Hungry times at WDW

Alex_3112

Original Poster
We are planning a visit to WDW this summer (haven't been there in several years). I noticed there is a lot of buzz about how hard dining reservations are now to make, and decided to check out the Disneyworld website ahead of time. Indeed, reservations seem to be difficult to find. And I'm not even talking about overly popular places like Cinderella Royal Table or Space 220 - even very casual restaurants like Beaches & Cream at Beach Club Resort appear to be booked solid for the next 60 days.

We don't need to go hungry when in the parks? Or not?

Club Cooloholic

We are planning a visit to WDW this summer (haven't been there in several years). I noticed there is a lot of buzz about how hard dining reservations are now to make, and decided to check out the Disneyworld website ahead of time. Indeed, reservations seem to be difficult to find. And I'm not even talking about overly popular places like Cinderella Royal Table or Space 220 - even very casual restaurants like Beaches & Cream at Beach Club Resort appear to be booked solid for the next 60 days.

Beaches and Cream for some reason is pretty popular. That said embrace the quick service or be prepared to try walk ups at places that don't seem too busy.

correcaminos

Um B&C is not booked solid for 60 days. I actually had a few choices when deciding to add it for our mid March trip a couple days ago. Outside of Space 220 and my kid asking for Sci Fi which was always harder we have had no issues. Still lots open for a busy spring break trip.

Look for dining in resorts near by. Tons open there.

JIMINYCR

Its always been a struggle to book certain spots depending on their popularity or how new they are ( Space 220). Depending on the dates of your trip, popular weeks and higher crowd levels can make competition for sites more difficult. As long as you get in at your 60 day time first thing in the morning and work your ADR's backwards 10+ days you can get most of what youre looking for. Then the ones you fail to get, just keep trying to find an opening every day. There is no need to go hungry in the parks. And dont overlook some great choice spots that are available at resorts and DS.

oogie boogie man

It feels like a lot of people are going to Disney World now. Hopefully it is just the overseas crowds finally being able to come over. Because I wouldn't want this to be the new norm.

Buzzes Dad

WE had a hard time getting a "normal 11;30am" lunch time for 50's and had to settle for a 7pm slot. For our trip a couple of weeks ago with booking at the 60 day mark

DISR

Have a counter service plan and look for last minute reservations. Many people cancel the day prior. Also, as another post mentioned, the nearby resorts are a great option...especially for Magic Kingdom. A full day there can be a long (dry) vacation day. We usually head to WL (Geyser Point Bar and Grill) or the Poly (Trader Sams Terrace) for a late lunch and drinks before heading back in.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom