Huge Volcano Bay ticket price increase.

OG Runner

If I have my figures correct, (and I may not), but with a 23% rate increase and even a 20% drop in attendance,
the attraction is still making more money. Sounds good from a financial standpoint.

lebeau

If I have my figures correct, (and I may not), but with a 23% rate increase and even a 20% drop in attendance,
the attraction is still making more money. Sounds good from a financial standpoint.

A 20% drop in attendance sounds great from a guest perspective but I don't see that happening.

OG Runner

A 20% drop in attendance sounds great from a guest perspective but I don't see that happening.

You are probably right, which means prices will go up again. People we keep coming anyway and eventually
you will be paying top dollar for a crowded venue, with long lines. (Just like Disney :D)

matt9112

They had a small expansion ready to go when the park opened, but they quickly realized that a larger expansion would be prudent, so they went back to the drawing board.

but the space cant get any bigger? i mean its boxed in...the pad is really just the ex staging area. how dense can you pack rides?

Timothy_Q

but the space cant get any bigger? i mean its boxed in...the pad is really just the ex staging area. how dense can you pack rides?
e9c9096bc55ab88b5fa767dc12698612bf7031df_hq.jpg

mergatroid

Far more rides in it than both Disney Water parks, not wonder they are charging more

Just a pity that when I've been it was impossible to ride much due to the ridiculous wait times :mad:.

I'm actually surprised the price hikes are fine with so many as Disney get slammed for far smaller increases.

cheezbat

Just a pity that when I've been it was impossible to ride much due to the ridiculous wait times :mad:.

I'm actually surprised the price hikes are fine with so many as Disney get slammed for far smaller increases.
I hate the wait times and the prices...I’d never pay that much for a single day ticket...and I LOVE waterparks...I’d rather spend that much and visit two bigger and(in my opinion)better waterparks...like Noah’s Ark in Wisconsin Dells and Water World in Denver.

Still, Volcano Bay is new and in a prime location, and does have some great rides.

ColinP29

Not speaking for the masses but I think the price hike at VB is accepted as it is still pretty new and considering the size of it, it was probably slightly underpriced. I think the price hikes will thin the crowd a bit, and think they may even increase prices again to reduce daily attendance.

mergatroid

Not speaking for the masses but I think the price hike at VB is accepted as it is still pretty new and considering the size of it, it was probably slightly underpriced. I think the price hikes will thin the crowd a bit, and think they may even increase prices again to reduce daily attendance.

They should have planned it better before opening as the capacity and number of slides was way off. I think putting up the prices will possibly keep the crowds down, however it's not a great solution for the consumer unless you're quite well off financially. I visited VB a while back on a freebie and liked the park a lot. I didn't however enjoy the huge crowds and long waits and would have felt a bit cheated had I paid the 'going rate' back then due to the small number of slides I got on and the very crowded feel throughout the day. The idea of paying more in the hope of experiencing more slides (with no guarantee of doing so) feels a bit of a kick in the teeth, however if people pay it I'm sure Universal won't mind too much.

WDWBigEd

In the Parks
Yes
Don’t forget the ticket price doesn’t even cover parking (another $20) which Disney water parks don’t have.

While I do agree the water park is way over priced. They have to find a way to pay all those worker, plus pay for the buses they are using for that park. It still bugs me that they market it like a "Theme Park". I just hope this will cause Disney to give some much needed TLC to their water parks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom