. Be aware the rates will be higher. I-95 Lumberton NC 30 min from the NC/SC border is well known to flood including the interstate. If you stay in a hotel there Lumberton is a very poor area and there has been violence and break ins there affecting tourists. The gas stations may run out of gas and the usual supermarkets will have bare shelves.

Captain Barbossa

This is neither here nor there, but people should look to other sources for weather information besides The Weather Hypers Channel.
TWC is a joke nowadays. It’s been several years since I’ve even entertained the idea of watching it. As one of my friends who’s been a meteorologist for nearly 3 decades said, “They have become an embarrassment to the field. The kids they have on there probably got their meteorology degrees from Walmart”.

If this were to impact WDW, and if it were to somehow magically remove the tacos and stargate from WSL… I can think of worse impacts. 😉
It really would be a drea.....I mean a shame if the Harm hardware, the big blue box, the big grey box, and GE were to get sucked up and blown away. ;)

Parker in NYC

TWC is a joke nowadays. It’s been several years since I’ve even entertained the idea of watching it. As one of my friends who’s been a meteorologist for nearly 3 decades said, “They have become an embarrassment to the field. The kids they have on there probably got their meteorology degrees from Walmart”.
Quite honestly, I haven't watched a weather forecast on TV in over a decade. Smartphones and computers, y'all. Welcome to the 21st Century.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom