1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Humidity.. and my giant hair!

Discussion in 'WDW Tips' started by GrimGrinningGhost15, Aug 30, 2017.

1. GrimGrinningGhost15

GrimGrinningGhost15 Well-Known Member

Hey All- last time we were in WDW was first week of September, over labor day, and let me tell you... my hair did not know how to handle the humidity. It was so bad that any photopass pictures we got had to be first thing in the morning or my hair was so frizzy and giant after being outside for just 5 minutes HAHA.

Does anyone have any secret products they use to avoid this? You may be able to see in my profile picture, I have medium length, pretty thick hair... it is just dense. My parents took us to Jamaica when I was 14 and it was a Monica from Friends situation for sure. Of course I usually just end up throwing my hair in braids or bun, but I'd love to wear it down like normal.

HELP! :eek::happy:

2. kap91

kap91 Well-Known Member

Try using like a salon quality humidity or frizz serum, I have some stuff that I used to use when I lived on the east coast I think from Redken.

GrimGrinningGhost15 likes this.
  3. NiarrNDisney

NiarrNDisney Well-Known Member

One of my favorite products to combat humidity is Big Sexy Hair's Weather Proof Humidity Resistant Spray.

4. DisneyPrincess5

DisneyPrincess5 Well-Known Member

Something I have found helpful is to use a higher/salon quality shampoo and conditioner regiment. I have found that this helps kind of give my hair a healthier baseline so when I am in a situation that could get dicey, my hair is more calm and resilient. I love Moroccanoil's hydration line as well as Paul Mitchell's Awapuhi wild ginger line.

GrimGrinningGhost15 likes this.
  5. Minnie1986

Minnie1986 Well-Known Member

This is what I use. When at WDW, or just in the summer, I'll wet my hair, use a little leave in conditioner, use this spray, put my hair in a bun until I am where I'm going. Usually does the trick.

6. GrimGrinningGhost15

GrimGrinningGhost15 Well-Known Member Original Poster

Thanks everyone! Sounds like I may need to get a few travel sizes of your suggestions and see what holds up best. 17 days til our trip so too early yet to see a weather forecast... frizzy or not, I'll be in Disney!

NiarrNDisney and Minnie1986 like this.
  7. Minnie1986

Minnie1986 Well-Known Member

I'll be there at the same time, so push comes to shove, we can be frizzy haired together!:)

NiarrNDisney likes this.
  8. raven

raven Well-Known Member

Don't fight it. Give in to the forces of nature. Bring a hair tie.

9. DfromATX

DfromATX Well-Known Member

I have a hard time with the humidity also, only in my case, it goes completely flat the minute I walk out the door! I hate it! I just put it up in a ponytail. :(

Schneewittchen and raven like this.
  10. Frankie Nova

Frankie Nova Member

11. GrumpySue

GrumpySue Member

Have you ever considered getting a Keratin Treatment at your salon ?? It lasts for months and your hair is frizz free and beautiful.

MinnieM123 likes this.